The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gundam Unicorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I think it's a matter of the RX-78-2 just being more advanced than the Zeon counterparts at the time + Amuro being the prototype Jesus.

In the succeeding series, tech between the two factions weren't that far off anymore, especially since Anaheim Electronics simply sold out to the highest bidder.

And Ravenflau finally admitted he's a geek. LOL
Do take note,the Unicorn is also more advanced. Even though it was made by Anaheim, it was made in secrecy for the Vist foundation who poured a lot of money into the unit. Alberto Vist stated that the unit's performance is unparalleled that even a noob pilot would do.

and...

Quote:And Ravenflau finally admitted he's a geek LOL

Yeah prolly, but I'm not that big of a Gundam geek. I only stated what I have observed from the series. One can say my interest for the franchise is mediocre =)
All I can say is that there's no shame or that there is nothing derogatory about calling yourself a geek. the term has evolved alot, and it doesnt mean one is socially inept or what. it just means that youre just more obsessed to one thing than most others are. and with all of the information you put out. yes you are a geek.

being ashamed of it is just being contradictory to what you have been posting here.

and if geekery is somewhat not ok for you, then you will find that almost if not all of the guys here are. so be careful what you make of it Tongue
My definition of Geekery is that when a person get so obsessed with a certain subject that he'd study about it on the internet, research and etc just to learn of its content. Mine was based on observation so I don't really call myself a Gundam geek.

If anything, I have more affinity for Justin Bieber over Gundam =)
Nonstop whining from the emotypes in ep 4 & 5 and it's pretty difficult to watch without cringing.

Kaya nagugustuhan ko pa yung mga piloto sa gundam wing, makakapal ang muka, sexist at manhid. mag didisconnect pag natatalo.
(06-12-2012, 05:57 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]Nonstop whining from the emotypes in ep 4 & 5 and it's pretty difficult to watch without cringing.

Kaya nagugustuhan ko pa yung mga piloto sa gundam wing, makakapal ang muka, sexist at manhid. mag didisconnect pag natatalo.

Sinusubukan din nila isama yung mga server kapag kaya nila.
Simply awesome..

Ahhh, so that MS i couldn't identify in episode 04 was a Desert Gelgoog. This is one of the more helpful fan-edited videos i've seen.
Questions~ I'm midway through ep. 5 and I'm confused.

- Why does Banage(?) want to keep the Unicorn away from the Vist foundation again? If he's the son of Cardeas Vist.
- Why is the Earth Federation actually decent again? I thought the only force they had to fight threats in space was Londo Bell?
- I thought Bright has sole authority on Ra Cailum at all times because Londo Bell is independent from EF forces?
- What is the sleeves goal? Is it just to protect the Zabi family lineage?
- Are the sleeves and the zeon remnants the same or are the sleeves just one group of zeon remnants?
1. Banagher wants to keep the Unicorn away from the members of the Vist Foundation since they were in cahoots (Alberto and Martha Vist) with the Federation high command, who were determined to keep the box sealed. If you recall in ep1, Alberto kills Cardias Vist, who also leaked the information on the whereabouts of the Unicorn Gundam, as well as the secret meeting between Cardias Vist and the Sleeves to the Federation (Thus the battle in EP1).

2. The Feds have always been decent, though their military power usually comes from sheer numbers more than equipment (Though there are exceptions like the Gundam for example). That and with many of the colonies being loyal to the Federation after Zeon annihilated most of the other colonies during the One Year War, assures a steady supply of manpower from both the Earth and the colonies in space.

3. Yes, Bright has authority to uphold the Londo Bell's mission of investigating remnant Zeon rebellions, the very same mission the Titans had during the events of Zeta Gundam, only carried out in a more humane fashion (Londo Bell members include Former Karaba, and AEUG personnel folded into the Federation after the events ZZ).

4. I'm not entirely sure about this one, maybe someone who is more versed in Zeon history (Fox, Jiro, anyone for that mater). Part of it might be the revival of Zeon as a space political and military power (No shortage of the latter apparently). Other than that, they do have the last surviving Zabi, thus assuring their legitimacy as the true Zeon among the rest of the previous Zeon factions.

5. The Sleeves are one faction in the overall Zeon faction. There have been numerous splinter groups after the defeat of Zeon in A Boa Qu, with a universal order for all Zeon forces to retreat. With no common reference point, fleet commanders struggle to get as much of the retreating forces as they can and just leave the battlefield (The Delaz Fleet, Cima's Pirates, and the Axis Fleet are a few examples). Sometimes they help each other out as in the case of the Axis fleet giving the Nuei Zeil to the Delaz Fleet, while at times there are power struggles such as the Neo Zeon civil war in ZZ (Haman's Neo-Zeon and Glemy Toto's Neo-Zeon),

The ones who are left on Earth (Zeon remnants) are pretty much loyal to any Zeon faction that will give them a chance to fight once again.
Thanks for the lecture, professor. Tongue
(08-30-2012, 12:11 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the lecture, professor. Tongue

Professor Gundam LOL
(08-30-2012, 11:18 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Questions~ I'm midway through ep. 5 and I'm confused.

- Why does Banage(?) want to keep the Unicorn away from the Vist foundation again? If he's the son of Cardeas Vist.
- Why is the Earth Federation actually decent again? I thought the only force they had to fight threats in space was Londo Bell?
- I thought Bright has sole authority on Ra Cailum at all times because Londo Bell is independent from EF forces?
- What is the sleeves goal? Is it just to protect the Zabi family lineage?
- Are the sleeves and the zeon remnants the same or are the sleeves just one group of zeon remnants?

Additional stuff for #2, It's not that the Federation is militarily weak, it the lack of political will to do anything after the events of Zeta. The issue of Federation involvement with the Titans and the AEUG (Both factions had Federation personnel working directly or indirectly on both sides) was a sensitive one that it did not place itself in an official stance regarding the both of them. The mood is best explained by these 3 comic pages:

U.C. 0089: Chairman Gopp, a very minor character in the original series is now the chairman of the Earth Federation (I don't know specifically if it's only the military arm of the Federation or includes the civilian branches as well)

http://c.mfcdn.net/store/manga/8348/01-0...r09_09.jpg

http://c.mfcdn.net/store/manga/8348/01-0...r09_10.jpg

http://c.mfcdn.net/store/manga/8348/01-0...r09_11.jpg

Thus except during the events of Double Zeta, the Federation weren't making any solid stance on who's side it's on besides being against Zeon remnants (Due to the events of 0083, causing the formation of the Titans, and again in 0088 thus forming the Londo Bell).

#4 (Anyone, help me answer #4, I want to know more about Zeon's perspective on things).
Jesus. LOL
I'd like to answer but I realized I dont know whats the purpose of the Sleeves and maybe its different to the rest of the Zeon Remnants..

I think there are 2 things thats needs to be answered first to get the whole picture. First would be, what's Minerva's purpose here in the story and 2nd is, whats the purpose to revive Char? I'd rather not spoil the Char part... xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19