The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What the hell are you working on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1000cc na makina or 1000 grit na sandpaper? Blink
Some pics of my current project - an all-Mirage AC that has no name at the moment but has been in the planning stages for most of the past six months. Planned colors are yellow with some black trim and the usual steel-gray internals, with blue details.

Most of the body parts basecoated with flat black to give the later yellow coats a darker tone.
[Image: corepartsblack.jpg]

The details parts with an initial basecoat of silver, which is to give the following blue coat a bit of a metallic tinge.
[Image: detailssilver.jpg]

Close-up of the GAEA core.
[Image: gaeablack.jpg]

Close-up of the WASP head.
[Image: waspblack.jpg]

Internals and booster parts in steel-gray enamel.
[Image: internalsgray2.jpg]

[Image: internalsgray.jpg]

Test-fit of the DINGO2 feet.
[Image: dingo2feettest.jpg]

Weather's been a real bitch lately. Here i am, suddenly with all the time in the world but a really non-cooperative environment. Facepalm
Unlike Fox who still manages to work on some custom builds, I've slowly fallen into the used action figure category Vomit

Lunas sa bumaluktot na R3
[Image: R200.jpg]

[Image: th_R201.jpg] [Image: th_R202.jpg] [Image: th_R203.jpg] [Image: th_R205.jpg]

[Image: R204.jpg]
At least AC pa rin.

Oh and welcome back JE.
Nothing wrong with action figures Magog- just ordered two the other day off of ebay.

Just finished my first Koto kit the other day- the Gaea core (nexus cover AC), just a straight build for now. will need to do some fine cleaning and paint blending.

Probably gonna show off that kit and a custom in the works when I get some off time from university
Glad to have you on board. There's very few of us english-speaking modelers out there that create custom AC builds.
Good to hear that you're also building AC kits, McCale. Would it be possible to see some pics of your stuff sometime? Big grin
(07-11-2011, 07:49 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear that you're also building AC kits, McCale. Would it be possible to see some pics of your stuff sometime? Big grin

Yes sir, I will be sure to do so. I'm unfortunately rather swamped with course work at present- but during breaks I tend to get a lot of work done.

(07-11-2011, 10:29 PM)McCale Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2011, 07:49 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear that you're also building AC kits, McCale. Would it be possible to see some pics of your stuff sometime? Big grin

Yes sir, I will be sure to do so. I'm unfortunately rather swamped with course work at present- but during breaks I tend to get a lot of work done.

Breaks are awesome. I'm on a two year straight break right now though and hoping to break the break. Yeah.

Anyways, since you said you just finished your first, there's something up next, yes?

Anyways. Fox, happy to say I'm out of my slump. I'm now working on your GAR and HYDRA2 with those leg parts last because they're too damn easy. Also, I think I've become used to scratch building too much as I feel like I'm working too fast because the GAR is at 70% completion only on it's second day. If it was the me back then working on these 70% would take 10 days. Those and my cleaning and polishing seems better. I hope I don't mess these up.

Oh yeah, If possible, we should have Trace make a mold for these. We need these for Blue Star.
Quote:Anyways, since you said you just finished your first, there's something up next, yes?

yep. gonna do some resin casting on some parts laying around. then im going to attempt to make the figures for my roleplayers' "marauders" from the game I'm currently running as they give me materials for them.

Then in the ac related department- was kicking around the idea of scratchbuilding Leos Klein's hovering ac/mt boss mech from the end of AC2 using a Zeong model kit from gundam as the base.

That's some fine work with those figures btw Serene.
Thanks for the compliment. Fox and I had a talk once about an AC TTG using actual kits. The problem was where to put it since his place is pretty far and mine's pretty cramped.
(07-13-2011, 04:53 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the compliment. Fox and I had a talk once about an AC TTG using actual kits. The problem was where to put it since his place is pretty far and mine's pretty cramped.

yeah mine currently runs off a poker table in my living room; pretty cramped as well.
(07-12-2011, 11:16 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2011, 10:29 PM)McCale Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyways. Fox, happy to say I'm out of my slump. I'm now working on your GAR and HYDRA2 with those leg parts last because they're too damn easy. Also, I think I've become used to scratch building too much as I feel like I'm working too fast because the GAR is at 70% completion only on it's second day. If it was the me back then working on these 70% would take 10 days. Those and my cleaning and polishing seems better. I hope I don't mess these up.

Oh yeah, If possible, we should have Trace make a mold for these. We need these for Blue Star.

No need to rush on those, man, since i ain't due back in the city until the end of the month. Happy

I also found out that one of my friends back in high school has become a chemist. I'll try talking to him about getting some materials to make moulds for duping parts.
(07-14-2011, 12:08 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]No need to rush on those, man, since i ain't due back in the city until the end of the month. Happy

I also found out that one of my friends back in high school has become a chemist. I'll try talking to him about getting some materials to make moulds for duping parts.

Rushing? Me? Not right now. Because I'm on a roll. Clapping
Gar at 90%. By tomorrow, I'd be starting on the Hydra. Yeh.

Don't try please. Do it. We need those.
Haidora chu. Sophie

Hirap. I was planning on making it with moving parts. But since I'm not feeling into making something involving that, not for now. Maybe next time when I figure it out a bit more.