The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What the hell are you working on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
working on the RG RX78-2. i feel sorry for it coz my hand has been slipping often when removing the leftover nubs T-T will post pix when i finish it. prolly by saturday.
Can you post pics of the internal frame later? I've always wondered how Bandai was able to miniaturize aspects of the MG series when they made the RG line.
(04-21-2011, 07:03 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post pics of the internal frame later? I've always wondered how Bandai was able to miniaturize aspects of the MG series when they made the RG line.

the armor is already on each part. the manual didnt form the internal frame separately. i have no confidence in stripping the armor off, so sadly i cannot comply with the request Sad
Oh well, you win some, you lose some. No biggie. Big grin

So how're you finding that miniaturized MG then? Is it that big of a difference from the previous 1/144s you've built so far?
(06-21-2010, 07:56 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Since it's been a while since i last worked on an AC kit, i figured it's about time to get started on a frame that i've wanted to do since the the first quarter of the year.

Base frame with the planned weapons load-out. Planning to do this one in a silver color scheme with black trim, kinda like the B303 Devilfish from Eureka Seven.
[Image: AC-Cust09-01.jpg]

Customized head with modded side antenna from Serene.
[Image: AC-Cust09-03head.jpg]

New part acquired! This is the first AC to sport Mirage's newest boosters, the B07-OSPREY. Tongue
[Image: AC-Cust09-02boosters.jpg]

Current progress so far. The unit is primed and ready for painting, as soon as i buy a new can of silver lacquer.
[Image: AC-Cust09-04primed.jpg]

I created your ac in Last Raven and...It fucking rocks! good output and good firepower, destroyed evagel with 7012 ap left! Keep up the good work! If anyone needs me to test anygood modeling ideas send me the specs!! Idea
(05-24-2010, 08:26 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]Care to explain what's that cannon thingie in the core? Kinda reminded me of the description of Vixen's core in the ACpedia where it is said to have a plasma cannon.

Some of the minor mods I did the past month(can't remember exactly).
-Tilted the handle of the KRSW so it doesn't poit downward.
-Readjusted pistol grips so that the butt stock actually hits the shoulders.
-Reassigned weapons.

[Image: KRSWhand.jpg]
[Image: RIFhand.jpg]
[Image: Wepreassign.jpg]

I'm also brainstorming on the weapons that'll need box/drum magazines.

Here are some ideas...
WR01R-SHADOW (DRUM)
CR-WH79M2 (DUAL DRUM)
YWH13M-NIX (BOX)
WH10M-SILKY(DRUM)
HITEN (BOX)
WL13L-GORBON (BOX)

just some ideas to put into thought
(04-26-2011, 03:12 AM)Int3ll3r1337 Wrote: [ -> ]I created your ac in Last Raven and...It fucking rocks! good output and good firepower, destroyed evagel with 7012 ap left! Keep up the good work! If anyone needs me to test anygood modeling ideas send me the specs!! Idea

Good to hear that. If you want, you can check the AC model kits thread for some of my other customs. Most of them were based on ACs i've used in-game. Happy
(04-24-2011, 07:41 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, you win some, you lose some. No biggie. Big grin

So how're you finding that miniaturized MG then? Is it that big of a difference from the previous 1/144s you've built so far?

its quite a bit harder to build than an HG due to the number of pieces per body part. each piece is also smaller so that introduces more difficulty. the details are amazing tho. the unit also feels heavier and more solid than an HG.
Next ACs to be worked on.

[Image: ACnextproj.jpg]

Planning to do the sniper on the left in urban colors, possibly gray and granite or dull black. The skirmisher on the right will be done in something bright, either yellow or orange, with some black and red details. I'm also thinking of adding the TP boosters from the Fascinator kit to the AC on the right so that it fits in with the DINGO2 legs. Tongue

Already started dissasembling them last night, might get around to painting them soon.
damn good idea but my only concern is how would they move? They are WAAAAAAYY over weight but i still like the general idea for both. If the sniper rifle wasnt so heavy it would be awesome.
Wtf
Haha, don't worry about those being over weight or whatever. they are for display and stuff anyway. LOL
I actually built those units in-game first but without the back cannons. Since the model kits looked rather spare with one extra slot unused, i just added the GL and the LGL to them. Happy
Domo ok now it make sense, thanks for clarifying that. just an idea... for the two eo paint skulls on them like the guy from halo reach on helmet, and to modify the wasp head with like a little horn or antenna like the mayfly....
Was lucky enough to find HG 1/144 Force Impulse at Ali Mall today. Big grin Finished it just earlier, too Big grin (I haven't tried the whole painting thing yet, though, even after 7++ years of collecting Gundam model kits). Now if only I'd stumble across Freedom/Strike Freedom... ><

*will post pix when I can*

The bad news is, it tore a hole in my wallet. Php980 = all I have left now are coins. =/
(05-04-2011, 11:49 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tried the whole painting thing yet, though, even after 7++ years of collecting Gundam model kits.

Cool, seven years eh? That's enough time to build up a sizeable collection. So what does your collection consist of? You mentioned before that you had a Zero and a Zaku. I'd really love to see pics of your stuff soon.

What do you usually get, HGs or MGs? Any particular scale that you focus on?
1/144 HGs, mostly. Smile

As of yesterday, I've got...

Zero Custom, Gaia, Force Impulse (yes, beside each other ^^), Gunner ZAKU Luna Custom, Wing Ver. Ka, and Nataku on display on my bookshelf.

*the rest of the ones before that were mostly SDs, which met their end at the hands of my hyperactive little nephew @_@ Not to mention each and every single one of my Gundam X and W ones*