The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Dark Souls (aka Project Dark)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(10-24-2011, 02:53 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Started playing again. I absolutely love Havel's ring and coupled with the Stone Knight's armor set (Dunno i the sword and shield are sure drops, but I have them), boosts my confidence about exploring new areas.

Really pissed at the Forest Covenant and the cat though, I might go on regular hunting trips and kill a many forest creatures and NPCs out of spite.

Drake Sword's taking me a long way, dunno what weapon I should switch to though. Got 16 str and 14 dex for starting out as a wanderer.

Depends.

When my STR and DEx were still even, I was using a claymore and halberd combo (both at +5) for the earlier maps up until Sen's Fortress.

Then I started specializing in STR for the big-ass axes and hammers, and am currently using the Man Serpent's Greatsword (STR modifier B).

currently at anor londo ...@@ Im lost

so far my +5 ascended pyro glove + combustion is letting me get through a lot of stuff

anyway anor londo is a wee bit to hard for me at the moment gonna farm souls till I reach 50 str then Im gonna use the crystal shield + dragon great axe combo XD
I'd increase VIT and/or END if I were you. Boss fight will be against two opponents that will rape you if you aren't prepared.
Interesting first few PVP matches I've had, sorta. Was walking through Darkroot Forest when suddenly the door was blocked by fog *door leading back to bonfire, where I usually farm*, and these guys suddenly invade me. Now I wasn't really ready, I was wearing a mix and match of the Moonlight Robe, Havel Gauntlets, Paladin Leggings, and Gold-Hemmed Hood, but so far I've been winning with my Lifehunt/Zweihander tactics (Zwei's for Ring of Fog people, and Lifehunt's for normal ones). I'm pretty sure I'm only at the tip of the iceberg in relation to opponents, but I like my streak so far. One guy invaded me twice, took him down with two-three hits with my Zwei XD

I gave up trying to tactically defeat Ceaseless Discharge. I ran in with the Flame Stoneplate Ring, highest Flame Def I could manage with light armor, let it hit me with its fire attack, then whacked it. Estus, rinse and repeat. I seriously couldn't get him to do that damn physical slam ._.

I finished Anor Londo with about 20 Vit the first time I think, but I pumped End to 30 I think. All I had to do was use my Demon Spear to poke Ornstein, then in-and-out tactics for Smough. Second playthrough, Smough went down quickly with my Demon Spear (Was still SL97, didn't bother to level up yet), and used Pyromancy for Ornstein.
Regarding defeating Ceaseless Discharge, I pretty much do what goat does, I just stay in area 1(check his map) to lure him with either arrows or just running in circles because I think he can hear your footsteps, then once I got his attention he'll start doing that moaning sound then that's the time I run and hide between area 1 and 2. Once he made the slam I run back immediately to area 1 and start chopping at his tentacle.

I'm thinking about the possibility of defeating smough and ornstein at the same time. Maybe thrown out a fire orb for the final shot if I ever get their HP down at the same level Nosebleed

Also died a while ago fighting the four kings with a co-op partner. It's fucking embarrassing.
I wonder what would happen if you do kill the both of them before one transforms...

*Game Crashes*

SHIZ!!!!!!

I should've started PVPing long ago, this shiz is fun, good way to farm souls too, it's easy to go back to your bloodstain when you die. Won most of them, including a 2 on 1 fight, but I lost another 2 on 1 fight when the other guy popped in from somewhere behind me and backstabbed me XD. Running out of Humanities though, so better start farming soon >_<

Can't wait to go to Kiln of the First Flame~

Also, you have to be in Hollow form to be summoned, and human form to summon right? Can't wait to try that out some time.
(10-25-2011, 07:44 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you have to be in Hollow form to be summoned, and human form to summon right? Can't wait to try that out some time.

You can also get summoned while in human form.

Also just got my Darkwraith set. Sucked when I kept invading with it though. Poise is lower than usual. LOL

Currently at SL128; nobody's here!
20 vit 30 end got it XD
Finally done upgrading the tower shield to greatshield of Artorias but some of it's stats are disappointing(magic&lightning def)
Great Shield of Astorias has the highest stability of all the shields at 88. This means you take less stamina drain when getting hit compared to all other shields. In other words, it's the perfect shield for tanking or paired with a spear.

But yeah, the other defenses are ho-hum. Still great against all physical opponents though.
I thought it'll lean towards magic/ lightning defence(I've had some bad experiences with the giant shield). I wish I have enough stats to equip havel's shield LOL But yeah, it's great against physical attacks.
lightning longbow +5 sucked should have just continued with the lightning halberd I planned >< at least I now have a +4 dragonslayer bow weee its like firing gold bars at the enemy considering ow much it costs but its worth it wahahaha

+5 ascended pyro glove + combustion is really helping me out on tough stops
In terms of PvE, Hollow's Shield still seems to be my favorite shield. Weirdly, it's still much better than Balder's Shield in all areas. In PvP, I'll have to switch to either a Crest, Silver, or Black Knight shield though.

I over-leveled my first character from the popular SL range (currently at SL 129) so I've started with my third character (another thief; I gave up the second one) and went to Blighttown at level 16; I hope I can clear this. I've heard about others reaching Anor Londo around SL 15-20. LOL

Anyone want to play coop with low SL characters? LOL
So I accidentally equipped the Ring of Favor, and now I know what it means to be "tied-down" to a marriage. Anyway, I got 30 Vit and 40 Endurance, 16 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Int, 12 Fth. Resistance, I think I put one point just because I didn't know where to put it.

and at level 71, I don't know where to put the rest of my stats. What are good end-game weapons?
I equipped the Ring of Favor on purpose, and I'm really liking it. I can have 40 or more poise without the Wolf Ring, depending on my weapon setup, and I don't have to spend as much points on VIT anymore (Locked at 30 so far, dunno if I'll add more)

+ 5 Lightnings are usually good, or + 14 to + 15 normals if you're up to it, + 5 Demon Soul-infused weapons are also viable. If I remember correctly, my end game weapons for my first playthrough (Considering I was SL 97 before I finished it though, because I was trying different things out) were the Lightning Zwei + 5, Demon Spear + 5, + 5 Smough Hammer (I two handed this for my fight with Gwyn). In general I liked upgrading the bigger weapons because they can stagger enemies easily, but anything that's upgraded enough is pretty viable for and end-game setup methinks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18