The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What the hell are you working on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-22-2012, 08:20 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways. I've been working on [and off Big grin] it for 4 years now. I'm excited.

More like three years. I was with you when you bought half of that AC in early 2009. The other half you bought a week before the first one.
I finally got the courage to start cleaning my AB.. Soaked it on water and soap and I'll clean it up tomorrow.
(08-23-2012, 01:24 AM)Hell Heart Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got the courage to start cleaning my AB.. Soaked it on water and soap and I'll clean it up tomorrow.

Finally bought one eh. How much did it cost you?
I had one since July and I got no finished kits after that.. lol

I think I got it for 3.8k. Its a Tamiya Spray works.. So far so good..

I surprised to know that Laundry soap does strip paint provided it isnt primed.. I guess that proves it works on clothes.. lol
Got my compressor now too. It costs around the same as the Tamiya ones but it looks like a carbon copy of a more expensive compressor.

I thought was all set to do some airbrushing tests, tangina nakalimutan ko ang HOSE.
Awww, you two have airbrushes already. Naiinggit tuloy ako. Bye
Youre not missing much.. Katamad mag linis big time.. Ruins the rhythm..
I just finished putting all the stickers on my replacement 1/100 Seravee Gundam Designers Color Ver.
Now I just need some black paint to paint the vents and then I'll be more satisfied with this than my broken one.
Done testing the airbrush now LOL It definitely beats spray cans, but the clean up is like what was described. Just realized one disadvantage of a gravity feed airbrush(compared to suction). You can't swap paint jars.

[Image: thesagaofanewera.jpg]
(08-25-2012, 07:19 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: thesagaofanewera.jpg]

HELL YEAH! Clapping
That's my first legit boobie art since I was 14.
Finally switched the hinge joint on the Blu Duel with a ball joint. The torso's more stable and tougher now.
I also just learned how to reuse damaged ball joint polycaps.

I missed a few spots that are still primed on the Overcross.
Managed to finish most of the colors and panel lines on the AC i stripped down a few weeks ago. At first, it was just supposed to be a head swap with the Deucalion AC i built back in 2008 but i decided to do a full body repaint since there were some areas of the Sefirah's paintjob i wasn't too happy with.

Currently pondering how best to tackle the weathering for this.

[Image: DSC00794.jpg]
(09-03-2012, 12:52 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Currently pondering how best to tackle the weathering for this.

Maybe just give it a light weathering around the edges and in between the panel lines to break the high contrast generated by the black & white.
(09-03-2012, 09:04 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2012, 12:52 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Currently pondering how best to tackle the weathering for this.

Maybe just give it a light weathering around the edges and in between the panel lines to break the high contrast generated by the black & white.

Any suggestions on what color to use? Drybrushed silver paint doesn't really show up that well on white. I might go the pencil route again but it's just so tedious.

Also, i've never weathered gold before. Tongue