The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Macross Frontier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
you know we never did watch this during our tagaytay stay ... but I was able to watch it on youtube ... dang very nice very nice indeed ... so safe bet that the pretty boy's the main character right?
Yes, matagal nang confirmed na Alto is the main character.

And as with all Macross series, I'm sure he'll somehow have an affair with that singer. But at the same time, the green-haired girl will also be in love with him. Tongue
I think its the other way around ... first he would have an affair with the green haired girl then with th singer ... making the green haired girl jealous... lol just a predicition.
*completely fangirls over the show after Ep. 2*

This anime is the must watch show of the year. I'll even go on a limb to say that it'll probably remind you why you like mecha in the first place.

The first few minutes (specifically the fight sequence) of the second episode made me cry out of nostalgia! I've been a Macross fan since I was a kid, and I'm familiar with difficulties encountered in animating 3D objects. So far, I really like the characterization of Ranka (puffy green hair girl) and Sheryl (idol singer)!

The animation staff really outdid themselves with this one. I can't wait to see the SDF in action, and the VFs to actually stop getting pwned by the Vajra, and their motivation for attacking the fleet in the first place.

*squeals over it again* WATCH THIS SHOW.
I can't get over how much quality they put into the first two episodes so far. The mechanical objects are done SO well. They probably have a gigantic budget!

I really hope they maintain this level of quality throughout the series.
NiX Wrote:I can't get over how much quality they put into the first two episodes so far. The mechanical objects are done SO well. They probably have a gigantic budget!

I really hope they maintain this level of quality throughout the series.

I wouldn't be surprised, this is after all Macross LOL

For some reason though, this macross seem to reenact the first meetings of Min Mai (sp?) and Hikaru.
What do you mean by "this is Macross after all"? Have you seen Macross 7? >_<

And yeah they're definitely making little nods to the original series.
NiX Wrote:What do you mean by "this is Macross after all"? Have you seen Macross 7? >_<

And yeah they're definitely making little nods to the original series.
Oh yeah, the one with the songs? *facepalm* my bad
Well in fairness, I liked the Macross 7 music. But in terms of animation quality, it definitely sucked balls. LOL

EDIT: Oh and Macross II was also particularly bad. Ishtar is its only good point. -_-
7 was just above average for me all in all... but I knida liked it anyway just that the beggining of the story was kind of a drag

the preview of ep3 of frontier seems to say the three are gonna get stuck somewhere hehe thre are probably gonna reenact the part where min mai and hikaru are gonna get stuck somewhere but with a twist which is no suprise.
episode 3 shows that macross frontier is not made for kids Tongue
waah napanood mo na ba??? nakalabas ung subbed version yun !!!

ep2 spoiler kuno

anywayz nahalat nyo na ba ung mga macross 7 connected stuff kasi nung kumanta ung green haired girl (yes I forgot their names ... shame on me XD) nag react ung mga vajra?
i watch the raw versions eh Rofl
Siguro bukas o monday yun subbed ver. Mabilis naman kumalat ang vid eh. Tongue
Yes Macross 7 is directly connected.

Pretty much the only point of Macross 7 was that songs had the power to affect our very life forces. Spiritia, as they called it. In Macross Zero, they explored this concept even more. It's corny, I know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12