The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What the hell are you working on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It ended up to be a pretty good kit IMO one of the better old school AC kits they made. But no matter how good it is, I'm still bugged by the size.

[Image: nbac1_05.jpg]
If the regular AC:VI kits are supposed to be 1/72 in scale, that's definitely 1/60 or larger. Too bad i still haven't seen that particular model kit anywhere in the Metro. Sad
I checked wasabi toys' website, someone got it before you...
I've put up a few more pics here, not really good ones. Just a peek at some features.
That was a pretty nice review. It's about time your blog got some meat like that again. I miss a lot of the old content from the first iteration of it.
A lot of the meat from the old one was left to rot unfortunately. Not being able to finish any of my so called mods is pretty embarassing LOL
Just awesome!
Bago na naman blog mo. LOL
Trying out something different. These kits look horrible unpainted.
It'll be just a straight up build, no ambitious mods. Still not 100% on the color selection but what I'm trying to do is something similar to the low visibility version or real fighter aircraft colors(trying to avoid pure white).

[Image: vf1slvv_00.jpg]

(07-31-2012, 09:52 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Bago na naman blog mo. LOL
madedelete lang muli.
Is that one of the old Hasegawa kits?
It was dated 2003 so I think it's old. A bit too many parts for a non-transforming kit and the softer white plastic is starting to bother me.
Working on my AC since last week. I need more sleep. Ohohoh.
Cutting, scraping, dusting when I wake up and before sleeping.

I miss this shit.

Anyways. I've been working on [and off Big grin] it for 4 years now. I'm excited.
I wonder what other "Hardcore" modelers will say if they find out I only use boxcutters, screwdrivers and superglue. Big grin
(08-22-2012, 08:20 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Working on my AC since last week. I need more sleep. Ohohoh.
Cutting, scraping, dusting when I wake up and before sleeping.

I miss this shit.

Anyways. I've been working on [and off Big grin] it for 4 years now. I'm excited.
I wonder what other "Hardcore" modelers will say if they find out I only use boxcutters, screwdrivers and superglue. Big grin

Basta, ihanda mo lang yang AC na yan sa Sabado.
(08-22-2012, 08:20 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what other "Hardcore" modelers will say if they find out I only use boxcutters, screwdrivers and superglue. Big grin

Please don't tell me that you also work blindfolded LOL
Not exactly blindfolded but he does work in low-light conditions sometime. LOL

In other news,

Before:
[Image: sefirah05.jpg]

After:
[Image: sefirahpartssoaking.jpg]

Decided to repaint the Sefirah AC i built last 2009. I didn't use any primer when i painted that AC and when i took it out of storage a few days ago, i found the paint chipping off in some areas, along with the white paint fading a little. Instead of just touching up the model kit, i went for a near-total overhaul.

[Image: sefirahmetallics.jpg]

The metallic-painted joints and inside parts, i decided to leave alone, however. They're still fine. I'll just give them a drybrush of gunmetal gray once i finished assembling the AC again.

Also, aside from the AC, i've also chosen to redo my Space Marine army. Instead of a homebrew Chapter, i've gone for one of the established ones instead. So i soaked half of my army in brake fluid a few weeks ago. Started reassembling these guys since the lube soak weakened the superglue used in putting these guys together. I also took the opportunity to chop up some of the arms in order to vary the poses a little.

[Image: astartescleaned.jpg]

I also painted up a test model to test out the new colors i'll be doing the army in.

[Image: DAtestmodel01.jpg]

[Image: DAtestmodel02.jpg]
(08-22-2012, 07:03 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Not exactly blindfolded but he does work in low-light conditions always. LOL

Yan, tumpak na.

Langya, blindfold? Ano ako? Taga-perya?