The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gundam Unicorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Probably because Zeon and it's remnants no longer have a strong leader as capable as Char was ever since he went MIA during the events of UC 0093.
I think it is important to remember some things spoken about near the end of ep2, where Marida talked about Zeon became a guiding light to the people in space to colonies that felt abandoned by Earth. This guiding light had given purpose and meaning to spacenoids, where it had become the only significant social and political representation they had against Earthnoids who had forgotten about them, to the point that Marida even mentioned that it had even replaced religion as a way of life for some IIRC. If this was the case, this would elevated Char as a Messianic figure, who rose up from the dead and become the symbol of salvation for those living in space from the tyranny of Earth. That and with the Sleeves possessing Minerva Zabi, they can assert their legitimacy as the true Zeon by having both Char and the last surviving Zabi under their care, allowing them to rally forth any, if not all remaining Zeon remnants in the earth sphere.

"Zeon will never die" as they say, "for it lives in the hearts of its believers"

Think of it this way, Haman's Neo-Zeon was probably the closest in terms of replicating the original glory of the Principality of Zeon due to the size of the Axis fleet under her disposal, and if it weren't for the civil war with Glemy Toto, they could have maintained their position in ZZ (The Federation were already willing to negotiate for a cease fire agreement prior to the Civil War). That and later we find out that Haman's Minerva Zabi was a fake robot, thus undermining her faction's legitimacy as the successor of Zeon (Char was the one who successfully smuggled the real Minerva out of Haman's hands).

Char had the charisma of being a leader as much as he is reluctant to do so until the events of 0093. If he had the power and strength of the Axis Fleet during it's height, he might have been able to rally some of the colonies to his side and be able to assert the legitimacy of Spacenoid independence from Earth. I don't know what changed him to the point that the only way is to enact a forced migration of Earth though.

One final ingredient is missing: Laplace's Box:

Article 9 of the original Federation Constitution that supposedly granted much more freedom to the colonies and acknowledges the existence of Newtypes, and their right to rule when deemed worthy.

The consequence of this being made public would mean that the Federation HAS to recognize spacenoid independence, and to that end, the largest representative of Spacenoids would be Zeon, with Char being the Newtype leader and Minerva Zabi asserting legitimacy of Zeon, this would mean that Zeon's legitimacy and power will be secured through the Earth sphere, uniting all of the factionalized Zeon remnants.

At least, that's my theory.
We already know what Unicorn covers through the novels, but are there already other chronicles of events that fall between Unicorn and Victory, F91, etc, specifically the aftermath of discovering the contents of Laplace's box??
Hathaway's Flash which happens in UC 0105 (Dunno the plot of this series) and the Gundam F90 in just prior to the events of Gundam F91. The last traces of Zeon show up in the latter under the banner of the Oldsmobile Army, AKA Mars Zeon (Zeon forces who exiled themselves on Mars after the OYW) who try to invade Earth through the use of a giant Rail Gun to bombard Earth (called the Olympus Cannon, as it's stationed above the mountain of the same name).

AFAIK Side 3 re-joined the Federation in UC 0099 or UC 0100 and no further Zeon activity was recorded after that (Besides Mars Zeon mentioned earlier).

For the sake of clarity, here are the events post UC 100 in chronological order:

105 - Hathaway's Flash (Novels, not 100% canon)
122 - Gundam F90
123 - Gundam F91 (Movie, canon)
133 - Crossbone Gundam/ Crossbone Gundam: Steel 7 (Manga, possibly canon since it ties in heavily with the F91 movie)
153 - Victory Gundam (Series, canon), Crossbone Gundam: Ghost (same status as Crossbone Gundam)
203 - Gaia Gear (Novels / Radio Drama)
223 - G-Savior (lol)
I'm just hoping that none of the events currently happening in Unicorn will retcon stuff in the later media. It's already tough keeping track of the timeline as it is.
Why no Turn A at the end?! WHY IS IT G-SAVIOUR INSTEAD AND WHAT IS THAT?! XD XD
Wow learning new stuff about gundam nice!
Re: Hathaway

I don't like the character and I don't think there's any plausible explanation for his existence in the series. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is a way for Tomino to tell parents not to neglect the upbringing of their children because they might do stupid stuff that'll screw up the way they think for rest of their lives, and if there's no intervention it'll likely get progressively worse. He doesn't even fit into the standard newtype mold, because newtypes are supposed to understand each other in a way humans can't. The character wasted his life because of misplaced infatuation towards Quess, while newtypes with his ability routinely talk to floating streams of consciousness like Amuro and Lalah, or comatose Kamille communicating with Judau.

...Wow this is turning into Gundam-meta LOL

(08-31-2012, 11:45 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just hoping that none of the events currently happening in Unicorn will retcon stuff in the later media. It's already tough keeping track of the timeline as it is.

I wonder if it really matter in the future series since Spacenoid independence is just an assumed outcome of the opening of Laplace' Box. Char is also permanently MIA during the timeline of Gundam Unicorn, so "Zeon" might lack the leadership and military strength even if they are morally in the right this time.
Leperman really ought to put a spoiler on some sections of his posts. LOL

(09-01-2012, 10:49 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the character and I don't think there's any plausible explanation for his existence in the series. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is a way for Tomino to tell parents not to neglect the upbringing of their children because they might do stupid stuff that'll screw up the way they think for rest of their lives, and if there's no intervention it'll likely get progressively worse. He doesn't even fit into the standard newtype mold, because newtypes are supposed to understand each other in a way humans can't. The character wasted his life because of misplaced infatuation towards Quess, while newtypes with his ability routinely talk to floating streams of consciousness like Amuro and Lalah, or comatose Kamille communicating with Judau.

Nobody really likes Hathaway. Big grin

[Image: Hathaways_Execution.jpg]

A hundred percent canon enough for me.
Episode 6's first trailer:

a little OT but, all this while i've thought i'm just a casual gundam fan. but now, after reading the past few pages of posts and finding myself nodding in understanding, i realize im into gundam more than i thought o.O dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing XD
(01-11-2013, 08:14 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Episode 6's first trailer:

Whats with everyone doing the "Thumbs down"? XP
LIIIIVE MARIDA, LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE DAMN YOU.

Also yay Fully-loaded-armor-gatling-gun-needs-a-lot-more-dakka-than-this-and-don't-forget-the-missiles-and-those-big-ass-beam-halberds-and-such Unicorn Gundam o3o
Oh gads. I knew i wasn't wrong when i first start suspecting something like this would happen ever since the second episode.

(01-11-2013, 08:45 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]a little OT but, all this while i've thought i'm just a casual gundam fan. but now, after reading the past few pages of posts and finding myself nodding in understanding, i realize im into gundam more than i thought o.O dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing XD

Trust me, it's a good thing. Big grin
Kyaaaaaah~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19