The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Dark Souls (aka Project Dark)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Darkroot Garden has a soul farming area. 7K in about 3 minutes. Unlock the gate with the Crest of Astorias and you'll be facing 6 enemies initially. 4 of them respawn and are easily dispatched with a few backstabs. The bonfire is nearby too so you quickly spawn some more. This is good till around maybe lvl 40.

(11-03-2011, 07:25 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2011, 06:43 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and you don't get the Black Knight armor til the last dungeon of the game.

I know, in the Kiln right? I looked it up after posting, haha. Buzzkill.

Right now I'm still going for the Grim Reaper look (chasing the Gold-Hemmed robes and Lifehunt). Currently depending on the Drake Sword, but that's becoming boring pretty quick. LOL

I spent like 2 hours doing the 300-soul farm trick from the Hellkite. Does anyone know of a faster farming position in any of these areas? They're the ones I've yet to really explore:
The Catacombs
Darkroot Garden
Valley of Drakes
Blighttown

What Rick said. You'll need 20k for the key to unlock the gate though.

I'd ring the second bell already if I were you, just so you can get the Gold-Hemmed right away. LOL

What SL are you now btw? I'm currently playing on a SL52 character (and I won't level it up beyond its current SL for the sake of always playing coop in Anor Londo; most common SL range of players there = 50) so if you end up being near that range, we can coop.
you know the people at darkroot all of them respawn on my game LOL maybe I shouldn't have this patched LOL

upgraded my Priscilla's dagger to plus 4 but I still can't make anyone bleed TT either they die outright or it just won't do enough damage at all what am I doing wrong? currently my character has 30 dex

lastly looking at the weapons on the wikidot site dex weapons seems a lot more cooler. and with my character at sl 80+ levelling is a lot slower now.
Started another character, a cleric; I'll try to play a FAITH-based character. Not sure if it's worth it though, but whatever.
(11-03-2011, 09:38 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2011, 07:25 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2011, 06:43 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and you don't get the Black Knight armor til the last dungeon of the game.

I know, in the Kiln right? I looked it up after posting, haha. Buzzkill.

Right now I'm still going for the Grim Reaper look (chasing the Gold-Hemmed robes and Lifehunt). Currently depending on the Drake Sword, but that's becoming boring pretty quick. LOL

I spent like 2 hours doing the 300-soul farm trick from the Hellkite. Does anyone know of a faster farming position in any of these areas? They're the ones I've yet to really explore:
The Catacombs
Darkroot Garden
Valley of Drakes
Blighttown

What Rick said. You'll need 20k for the key to unlock the gate though.

I'd ring the second bell already if I were you, just so you can get the Gold-Hemmed right away. LOL

What SL are you now btw? I'm currently playing on a SL52 character (and I won't level it up beyond its current SL for the sake of always playing coop in Anor Londo; most common SL range of players there = 50) so if you end up being near that range, we can coop.

Crud. Looks like I'm re-rolling a new character. My current character's stats are too fucked up, and I am seriously not happy with STr-based weapons and clubs.
In the future I for one am planning to make a dex and int type character.
If you're gonna re-roll a character I suggest waiting for patch 1.04 to come out first in the next few days. The new patch changes a lot of things, most notably nerfing lighting and fire upgrades and boosting stat-scaling upgrades. Lots of other extras too that you might consider the next patch to be a game changer.

Here's the list of changes:

Quote:Translated by Brett (twitch.tv/thebrett)
Taken from in-game testing / jp wiki notes (http://w.livedoor.jp/project_dark)

Magic Changes:
Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.
You can see resonance signs now.
Vow of Silence range increased.
Sorcery spell damage as a whole was slightly buffed, but Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells were nerfed.
Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds.
Strong Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds. Invincibility removed. Effect on Stamina drastically reduced.
Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%. Rolling possible if your equip burden is lowered. Slowness is similar to swamp effect.
Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.
Invisible Body duration remains unchanged.

