The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: cabs in japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
About the PG SF, have you been able to start on it? I heard there were some quality issues about the connectors between the wings and the backpack.
Updates naman diyan!
How's Cabs doing BTW?! You know.. with all that shit happening to Japan? O.O
He and Hanna are in Osaka, so they're fine. Happy
(12-17-2010, 11:03 AM)medusa0 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the 1/60 kit? Nosebleed
Yes it is Happy

(03-25-2011, 02:57 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]About the PG SF, have you been able to start on it? I heard there were some quality issues about the connectors between the wings and the backpack.

Nope, not yet... unfortunately my work eats up most of my time (even my free time Glare) If ever my schedule loosens up, I'll probably start on the red frame first before working on the SF. I'll post some pictures then

(03-26-2011, 12:50 PM)azuriel07 Wrote: [ -> ]How's Cabs doing BTW?! You know.. with all that shit happening to Japan? O.O

Like Nix said, we are pretty much safe here in Osaka (west japan)
.... unless the nuke plant explodes and the wind current blows the radiation here Blink
Then we start to mutate and gain super powers Shock

I can't think of anything else to post right now, so I'll just leave a random pic here
[Image: Picture4.jpg]

Rofl
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /O/
time to play your favorite game

[Image: tumblr_lgvwkaGU221qe1pef.gif]
prepare?
Radioactivity at the reactor is 10 million times normal!!! It is contained......................................for now.

Plan an exit, if in case it all goes into a huge radioactive shitstorm.....
This whole problem could go exponentially worse since Japan is AN ISLAND.
I'd rather have a tsunami to ride out ANYDAY compared to dealing with Radioactive materials with a Half Life of multiple human lifetimes.

update:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12875327

The operators of a stricken Japanese nuclear plant have apologised for a "mistake" in reporting a radiation spike 10 million times above normal.
Despite the mistake, the radiation spike at reactor 2 was still very high and enough to evacuate workers.

It had said radiation levels reached 10 million times higher than normal in the cooling system but because the level was so high the worker taking the reading had to evacuate before confirming it with a second reading.

"The number is not credible. We are very sorry," said Tepco spokesman Takashi Kurita.

As some of u know, I've made some updates on my desktop PC.
A bit late but here are some pics of my PC renewal project Tongue

[Image: IMG_2878.jpg]
To start with is the side by side comparison of the old and new cases

[Image: IMG_2880.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2881.jpg]
The new motherboard and the ssd

[Image: IMG_2884.jpg]
My old and new ssd together

[Image: IMG_2885.jpg]
The short cable set for my fully modular power supply (it was a great help in minimizing the clutter inside the case)
Next shown are the new components

[Image: IMG_2888.jpg]
Since the new case came only with a single slot ssd holder, I decided to mod it a little for it to accommodate 2 ssds (for my planned raid0 setup)

[Image: IMG_2889.jpg]
"The Battlefield" LOL

[Image: IMG_2891.jpg]
The old and new motherboards (from blue&white to red&black)

[Image: IMG_2892.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2894.jpg]
Re-seating the old parts into the new motherboard

[Image: IMG_2911.jpg]
I decided to use round flexible sata cables in this build for easier cable management Happy

[Image: IMG_2896.jpg]
Initial tests and windows installation Roll eyes

[Image: IMG_2898.jpg]
The northbridge on the new board tends to get too hot so i decided to replace the factory applied thermal compound with something better (the same one I used with the proc and h50)

[Image: IMG_2899.jpg]
With all things running smoothly, I finalized the wiring and was surprised on how things came out all clean and tidy. It was way better than my old setup where it had more room to spare.

[Image: IMG_2901.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2912.jpg]
Before and after the videocard installation (There's space left for another videocard whenever I decided to SLI or Xfire in the future Woot )

[Image: IMG_2917.jpg]
For those wondering about the clearance between the h50 pump and radiator. It was really a tight fit LOL

[Image: IMG_2919.jpg]
Top view

[Image: IMG_2930.jpg]
Top view with grill

[Image: IMG_2926.jpg]
Front view

Now its time to put some personalized mods
[Image: IMG_2934.jpg]
I placed some dampening materials on the front to help prevent any noise inside the case from escaping at the front panel. This will also act as a makeshift spring for my next mod explained below Big grin

[Image: IMG_2935.jpg]
Since the new case accommodates only slot loading disk drives and doesn't have any mechanism for manual ejection on the front, I made some quick fixes and made it possible to manually eject the discs using the whole front panel as the eject button Tongue

[Image: IMG_2939.jpg]
Just apply a bit of pressure

[Image: IMG_2940.jpg]
and out it goes! LOL

...Yeah i know you can eject disks from inside windows but I'm the type of person who prefers physical eject buttons Tongue

[Image: IMG_2944.jpg]
The finished product Clapping

Sige mang-inggit pa. LOL

You PC might as well be the Sharon Apple computer. Tongue
http://ghostlightning.files.wordpress.co...ox-ver.jpg
I like how simple and utilitarian the new casing looks. Tongue
(06-08-2011, 08:49 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]You PC might as well be the Sharon Apple computer. Tongue
http://ghostlightning.files.wordpress.co...ox-ver.jpg
That would be nice, as long she doesn't try to kill me or hijack my ps3 LOL

(06-08-2011, 10:16 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I like how simple and utilitarian the new casing looks. Tongue
I liked the case, the moment I saw it on the net, luckily it just went on sale.
At first, I was planning on getting the raven2 case. But it was big, bulky and heavy compared to this one so I made the switch.
I also like how small the case's footprint is and how it can house powerful components (like high tier videocards) unlike other small cases.
The hot-swap drive port is a nice addition too. Happy

For those interested, the new case is the Silverstone Fortress 3 (SS-FT03)
Holy flying cow, you own the holy grail of all desktop PCs! Pa ampon naman LOL
Nice job on the new PC, specifically the wiring job Salute ! Me thinks the radiation made you either richer and/or better at wire management Smile
All I can do is part-swapping Sad
ZOMG!!! I wanna watch Woot
[Image: P1000171.jpg]

(06-09-2011, 07:24 AM)Doom Trigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job on the new PC, specifically the wiring job Salute ! Me thinks the radiation made you either richer and/or better at wire management Smile

Tnx pre, having a "full modular" power supply helped a lot, try it.
And no, the radiation doesn't have anything to do with it LOL

(06-09-2011, 01:36 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Holy flying cow, you own the holy grail of all desktop PCs! Pa ampon naman LOL

But its one generation old already since Sandy Bridge is out Sad

(06-09-2011, 02:22 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]All I can do is part-swapping Sad

Hey, all I did was swap the parts around Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19