The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The MANGA Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
You never really specified what type of manga XD this is a web manga

<a href='http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.php?series=aoi&page=1' target='_blank'>Aoi House</a>

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt64D8cKEPg' target='_blank'>It even has a theme song for the web manga Blink</a>
Manga rant.

I stopped reading Gantz around a year ago. But now, since I'm "free," I did some catching up by downloading all the chapters I haven't read. Around 60 chapters. And crap man... I finished them all in two nights... bitin na naman ako. God. And what's worse is that Gantz's mangaka releases new chapters on an irregular schedule. >_< Sometimes he takes weeks off and sometimes even months. Meh. Maybe I should have waited longer because the current issue is a gigantic cliff hanger.

As for the other manga that I read, Hunter x Hunter, well it's been more than a whole year since a new chapter has been released. And the last chapter was also a major cliff hanger... so yeah bitin na bitin na talaga ako. -_-

Sheesh. Of all the mangas to read regularly, I just had to read ones that have erratic, inconsistent mangakas.

Meh. I'll probably start reading berserk or something to keep me busy until new chapters of Gantz come along. The last two mangas I tried reading (Naruto and Death Note) really bored me so I hope berserk will work out.

Anyways, rant over. Nix, out.
Since I now have more free time than I've had in a really long time, I've been able to catch up with reading manga.

I haven't been reading manga for a long time but I've read:

Hunter x Hunter from beginning to the latest
Naruto from beginning to a little after the time skip (it bored me...)
Death Note (didn't finish it... bored me too)
Gantz (my fave so far. beginning to the latest... impatiently waiting)
Battle Royale (Just finished reading it. Not bad, but felt like it was nothing more than something to pass the time)

I'm on the 4th chapter of Tenjou Tenge right now and it's pretty fun so far. I've also downloaded all the chapters of Basilisk so I'll probably read that next.

Anyways, basically all I wanted to say was that it would be nice if you guys could recommend some good manga to read. Preferably something in the more mature or seinen genre like gantz, but shonen manga will do to if it's really good.

So... yeah, what's good out there? Tongue
High School of the Dead!

Best manga ever! Reminds me of Dawn of the Dead with busty Schoolgirls and loads of fan-service!
You can download a bunch of manga from vimanga.ru, which is a lot faster for me than stoptazmo.

I suggest "Blame!" and the Prequel, Noise. Also Battle Angel Alita if you haven't read the entire series already. Both are seinen, and have cyberpunk elements. The art and pacing of Tsutomu Nihei (Blame's mangaka) takes a while to get used to, but it's really worth it, imo. I heard One Piece is going strong still.

minor rant: Bleach and Naruto are so very boring now, so I dropped them. Gantz too, after the arc that seemed like the final battle.
Oh Jake please go back to reading Gantz now. There's been more development in the latest arc than... well, than ever. LOL

And thanks for the suggestions. I'll check em out as soon as I exhaust all the issues of Tenjou Tenge. Hahaha. Nice art, nice fights, nice girls (very nice) but stupid story. Hahah I wonder how long it'll be before it gets old
I stopped at chapter 80 for Tenjo Tenge. Got kinda boring even with the T&As. Try Oh! Great's other series titled Air Gear if you're into his art style and story telling.

If you're into suspense and mystery, try 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urusawa. It never got old for me even after 22 volumes since it always had something new for each chapter and excellent character development.
Well I've seen the anime of Air Gear and I don't really like it... so yeah, I'll pass. I've been hearing about that 20th Century Boys though. Where can I get it?

edit: ah, nevermind since it's in stoptazmo
I don't have any manga TT_TT

So I borrow from my classmates...(it's like a manga library Blink)

Soooo I've finished Furuba vol.5(skipped 3 and 4),Cain Saga vol.5 (skipped 2),
But I haven't tried reading .Hack//Legend of the Twilight,Kamichama,God Child,Tsubasa Resevoir...

I'm looking for doujinshi in DA though...
With every issue I read, Tenjou Tenge simply gets stupider and stupider. -_-
It TRIES to seem deep but it just isn't no matter how hard it tries. God. Yep. T&A is probably the only thing that keeps this thing afloat.
Got Gantz yesterday (1-250), tried to see what the fuss was all about.

Well! This is certainly everything NiX described it out to be, and a bit more. Explosions, bisections, barfing, sex, boobs, guns, and all that stuff. Definitely raises a few eyebrows to the casual reader.

Currently on the 141st chapter and lovin' it.
Hahaha good luck when you get to the latest chapter. Sobrang nakakabitin especially since it's a bi-weekly manga and since Oku (the mangaka) really likes taking breaks. -_-

EDIT - Tried reading Claymore. I dropped it cuz I hated the art style. Yeah I'm shallow. Hahah
Until what chapter did you read claymore? Cause the animation does kinda stink at the beginning, but what gets you into it is the story, although, the series is on hold till november since the magazine it was on changed and it moved to a new one.

I'm also reading Gantz. Although i haven't been keeping track of manga and anime recently since i spend most of my free time on 3d modelling.
I've made quite a few mechs like Freedom Gundam, Temjin, Raiden. I also wanted to try making ACs but never got the needed pics i need for modeling.
I read the first volume. The story was fine but I'm just not a fan of the whole swords and knights genre... I'm picky when it comes to art-styles too. Hahah yeah I'm like that.
Hehe, yeah i guess, how about Tsubasa Chronicles and Negima, you read those ones?
Oh and do you know anything about the AC manga or anime?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27