The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gundam Unicorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Zefyr got it right :p
So many poor grunts in this ep. Sad

And it's probably just me, but I think the Unicorn is a terribly boring Gundam.
It's probably gonna perform better when it gets its mid-season upgrade LOL

why do you think you think there is always a badass pilot showing off in each episode. LOL
Not saying the Unicorn is weak. Just saying it's a boring mech. Sad
Never liked Unicorn that much either.
Actually, if you put a pilot who's less naive and more badass, it'd probably be more amusing. I mean, the original Gundam only had beam sabers and Beam rifle as weapon like this guy, but the only difference is the pilots.
Gundam had a bazooka and a morning star and an epic shield! edit: And it was the first. So it gets a pass. And every fight it had was epic. Lost an arm/leg/both nearly every fight, IIRC. LOL

Unicorn only has NT-D and pretty red colors. Sad
Why do you guys praise the Unicorn anyway, there's the Shinanju to take over the whole scene.

And yeah, a better pilot might be able to pull it off with better badass maneuvering, but one thing I find somewhat plain with the unicorn is its lack of realism and gruntiness; hello Gundam Raptor RXF-22.
Unicorn has a Bazooka and beam gatling in adition to the magnum, and a i-field shield, it's an updated rx-78. The only reason why Gundam's(the first one) fights were epic is because of the pilot. If you put Amuro in the pilot seat of Unicorn, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get bored.

@Goat- I think it's worth the praise. Sinanju did pretty much take the spotlight, but I still prefer that Bryalant had more screen time =)
Amuro's fights were epic because it always seemed like there was a chance he'd die. The Gundam itself was always half-destroyed after every sortie. The Unicorn, though, almost seems invincible once it goes into NT-D. Like I'm always sure that Banager isn't ever in any real danger.
I like the banshee better, even though it's essentially the same gundam. XD the sinanju and the delta plus are more exciting to me lol.
Yeah the Sinanju is most definitely sexy.
^Actually nix, he was never in danger in the first place. They had to go easy on him because both sides were given strict orders to be careful not to damage the box.
Sure enough Banshee tried to disarm him without damaging the cockpit, but that alone is fkng hard! You cant shoot directly at the unit, because if that were the case, Banshee's Smart gun could have fried the Suit the moment it flew away

I'm just saying, you have to look at it in a different perspective in order to apreciate it =)

P S - I've watched 0079 for more than 3 times and ss far as I can remember, Gundam never lost a limb until the last battle. It was always a broken shield,but nothing really serious because Zaku machine guns and bazookas had no effect on its armor =/
It's more to do with how the MS has been portrayed that makes it boring. All the other suits featured so far have been more interesting. Not saying the series as a whole has been bad.
... I like the Unicorn XD *cough*BloodyUnicorn*cough*

Dunno why, but it's design is mostly what got me, long before the OVA even started, the 'I'm not a Gundam OH WAIT yes I am' thing, haha. I guess in terms of pilots Banagher is a lot more... of a pacifist? In a sense compared to Amuro (I guess, lol). One moment I thought was really bad ass though was when he (Or the NT-D/Unicorn, whatever XD) took control of the Kshatriya's funnels, then he motioned an open hand and closed it, before all of Kshatriya's funnels started firing. Deliciousness.

I dunno if it might be because of the animation style, but the 'dynamic' effect might be because the older series' put a big-ish leeway on how mobile suits moved, making it look a lot more dramatic, whereas the animation style now puts a, in lack of a better term, 'limiter' on the range of movement of the mobile suits, which make it look more realistic.

When it comes down to it I guess it's all in personal taste. Call me boring I guess XD I wouldn't mind more of those Byalants though, and more of the grunt units getting some epic action going on. One thing I will admit is that fights that involve the Unicorn, although I still think they're pretty decent, don't really invoke a feel of excitement as it did in the first few episodes. Needs moar OOMPH!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19