The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Dark Souls (aka Project Dark)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(10-20-2011, 08:31 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]Ah geez, sorry >_<

I'll put a spoiler thing in any future spoiler-related items ._.

Side-note though, finally got through that forsaken darkly lit Tomb. Praise. The. Sun.

Oh, I envy you. I'm still stuck trying to get inside the fucking Tomb of The Giants. Some huge ass skeleton suddenly kicked me in the dark and fell off to my death. LOL

On a side note, I didn't notice that I already have a Dark Wood Grain Ring until now. Now I can pretty much cartwheel with most of the armors; no more under 25% equipment burden, however you'll still have to be under 50% equip burden to use the cartwheel rolling (I can now do it with a Havel set, but I would have to replace the helm with a Mask of The Father though).

Wonder if I should just finish Lost Izalith first, because I'll have to finish it without using the shortcut via Darkwraith covenant rank 2.

I MUST REACH TEH SKELEBABIES SO I CAN FARM TEH HUMANITIES.

And Patches. LOL
(10-21-2011, 09:27 AM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]
And Patches. LOL

Omg he's third merchant I killed. I thought he was a mere bandit.
Usually when they don't attack you on site they're either an NPC or a merchant o3o

On New Game + now. Anything, and I mean anything, can two shot me. SL97. Sheezus.

Interestingly though, in the span of merely 3 hours I've finished all the way up to Anor Londo, considering I used the Valley of Drakes shortcut to get to Blighttown and ring the second bell, so I essentially skipped the Depths, the Sewers, and Blighttown. Speed runs are fun~

Oh and finally got Ornstein's Spear. Tis awesome looking XD
Moved to Dragon covenant so I can summon dragon players in PvP as well. Farmed somewhere around 15-20 scales. Don't want to use it yet btw because I might lose it if I get it now and then go NG+. PvP is really good for farming souls - if somebody kills you; they get amount of souls you have as your reward, but don't lose it other than your human state because you can still regain your souls on the spot moments before you died. So if it's almost always like a 1-1 ratio between two of you guys, you'd get more souls so long as you don't spend all of it when dying. You would have to waste humanity if you want to be always in human form though.

I have to say that the BKs in the last area drop different kinds of chunks; good time to upgrade your stuff right now. Not to mention they seem to be a normal drop. Wish that the serpent could grind the chunks into large shards though. I haven't also done most of the sidequests of the NPCs in my current playthrough (I just rushed through for the BK armor, totally wasting my time when I saw the stats; looks good though lol).

Currently at SL97 too. Haven't gone to NG+ because I haven't done most of the other sidestory quests. I'd kill all the NPCs for more stock on humanity, then upgrade my other equipment. Only then will I be able to move through NG+.

There's one thing I don't get though. Why is everybody leaving summon stones at the last area? Coop? I'm confused.

Edit: Just tried PvP again. Died at the same time as my enemy. LOL
Ohhh, I like epic fights like that, dying at the same time.

Also yeah, the last area is a haven for chunks upon chunks. I thought Frampt could make them into smaller pieces though? So he can't for Chunks D:?

Read up on GameFaqs that you get a lot of PVP action in the 120 - 150s, so am grinding to there. When sem-break pops up I'm going to try my hand at actually PvPing at this game XD

I think I want to pump some faith, just for the sake of variety, since I've just been using Pyromancy till now, and I used to be a Magic Knight on DeS. Plus, DAT LIGHTNING BOLT o3o Then again, all those magic spells look delicious. So hard to decide ._.

For this play-through I think I'm going to gather all the spells, since I was too lazy during my first one, but I have to absolve a sin, because I forgot how long the Demon's Spear was and poked Laurentius when I freed him from the barrel. Srsly ._.

In relation to weapons, am loving the Black Knight Halberd I got before I went to NG+. Just to change pace from all my spear-ing, Zwei-ing, and semi-successful Hammer-ing.

Edit: Funny thing I forgot to mention, when I fought the Iron Golem, I charged it, got behind, when slash crazy for lolz, 4 or 5 swings (Forgot which, I just remember depleting my stamina bar) with my Zweihander, and he keeled over and fell off the ledge.

I was like O_O.... okaaaaay.

Awkward-est moment in Dark Souls ever XD
It's supposed to fall off balance for hitting both of its heels continuously (or with enough damage at the same time).

Last time I heard, the range was around 80-110. Seems like they're all back to SL120 regarding PvP again. One dude tried to duel with me earlier just before clearing NG. OHKO'd when my L2 button just sort of became more sensitive regarding pressure because of ACFA, so I parried the enemy out of coincidence. I proceeded to stab the bastard (thank you crit ring).

Might also end up being another magic knight like my first character in DS, but I think I might be too late. Also planning of joining Darkwraith on this playthrough just to get the armor. Oh, and next time, just roll on Laurentius's barrel (of course, no Thorn set). LOL

Also, enemy bosses seem to do a lot of damage in NG+. Paper-thin armor is back (thanks for wasting my time upgrading you)! LOL
Anyone have any info on the pygmy that was mentioned in the intro? I never encountered or even heard of it being mentioned in the game.
Guy ragequits the game in a fabulously musical way - http://justinmcelroy.wordpress.com/2011/...l-tribute/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-da...s/60612627 <---- thread on GameFaqs about Dark Souls' storyline. I think you're the descendant of the pygmy, from what I remember correctly, and the other Lords feared him because his power didn't come from the fire, or the 'light', it came from the darkness.

Also, that video. Guy had every right to quit so fabulously. This game isn't for the faint of heart, or the high of blood o3o

Although I have to say I liked Anor Londo a lot more than Tomb of Giants. If he reached that place he would be raging a whole lot more XD
I finished Tomb of Giants in just around a few minutes since finding the second bonfire in the place. I still find Anor Londo much more difficult imo.

