The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The MANGA Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Oh, welcome CZCisco to RR! Tongue
Enjoy your stay Big grin

I liked the Claymore anime, though I hated the ending, and as usual, the manga was supposedly better.

Fort Tower Song anime is on hiatus, and no new news has been reported in months. The AC manga Tower City Blade is being scanned by Lost Field HK forums but no English translations exist at the moment. You can view the discussion thread here: http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=830
Bleach manga is going pretty good. Big grin

though I'm waiting for the continuation of the Claymore manga (I also didn't like the ending in the anime, Priscilla isn't that weak <_< )
Right now, the only Manga series I'm reading are Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, and Gantz.
To all Claymore fans, i just heard that the manga is once again back on track. Looking for it now.
I'm currently reading blame. I need to get inspired. Hilig ko yung art style na parang sa blade of the immortal.
Currently reading Ga-Rei and Highschool of the Dead...

My 'To Read' List:
- Lilim Kiss
- 20th and 21st Century Boys
I'm planning to buy the Hellsing Manga (Vol 4) for christmas. Costs around P600-750.00 at Power Books. Currently looking for a cheaper price since I wanna get one of those.
Try mo sa NBS. 400+ lang yata manga nila dun.

This is where I read BTW...
http://www.onemanga.com/

I just finished Lilim Kiss...
Lili'ms so cute, I just turned into one of her fans.

Starting on Pretty Face.
I've always wanted to read this one.
Wala ako nakita dun eh. Susubukan ko tumingin sa mga Comic Alley/Quest stores pagpunta ko province. (Assuming na meron nga dun lol)
I know I have been posting on this thread too much like an excited kid, but I'm having fun reading so ah...

Anyways...

Manga Title: Pretty Face
Genre: Gender Bender, Ecchi, Comedy, Romance
Levels:
- Gender Bender: 100% of the story
- Ecchi: 60%-75% of the story, mostly accidental strips and peek offs
- Comedy: 100%, the best ones are everytime Randoh's true gender is accidentally discovered.

Serene's Rating: Mature, 8/10

I've just finished Pretty Face. In my opinion, It's a must read.
Even if its genre is gender bender, in most ways, I didn't find it disgusting or unethical, but rather I found it very entertaning -fan service aside-.

Reading it chapter by chapter, waiting to see if Randoh -Pretty Face's main character- get caught or have his cover blown -or how he gets his cover blown-, is quite fun. Honestly, being a guy, I keep on thinking how he keeps himself from turning to the 'Dark Side' with all those temptations -strip offs and panty shots and a few other things-, well, he is a gentleman afterall.

There's nothing very special with it's love story, aside from the fact that both Rina's -the lead girl- and Randoh's -who roleplays as Rina's Sister, Yuna- feelings for each other are revealed at an early stage in the story. Something I rarely see in any other media I've read or watched. It also has a nice mellow ending with it.

Read it for you to find out.

Notes:
I first read about this title 2 years back in AnimeOkashi.com. Just reading it's description had me interested so I tried to get my hands on a copy but failed. Wheter you are a fan or not of such genre, you'll like this. No conditions asked.
its somewhat like a Ccheeky Angel, and I My Me Strawberry eggs ... hmm hmmm is there an anime version of this ... (para mabili sa quiapo XD)
Wala pa yata...

Starting with 20th Century Boys...
This would be one long read...
San ba makakahanap ng Hellhounds: Panzerpolizei na comics (Kerberos Saga/Jin-Roh). Wala ako nakikita sa internet eh.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 (1st arc with Jonathan Joestar). the series is pretty long, with 90+ volumes (Yes, volumes not chapters) at the moment, so I'm just sticking with the first part for now (only around the first 5-6 volumes).
Tales of Destiny.

Nix: Bitin! Patapos na nga yun laban, hindi pa tinapos yun upload ng manga. Haha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27