The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: StarCraft II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
its seems like theres a new balance development.

the Roach can now move underground, this seems to be a good idea for it to be different from the hydralisk
I hear the Queen's larva inject is quite an issue in the current build.

Zerg scouts enemy. If they see an expo build, zerg can power drone and be way ahead economically. If they scout an aggressive build, they can mass lings. Terran or Protoss on the other hand can't really adjust to the Zerg even if they wanted to. They have to wait till midgame before options open up, but even then they'll most likely be behind.

Anyway, whatever. I actually don't really care about the balance right now. We don't even have beta yet.
well i guess everybody can stop considering zerg as the underpowered race in SC2
Balance of power is going to shift several times during the beta anyway. And even after the beta, we'll still be getting a lot of balance patches for up to a year, may be. No real point dwelling on balance right now.
its really getting interesting. these fansite mods feeding us with their take on the sample of SC2
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAjCTGdehnQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAjCTGdehnQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
For those that don't know, SC2 beta started yesterday, so check you bnet accounts.
Hey LCC, did you get a key?
Nope.
http://www.iccup.com/all/content/news/st...eason.html

at the moment, it seems like Zerg is the top tier race pick, mainly because of their really strong macro and economic power

Protoss rellies on robo tech and other abilities, while terran relies on their build order openings.
There's some real Protoss hate out there right now.

I don't know about Z being the best race so far. They're a good race, but ever since the Beta started they've been getting pounded pretty good. There's little they can do against a Protoss player and almost as little against a Terran player. Right now, Protoss are mostly going for early StarGates that are proxied in corners of the map to make a fast Void Ray. A single Void Ray or Hellion can kill a Zerg Queen with relative ease.

Mostly, it looks like Zerg is relying on the Roaches to cover them. Mutalisks are very poor against Thors when stacked, so they need to be micro'd properly to allow for a flank attack. Lings just die to Siege Tanks and Hydralisks are only mildly effective. Zerg Lair timing seems to be the cause of a few headaches right now, though I feel its just the Zerg players having a hard time adapting while the Protoss and Terran don't have to adapt much. Even with the Toss being nerfed 7 patches in a row, they're still one of the easiest races to play in SC2.

Sentries, Immortals, Collosi. So good!
Patch 7 killed zerg though, with the static defense buff of terran missile turrets dealing 24!!!!!!! damage (i think it needs a little nerf). photon cannons buff HP, muta harassing versus terran/protoss is a bit useless (with the +2 damage buff to stalkers) mutas openings are now killed.
lol that was awesome LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16