Status Changes:
Base Equipment Burden increased (~6-10 points)
Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210
Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)
Defensive bonuses gained via Humanity reduced. Other defensive bonuses remain unchanged.
Item discovery gained via Humanity improved. Capped at 20.

Equipment General Changes:
Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)
Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades

Upgrade Changes:
Normal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +14).
Crystal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +4).
Lightning +4 nerfed by 2% (+5 remains unchanged).
Raw scaling buffed by 10% (all levels).
Magic stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
Enchanted stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
Divine stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
Occult stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
Fire +9 nerfed by 2%. (+5 remains unchanged)
Dragon stat scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +5).

Specific Gear Changes:
Grant scaling changed to Strength:B and Faith:A
Gold-hemmed nerfed, still can't be upgraded.
Dust skirt nerfed hard (streamlined to match the other pieces).
Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier's Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.
Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50
Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.
Silver Knight's Sword lightning effect removed. Now enchantable.

Combat Changes:
Lock-on acquisition range increased.
Lock-on changing/switching got easier (more responsive).

Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.

PVE Changes:
Overall increase in souls gained (~2-2.5 times more)
Damage reduced on some mobs?
HP lowered on some mobs?
Reduced acquisition range on normal enemies.
Supposedly reduced poise on some enemies.
Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.
Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.
Pyromancers in Catacombs drop Skull Lanterns.
Darkwraiths in New Londo drop Dark Hand.

Online Changes:
You can see resonance signs.
Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.
Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.
Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed
You can hit Select to rate messages.

Covenant Changes:
Covenant Material drop rate improved.
Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)

Other Changes:
Official Guide nerfed.
Forest Hunter NPC farming remains unchanged.
Dark Anor Londo NPC farming remains unchanged.

Merchant stock updates:
Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box
Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
Domnhal of Xena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key (5000)
Giant Blacksmith (Fapsmith): Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Tit Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes
Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Tit, Large tit, Repair box / upgrade boxes
Inglwood: Sells Transient Curses

Fixes:
Fixed some freeze issues
Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now
Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.
Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.
Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress.
Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.
Fixed some specific map areas where you'd get stuck or be unable to progress.
Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port.

Taken from: http://trendygamers.com/2011/11/02/dark-...formation/

Pyro gets nerfed big time. I'm really liking the lightning nerf by 5% and the stat scale boost by 10%. Lots of equipment balance too. Oh and Twinkling Titanite is now sold in stores. That damned piece of upgrade material is so rare for the number of items that can be upgraded by it.

EDIT: Better translation of the patch changes.
In that case, I wouldn't need to rebuild two of my characters anymore; two of them depend on stat-scaling due to the BK sword from the first BK.

Anyway, currently in Sen's Fortress Anor Londo at SL28. This time I'll try to finish Anor Londo without going beyond 30 if possible within my current skill (I still want to coop at the earlier dungeons). :/
Quote:Oh and Twinkling Titanite is now sold in stores.

[Image: TwilightYesYesYesYes.gif]
I think even with it drastically nerfing a lot of stuff Im used to I'd say I like this patch XD

unfortunately I am physically unable to get it XX
Recently beaten Orn-orn and Smoughie at SL 28. Now off I go, BK armor!

(the rest is cakewalk after Ornstein and Smough)
> Twinkling Titanites sold in stores
> Dark Hand is now a drop
> Ring of Fog users can be targeted
> Warrior of Sunlight Covenant reduced requirements
> Soul increase
> Bunch of other shiz
> HELLO RESTLESS NIGHTS DID YOU MISS ME?
I never had any luck farming twinkling titanites. My only chance to get them right now is to trade with the crow.

I'll probably stop leveling up once I reach 120(currently at 110) and just spend souls on upgrades. I'll probably fail to reach intelligence level of 36 to equip the soul spear.
Currently in Blighttown at the second bonfire with another character; SL1. XDDD
made new char fire bombed to death the first black knight got a bk sword fought the taurus demon 1 shot plunging attack LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18