The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gundam Unicorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I'd prefer dat epic custom byalant getting more screen time too Tongue
(05-27-2012, 08:45 AM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]... I like the Unicorn XD *cough*BloodyUnicorn*cough*

Dunno why, but it's design is mostly what got me, long before the OVA even started, the 'I'm not a Gundam OH WAIT yes I am' thing, haha. I guess in terms of pilots Banagher is a lot more... of a pacifist? In a sense compared to Amuro (I guess, lol). One moment I thought was really bad ass though was when he (Or the NT-D/Unicorn, whatever XD) took control of the Kshatriya's funnels, then he motioned an open hand and closed it, before all of Kshatriya's funnels started firing. Deliciousness.

I dunno if it might be because of the animation style, but the 'dynamic' effect might be because the older series' put a big-ish leeway on how mobile suits moved, making it look a lot more dramatic, whereas the animation style now puts a, in lack of a better term, 'limiter' on the range of movement of the mobile suits, which make it look more realistic.

When it comes down to it I guess it's all in personal taste. Call me boring I guess XD I wouldn't mind more of those Byalants though, and more of the grunt units getting some epic action going on. One thing I will admit is that fights that involve the Unicorn, although I still think they're pretty decent, don't really invoke a feel of excitement as it did in the first few episodes. Needs moar OOMPH!

Oh, it's all just opinion. You have yours like I have mine. I'm not calling anyone boring. Smile
@Zefyr

What I meant was the Overall design of the Unicorn, Im not a fan of it especially the model kit of it but if youre going to ask me for the story, Im absolutely biased to anything that has mechs beating the crap out of each other. LOL
lol, I've been wanting that MG Katoki model kit for a while, but some sources say it's a little iffy, so I settled for the 1/144 HG. I guess the glowy parts remind me of ZoE for some reason, especially when it glows green. In a more recent comparison, it reminds me of GN particles flowing throughout the mobile suit, which I also harken to ZoE XD
overall i prefer the Sinanju over the Unicorn. really like the weapon loadout, design and even the muscle car red coloring. then again, i've always liked the mono-eye units associated with Char.

as for the Unicorn, i do find it a little on the boring side. mostly because of the all white color it has in its normal mode. the glowing red parts don't do much for me, and i find the transformation a little gimmicky actually. the NT-D tho is awesome tho. especially when it took over the Kshatriya's funnel. the whole scene was like putting a Jedi/Sith in a mobile suit, or having a Jedi/Sith mobile suit. nerdgasm right there XD

oh, and my preferences don't take into account the pilot.
I got my hands on a manga with a free sinanju bazooka. I might start watching this one LOL
I want one of those bazookas too!
Keep an eye out for Gundam Ace or Dengeki magazines because iirc this is the second time they've included those bazookas.
I finished watching ep.1 and it was better than I expected. I love the scene where the loto pilot fired his bazooka @ the giant cabbage before evacuating his AC.

Also no signs of Gay so far but I think Lt.Angelo is a potential candidate.
I beg to disagree! It was a Giant Bell pepper!

Also..

Quote: I finished watching ep.1 and it was better than I expected. I love the scene where the loto pilot fired his bazooka @ the giant cabbage before evacuating his AC.

Sign of too much armored core..
(06-01-2012, 09:16 PM)Hell Heart Wrote: [ -> ]I beg to disagree! It was a Giant Bell pepper!

Quote: I finished watching ep.1 and it was better than I expected. I love the scene where the loto pilot fired his bazooka @ the giant cabbage before evacuating his AC.

You two are talking about palm tree right?
I guess I'll have to go with the Bell Pepper because there's a red one as well.
(05-26-2012, 11:49 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]P S - I've watched 0079 for more than 3 times and ss far as I can remember, Gundam never lost a limb until the last battle. It was always a broken shield,but nothing really serious because Zaku machine guns and bazookas had no effect on its armor =/

Been rewatching. About halfway now. Ramba Ral's Gouf's whip ripped off its foot. LOL
^That wasn't amuro =p When Sayla was in it, it had broken cameras and a broken boot.Specifically, when amuro was in it, it lost a couple of shields, ramba ral manage to damage the cockpit hatch and it lost its head and arm in the last battle
Just saying that Zeon did have weapons that could damage it. Goes without saying that Amuro is what really made the difference. Tongue
I just realized.. Unicorn did take a hit. Its shoulder was damaged by kashatriya's funnels, which caused it to lose aim in the novel. In the movie, the beam gatling was destroyed along with its shoulders. This is proof enough that it is capable of being damage if the enemies only tried. This further enforced my argument that they(Gundam & Gundam Unicorn) are indeed similar, it's just that Amuro has his way of making things interesting.

If you ask me,Gundam was more exaggerated being able to wipe out an entire enemy Mine by himself even if it a minor base, shooting down more than 20 to 30 MS in a single battle,without having any major damages might I add. Unicorn destroyed only a total of 4 MS(Ensign Sergei's Geara Zulu, a Dreissen, Kashatriya and an Ankusha).

I can add more details but that'll make me sound like a big Gundam Geek :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19