The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Dark Souls (aka Project Dark)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I have a rant regarding DkS.

Fuck you Namco Bandai!
Getting summoned and being invaded is different right? Because I get a relative handful of invasions every few odd minutes when I go and desecrate the guys in Darkroot Garden, but I've noticed I usually never get summoned to boss fights. Scratch that, I've NEVER gotten summoned for a boss fight as of yet. SL 120+, for both getting invaded and waiting to be summoned ._.
I haven't been summoned either. Maybe my gear is not attractive enough Sad
The giant Ornstein is finally defeated. After 10 or so humanities lost I thought summoning soltaire alone wasn't enough, I had to summon someone else Happy
I just go straight in with 0 humanity and 0 souls, so I can trial and error as much as I'd like. I never was very sociable even during my DeS days, haha.

I think I'm nearing my point of being ready to let this game go. It's been a fun ride, and I think 90 hours on this thing is enough XD
Likewise (@ JE). Went to Anor Londo with second character at SL30, ended up beating giant Orn-orn and Smough at SL50 because I couldn't beat them beforehand.

Weirdly though, I keep getting spammed by random Japanese PSN users (this hasn't happened before). I couldn't understand what they're saying. Deleting one by one per minute sure is a PITA. Replying in "Sorry I do not understand Japanese" doesn't help either.
got by with the super ornstein fight with 12 vit and 26 end by summoning soltaire then iron flesh + my + 5 fire zwei + + 5 crystal

only had to use iron flesh for the first part by the second soltaire was a good enough distraction to safely spam rings of death from the back. just had to hide behind the pillars when he uses his lightning attack

also able to finally defeat mr. ceaseless ... but at the time I forgot what you guys told me all that I remember was something about luring him to the part near the fog gate... well anyway 1st try went over and got the armor set on the far right of the area.... died trying to get to the tunnel. so second try I just winged it XD. euipped the armor set minus the arms (the black gaunlet from anor londo had better fire prot), euipped fire ring, and equipped the great shield with 90 fire prot. for damage I used a + 10 large club and I had pine resins and those shrooms from frogs that boosts your stamina... went back in ceaseless spammed his fire attack blocked it ( only got around 5% damage per attack but the stamina drain was aweful hence the shrooms) ran in and twacked the tentacle backed up blocked fire attack and so on and so forth. after the fight I fell on a nearby cliff because I was eating some fries with one hand and moving my character with the other ... victory celebration fail XD
Somebody must be bored enough to go around NG++++ with just around a SL 40-50 character. Joined a host's boss fight at SL 49 and got my ass handed with super Ornstein in one single non-elemental attack. Was guarding with a +10 hollow shield and got my whole stamina and health drained to 0. Even the Silver Knights can almost OHKO me if I failed at parrying (about 7-16 health left wth).

Maybe I should now get the Crystal Ring Shield. Didn't get it on my first character. Guess now's the time to cheapen myself! Won't do any duping though.
I'll try getting the crystal ring shield as well. The old close range tactic doesn't seem to work vs the Four Kings in NG+ so I might try ranged battle next time. Even with teh iron flesh I still take massive damage when they use their explosion and projectile attacks. I found it easier to hurl fire orbs at them but I've only got 12 orbs, just enough to beat one. Summoning players and the witch didn't help much(meron pa yung isang player hindi/ ayaw tumalon sa abyss Facepalm )

takot sa dilim??? ahahaha

the great dragon axe has a powerful aoe attack maybe that can help and pair that with the crystal ring shield and a pyro glove maybe that would do it? but yeah ng+ I am not der yet XD
@JE:
I did mine just fine with Iron Flesh when I solo'd Four Kings in NG+ with a fully upgraded lightning Zwei. I just spammed my flasks when they used magic attacks. Having a lot of poise helps too, but then your build might be different than mine. Did it with a Havel's set except for the helm; replaced with Mask of a Child.

On a side note, wonder why most PSN users with JP names always use Ring of Fog and Walk of Peace. Might have to do with them spamming TP in all of their ACs to begin with.

Lulzy that they'd usually die with a swing of a Zwei when they do not expect it though. LOL
Finally defeated them via tanking but I had to purchase another set of iron flesh(now 6 in total) then upgrade the black knight halberd to +5 which does surprising amount of damage(345 +133) compared to my drake sword+4 or claymore+15 but I think +5 is the maximum upgrade for the bk halberd Sad and it's quite drainy but it was worth every shot

I don't think I have the dragon greataxe yet but after reading it's stats in the wiki Shock
Finally was able to farm Twinkling Titanites at the clams and fully upgrade my Black Knight body armor and leggings for my SL50 character.

I should've just upgraded the Black Iron stuff first, but the former looks a lot better. XD
So is the Black Knight build really worth it? I'm thinking I want to equip the sword at least, but 20 STR and 18 DEX are way too much for what I need right now (pumping all my points into VIT and END instead). But if the requirements for the armor are that high, might as well... because that armor looks badass with a capital BADASS.
Do that only if you're planning on becoming a STR build. Had that on my first character, and the mobs became easy mode, until I had to change my weapon after reaching Anor Londo (made a lightning zwei; lightning weapons will be nerfed this coming patch though, so don't count on it just yet). Or you could get the Claymore sword. Has a better moveset (R2 specifically) than the BK sword and less stat requirements (16 str).

Oh, and you don't get the Black Knight armor til the last dungeon of the game. No stat requirements for armor btw, but they're somewhere in between the Black Iron and Elite Knight Set. Might have to increase your endurance if you plan on removing Havel's Ring (if you've killed him already).

There's a similar-looking armor called the Silver Knights set, which is much inferior than its black counterpart, but you get it mid-game in Anor Londo.
(11-03-2011, 06:43 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and you don't get the Black Knight armor til the last dungeon of the game.

I know, in the Kiln right? I looked it up after posting, haha. Buzzkill.

Right now I'm still going for the Grim Reaper look (chasing the Gold-Hemmed robes and Lifehunt). Currently depending on the Drake Sword, but that's becoming boring pretty quick. LOL

I spent like 2 hours doing the 300-soul farm trick from the Hellkite. Does anyone know of a faster farming position in any of these areas? They're the ones I've yet to really explore:
The Catacombs
Darkroot Garden
Valley of Drakes
Blighttown
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18