The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Dark Souls (aka Project Dark)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(11-23-2011, 05:26 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]eto na ang patch hahaha(tbh i don't remember this game getting patched until now)

edit: Binago yung lock on. When facing multiple targets, moving the right analog stick will switch your targets Sad

That's not all the improved. Fog Ring users can now be locked on to Jason
(11-24-2011, 05:22 AM)Twin-Skies Wrote: [ -> ]Fog Ring users can now be locked on to Jason

That, and the availability of the twinkling titanites are the best features of the patch.

And I can't one-shot the hellkite anymore LOL
I've made 3 new characters. All at their starting levels (except for the cleric) and at least 100K souls in reserve.

I have a Cleric I plan build up into a faith build. I still don't know what weapons to give him. Was originally gonna make a Grant build, but I hear Lightning weapons still rock compared to the stats required for the Grant. Might hybrid strength and faith build on this. What are your suggestions?

A Sorcerer that I plan to make a spell sword. I'm choosy about the spells, and I don't know what would be good for this character.

And a Pyromancer that I plan to make a strength build with 50 str. I am planning to use the Havel's shield and maybe one of the dragon weapons (Dragon Great Sword or Dragon King Great Axe). I'm not sure if I should be pushing through with this build though.

Now I mostly plan to do PvE, but with enough PvP strength to repel or eliminate the occasional invader. Got any suggestions for weapons?
(11-25-2011, 09:53 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]I've made 3 new characters. All at their starting levels (except for the cleric) and at least 100K souls in reserve.

A Sorcerer that I plan to make a spell sword. I'm choosy about the spells, and I don't know what would be good for this character.

Now I mostly plan to do PvE, but with enough PvP strength to repel or eliminate the occasional invader. Got any suggestions for weapons?

Spellsword: Work your way up to getting enchanted weapons - the Enchanted +5 Estoc or Uchitgatana is a beast for PvE, while a +15 Ricard's Rapier with CMW is equally dangerous for PVP'ing.

You can also opt to use the Moonlight Greatsword from Seath's tail - I don't have it yet, but it's an absolute bitch to face in PvP because of its scaling with mage builds.

As for spells, I suggest loading up on Soul Spear when you first get the chance (Int 36), and homing soul mass. The lesser soul arrow spells are pretty weaksauce when you get them.

You'll also want to unlock the Duke's Archives as soon as possible to get access to the Crystal Magic spells.

Crystal Soul Spear and Homing Crystal Soul Mass are absolutely devastating with an Izalith Catalyst, 50 int, and the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring (bought for 20k souls at Logan's assistant at the Firelink Shrine - I managed to destroy Nitto with four shots.

By Int 50, you'll also have the necessary req to get White Dragon Breath from Logan's Hollowed form after you kill Seath. It's a linear AoE spell, and doesn't hit as hard as Soul Spear.

I just might stick with 36 Int. At least I can get 2 Soul Spears and a bunch of other spells.

I decided to work on my faith build, and I'm absolutely lovin' the Lightning Spear for PvE. Crazy damage on anything except drakes, now I can't wait to exchange my sunlight medals for the Great Lightning Spear. I have my doubts on its usage for PvP though, but I think most faith builds play that game with Tranquil Walk of Peace + Wrath of Gods.

Pure strength, I'm suddenly not sure if I should up the strength to 50. I'm thinkin' of maxing it to 34 and just one hand the weapons when I need to block, but that's pretty risky.
Oh gods. I didn't see this until now. Fuck you Japan. >___<
just learned about this today while searching for references LOL

[Image: th_JESUSPUCK.jpg]

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/02/...armor.html
Hoh, so it was actually real haha, I thought it was a joke armor to begin with. Too bad the version in DkS can't be upgraded, it also looks good with the brass and other semi-gold looking armor. :p

I've been playing a lot again, and focusing on various PvP builds. I just found out that the Balder Side Sword is a really good light sword for dex builds who don't want to use any of the Katanas. Gonna make a fairly efficient heavily armored enchanter now. A Vit/Int/Dex build at around level 120, which is actually pretty high and hard to achieve this time around.

Also just found out that 40 is the magic number for STR, DEX, INT, and Faith scaling for weapons, after which the bonuses for every point put into these stats dramatically decreases. Diminishing returns start at around 30 though IIRC.
(02-28-2012, 09:21 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Hoh, so it was actually real haha, I thought it was a joke armor to begin with. Too bad the version in DkS can't be upgraded, it also looks good with the brass and other semi-gold looking armor. :p

I've been playing a lot again, and focusing on various PvP builds. I just found out that the Balder Side Sword is a really good light sword for dex builds who don't want to use any of the Katanas. Gonna make a fairly efficient heavily armored enchanter now. A Vit/Int/Dex build at around level 120, which is actually pretty high and hard to achieve this time around.

Also just found out that 40 is the magic number for STR, DEX, INT, and Faith scaling for weapons, after which the bonuses for every point put into these stats dramatically decreases. Diminishing returns start at around 30 though IIRC.

PD and TMR told me the other day that diminishing returns still applies about the same as DS. Magic scaling stat is still 50 as well.

I'll go try out some builds later.
I used the DkS builder for reference, and using a Moonlight Great Sword +5 as a point of reference. Assuming you have the STR and DEX requirements (16 and 10 respectively) for every point above the required 28 INT to wield the weapon, you get an extra 7 points of listed magic damage. So the listed starting damage at base requirements is at 385 magic damage. This is pretty consistent, with the occasional 8 points of damage somewhere around the mid INT level of 35 or so.

At INT 40 the total damage is 472. being pretty consistent with the 7 points of damage per INT level above 28. (472 - 385 = 87, then 87 / 12 INt levels = 7.25 points of damage).

At INT 41 the damage only goes up by 1 point, making the total damage 473. At 99 INT, you get the max of 520 damage for a weapon that already has a magic scale rating of S.

Same goes for STR, DEX and I believe faith as well offer the same amount of diminishing returns. Large Club for example has a S scaling for STR at +15. At base requirements of 26 STR, it gives a listed 498 attack rating. At 40 STR it gives 615 attack rating. This gives around 117 attack bonus for 14 points of STR, about 8.35 / per point of STR.

At 41 STR the Large Club lists 617 attack rating, a mere 2 points per point of STR.

VIT diminishing returns start at 30, with each point of VIT giving 33 HP when VIT is less than 30, while only giving 22-23 HP for every point above 30, and continues to diminish further after 40.

So like I said, 40 is the magic number for maximum weapon scaling efficiency. 26 or 27 if you want to use STR scaling weapons with 2 hands while maintaining an efficient stat distribution since 26 x 1.5 = 39 and 27 x 1.5 = 40 rounded down.
Oh that's some useful info. I had a Mage/Melee enchanter going on and wanted to know where to stop with the increasing. Unfortunately my main's well over 120 now since I'm just using it for random adventures with the Dragon Greatbow and a Rapier.
It's coming to the PC with some all new stuff.
PC YOU SAY?

DRAGONS, WENDIGO-GRYPHON HYBRIDS, WEIRD HAND WITH A MOUTH-THING, AND NEW AREAS TO EXPLORE, YOU SAY?

... If the console ports don't get that I swear by all that is holy...

... That I might actually buy an original copy for the PC ._.

BUT DEAR GOD FROM, WHY YOU DO DIS AFTER ALL THIS TIME.
It wasn't all FROM's idea, there was some petition that led to this PC release.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18