The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What the hell are you working on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I wish I could put up decals... Kaso di kaya ng kamay eh.

Anyways...
Overcross modifications 100% complete.
And I only used up 1/4th sheet of Hi-Impact plastic.
Mataas ang araw. Pwede mag prime.

Questions to Fox and JE:
Is it OK to give it three coats? Parang naninipisan ako eh. And it looks too rough.
Bastat huwag masyadong makapal yung bawat coating or else mawawala yung mga pinong detalye(kung nandyan pa hahaha).
Can't really say, as the most layers of primer that i've ever used was only two coatings. Anyways, primer is already thicker than regular aerosol paints. One coating of primer will be as thick as two of the regular kind. Try to keep the layers minimal unless you wanna spend a lot of time doing unnecessary sanding.
Right, Now I'm working on Fox's Strike Freedom.

Progress pics as of Monday, November 1.

[Image: dscf4601.jpg]
Wings down without Dragoons.

[Image: dscf4607.jpg]
Wings up, Dragoon Launched

[Image: dscf4603s.jpg]
Wings, rear view

[Image: dscf4606k.jpg]
Wings, Left, Without Dragoons, Right, With Dragoons

[sp] [Image: dscf4605b.jpg]
Face Plant... Don't worry, He's fine.

[Image: dscf4604t.jpg]
Side Skirt

I'm now working on the left skirt's Dragoon unit.
The shield might take a while though and the back cannons at the back are not feasible.
Awww, crud. Can't see the pics here in the office. Sad

Anyways, thanks for the assist there, comrade. Big grin
Once again bitten by the plamo bug from last year. It's time to crack down on some of the pieces i've snapped together over the past eleven months and this one here is first up on the chopping block. A 1/144 HGUC ReZEL standard type from the Gundam Unicorn mini-series.
[Image: HGUC_ReZEL00.jpg]

The full plamo after snapbuilding.
[Image: rezel01.jpg]

Some of the parts with visible seam lines filled in. I'm actually amazed that most of the new HGUCs nowadays have extremely minimal seam lines. In the ReZEL's case, it was the upper arms, the booster-block / cockpit and the beam rifle.
[Image: rezel02.jpg]

Parts washed in some soapy water to get rid of the mold-release chemicals and some skin oils accumulated during the snapbuilding.
[Image: rezel03.jpg]

For a pretty good mecha design, this, the waist part, specifically the crotch armor, is something i rather detest.
[Image: rezel04.jpg]

After a little bit of trimming and puttying, the mobile suit no longer has a boner. Will wait for the putty to fully dry before i start sanding the piece.
[Image: rezel05.jpg]

That's what i've got for now. More updates within the next few days.
what have you done to its heat horn??? its its best melee weapon!
Tinuli ko siya. LOL
Para kang si Nerese noong tinuli nya yung YC07-Cronus LOL
Oo nga pala tinuli ko din yung U3 ko
pinoy na pinoy ah LOL
Some progress shots of the MG 1/100 Strike Freedom "Liberta Modifica" mod project that i asked Serene to start for me. The basis of the mod is changing the SF's Dragoon System from an X-Wing style pattern to a swing-wing design. Aside from the mods, the paint scheme will be similar to the Hi-Nu Gundam from Tomino's novel, Beltorchika's Children. I got the color concept from some guy at MechaPinoy but decided to further modify it by adding more details and removing some of the extra gimmicks of the base SF kit.

It's a joint project actually. The plamo is mine, Serene handles most of the mods and i finish it off with the paint job and detailing. LOL

Profile view
[Image: libertamodifica01.jpg]

Rear view
[Image: libertamodifica02.jpg]

Front shot
[Image: libertamodifica03.jpg]

Since the new Pinion-pattern back mountings can only hold three funnels/dragoons each, the two extras are now side-mounted, replacing the railguns that were present in the original SF design.
[Image: libertamodifica04.jpg]

Bird's-eye view of the dragoon system spread out
[Image: libertamodifica05.jpg]

Rear view
[Image: libertamodifica06.jpg]

Added styrene plates to the upper sections of the torso and the shoulder panels for more bulk and to cover some of the extra vents. Also, replaced the curved cockpit cover with a scratchbuilt, more angular one. The side armor on the forearms, where the beam-shield generators are housed, have also been moved to the waist where they now serve as mounting for the funnels/dragoons there. With those gone, the holes are now covered by more styrene.
[Image: libertamodifica07.jpg]

Replaced the mini-verniers with two larger, short-bottomed thruster bells from Trace-02's scrapbox.
[Image: libertamodifica08.jpg]

Initial priming and basecoating to be done once seam lines have been filled and some of the joints re-tightened. More pics and updates to come soon.
You guys are getting much better at this. Smile
Thanks, man. Well, we had to get better sooner or later, considering that we've been at this hobby even before RR was founded. At least Serene learned an entirely new skillset, i just learned how to paint more effectively. LOL
Teh love gets more intense than ever!