The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The MANGA Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
At the very least, Utsuki does have pretty good taste in games. LOL
Currently reading Saint Young Men. It's just a slice-of-life piece about two young men sharing an apartment in modern-day Japan, going through the trials and tribulations of life like earning money, finding relationships and doing ordinary mundane things like going to a convenience store and facing the jam-packed trains at the start of another workweek.

The catch:
The two guys are Buddha and Jesus, on vacation in the real world. Bonus points for Jesus having an awesome sense of humor and looking strangely like Johnny Depp. LOL
(02-08-2012, 01:13 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Currently reading Saint Young Men. It's just a slice-of-life piece about two young men sharing an apartment in modern-day Japan, going through the trials and tribulations of life like earning money, finding relationships and doing ordinary mundane things like going to a convenience store and facing the jam-packed trains at the start of another workweek.

The catch:
The two guys are Buddha and Jesus, on vacation in the real world. Bonus points for Jesus having an awesome sense of humor and looking strangely like Johnny Depp. LOL

Wow this is interesting! This will be the first manga I'll read in a LONG time.
Well last nite I was looking up a depressing manga (If the love ones can get me to cry y not the traumatizing depressing ones) and one the kept popping up was a manga called Battle Royal (older generation of manga as you can tell w/ the art style)...I wouldn't recommend this if you don't have the stomach for this; like what 6 characters die in the first volume. So far I'm not even fazed by it to me honest. The crap that happens in this manga is what happens to the world everyday (w/ the exception of the worst lottery ever and the game leading to it)

Just so no one misunderstands I don't not think that we humans are just bad I see good in the world. Hell I'm the kind that's self-sacrificing for others and expect nothing...it's just I choose not to give turn a blind eye for the crap people do everyday

Edit:Another thing I do not think there are people who are more F'ed up than others we are all F'ed up. Now what makes us different is do we embrace it and screw w/ others or do we try to better ourselves
Reading Flame of Recca. REALLY REALLY good manga compared to the shitfest that was the anime.
I LOL'd IRL. heh.
In case some guys are waiting for an update, Zeonic has completed GW:EW GotD's second volume.
And was released a day after Christmas LAST YEAR [obviously not this year's... Wahoho].

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=1691
Can't believe I'm saying this, but HxH has been sucking for the past few chapters. It's a bit aimless right now. LOL Or maybe it's just a big change for me coming from all the high-tension chapters in the past few months.
Just read Gunslinger Girl ch96.

There goes Triela. And I was hoping she at least survives a little longer.
Well, It' not like readers didn't see it coming.
Damn you Yu Aida.
Rejoice Atdsutm and MJting! The darkness has consumed me and liking it!
(06-02-2012, 09:07 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Just read Gunslinger Girl ch96.

There goes Triela. And I was hoping she at least survives a little longer.
Well, It' not like readers didn't see it coming.
Damn you Yu Aida.

i dont think i could read gunslinger girl...the anime was so sad i literaly cried after every episode of the first season, the 2nd was ...too difrent for me to care for ~_~
Then just read the manga because it's better than both. You could just skip the volumes season 1 was taken [very loyal] from.
Season 2 was good in my opinion, animation quality aside.

The manga is really good. I don't regret reading and waiting for chapters.

Update:

Now I know what I missed. DAMN. Dat Censorship.
@latest chapter of Gantz

GODDAMMIT MAN!!! THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR!?
(09-26-2012, 05:30 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]@latest chapter of Gantz

GODDAMMIT MAN!!! THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR!?
Huh. Hoped for the best, still got the worst.
not enough gore
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27