Just killed Sif after ringing the first bell btw. The whole area is filled with invading Forest people. One time I was farming it took around 10 players to kill me (lowbies can also invade you!) without going back the bonefire; the entrance keeps fucking blocking my way back because of all the constant invasions. Good for soul farming though. I accumulated around 20-50k per kill. Some even gave around 100k.

Edit:

Endurance is almost at 40. After that, I might have to balance my intelligence and prolly move my str to 50 if possible within 20 more levels. Or better yet, just spread the points to attunement and intelligence, then forget about equipping Havel Shield and a powerful axe & GS. Might be just the same as DS where anything beyond 40 doesn't increase much of your stats.

Maybe I should just flat-out balance everything to 40. LOL
Started playing again. I absolutely love Havel's ring and coupled with the Stone Knight's armor set (Dunno i the sword and shield are sure drops, but I have them), boosts my confidence about exploring new areas.

Really pissed at the Forest Covenant and the cat though, I might go on regular hunting trips and kill a many forest creatures and NPCs out of spite.

Drake Sword's taking me a long way, dunno what weapon I should switch to though. Got 16 str and 14 dex for starting out as a wanderer.
Am upgrading Dragonslayer bow and pumping faith to 30 for variety fights, mainly because I want to use Great Lightning Spear o3o

Considering weapons for PvP, dunno my final output yet tho: Black Knight Halberd, Lightning Zwei, Demon's Spear, Lifehunt Scythe (takes a hell of a long time to build up bleed on yourself if you've got Bloodshield and Bloodbite Ring on), a good parry shield/Bloodshield, Talisman/Flame. Blargh.

If you want you could go with the Lightning Spear at Sen's Fortress, or maybe upgrade a Halberd/Lucrene or a Winged Spear. Or if you find a Black Knight's Sword and pump your Dex and Str you could use that. Lots of others, but I dunno what your playstyle is :<
BK sword requires around 20 str and 18 (or was it 14) dex iirc. If you want you could raise your dex and str to its minimum requirements, just so you can utilize it while you don't have any final weapon setup yet. Even at minimum, most enemies will die in 1-2 hits with it. Or if you're lucky, you might get a Black Knight Halberd.

Then you can prolly work on elemental weapons if you want to focus on PvE in the meantime. What I did was downgrade the Lightning Spear to Spear +10 when I got my Lightning Zwei maxed. Still haven't thought of which element/attribute I should raise the LS again though.
story so far on my end

farmed dark root basin in preparation for blighttown used the 20k to open the sealed door farmed the dudes there ( really hate the backstabbing (literary) thief) kept farming the area till I got 32 str for the black knight great sword I got which even though is really not that great it is really really fun to use and make the enemy bounce up and down.

went to the asylum ... I hate torch hollows more than the stray demon ... snuggly's voice is cute if not desperate.

petrus was back from his trip with rhea and the others ... remembered he will kill rhea later so I killed him ... but Im not sure if had to do it already but ... oh well.

went to the depths afterwards thankfully I was previously warned of the holes and the basilisks so even if I eventually fell on a hole I was ready. the bk GS sucks here so I switched back to my halberd +5 killed the giant rat without having a problem as I found that the hole behind the butchers table was a shortcut to a nice safe to pummel the rat with arrows. Gaping dragon summoned soltaire ... he died TT at least he died with honor XP ... oh yeah i got turned into a pancake just before I was able to kill him thanks to his homing power bomb attack was using my halberd dat time switched to bk gs +pine resin didn't let him do the homing powerbomb.

explored blighttown lost 10 humanities due to various stupidities. half because of those damned mosquitoes interrupting me so the other enemies got to kill me before I was able to get my bloodsplat back, 2 from the normaly enemies and 3 from quelllag ( when I died I reverted to human form so the naked sack head lady can tank her ... didnt work all the time but oh well XD )

after I finally killed her explored the lava area .... entered the boss area by accident .... I have no idea how to kill this guy ... retrieved soul ran away...

used souls collected to up my pyro flame to +13 then went off to sen's fort died a few times but was finally able to get the rare drop + ring (snake something XD) then I ran out to...

went back to farming the forest guys ... currently using a ascended + 1 pyro flame, 2x combustion, fire orb, and great combustion ... found out thief guy has a bug if you lure him to a small ridge (right where the mage stands) he will just stands there and most of the time will let you hit him once and sometimes even twice before he decides to move.

I killed that huge thing (Ceaseless Discharge perhaps?) just by luring it to the other side of the boss's entrance to reach out its arm and attack me physically, leaving its arm defenseless. Rinse and repeat.

[Image: Ceaselessfuckcharge.jpg]

Once the fight starts, chances are it'll unleash some sort of fire storm and you'll get hit. Anyhow, just head to 2 and wait for it to get to point B.

Once it starts roaring/growling or if it does something suspicious, just head back to point 1. It should have tried to attack you with its arm by now.

Quickly head back to the midpoint (halfway of) point 1 and 2 and attack its arm. Rinse and repeat. Forget about going back to point 1 for the rest of the fight; somewhere in between 1 and 2 is enough.

Anyway, as for my current playthrough in NG+, I've beaten Ornstein and Smough yesterday. From the knights to the giants, anything can kill you in like, 2-3 hits. That's with 40 vit already. No duping. >_<

Now I'll need to beat The Four Kings so I can access a different path of the story and join the Darkwraiths.

Edit:

Also, I hate p2p connection. Nobody likes getting backstabbed when you're actually facing them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18