The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What's everyone playing now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Fatal Frame really scary/creepy? The scariest game I've played so far is Amnesia - The Dark Descent, hands down.
fatal frame is really scary, try playing it alone at night.
(02-10-2011, 02:50 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Is Fatal Frame really scary/creepy? The scariest game I've played so far is Amnesia - The Dark Descent, hands down.

havent played Amnesia, but ive already gone through Resident Evil 1 to 4, Silent Hill 1 to 3, FEAR 1 to 2 plus expansions, yet Fatal Frame still creeps me out more than all those other games. its creepy mainly due to how familiar the setting is, how dark it is, and how you never know when something is around the corner. it doesnt shock and scare you with gore or visceral stuff. its brand of fear is the type that'll make you hate mirrors especially when you're all alone, or make you paranoid of things in your peripheral vision.
Cool! Great mention of the things to fear, I will play the game later muhahaha.
Speaking of fear, anyone know the game F.E.A.R. Big grin?

Rundown on how things go there:

"Okay, I don't think Alma's here," looks both ways. Takes one of the paths "Okay," walks a distance and finds a dead end. "Darn, have to go back," Turns around.

Alma is right in your face staring at you "SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT!!!!!!!" Shoots wildly and she disappears. Goes back to the intersection. "At least Alma's gone----" Alma is staring right at me as I round the corner "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Yay for Demon's Souls. Stabbity stab with my spear o3o~

F.E.A.R., the first spook is priceless. The ambiance drives you into defensive then Paxton Fettel comes out of nowhere to smash your head in. Priceless.
Playing FF12 Zodiac edition *whatever it's really called*
It's originally in Japanese but good people patched it for free. =D
All voices are in english and I find the voice acting is superior to recent FF13.
The battle flow and effects are (O_____________O) in HD.

The game plays and LOOKS BETTER. I'm happily playing while waiting for MAH-VEL 3!!!~~!~!~doipjsdfakfsd;jklsdf

My face when I found out about the translation.
[Image: gsdx_20110204230206.jpg]
~~~~~~~~~
Looking for more herb references in the game. =D

[Image: gsdx_20110204230216.jpg]

[Image: gsdx_20110210223953.jpg]
~~~~~~~~~
[Image: gsdx_20110211150701.jpg]

I haven't heard any news about it. A ps3 Chaos Legion would be awesome.
(02-12-2011, 05:05 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]F.E.A.R., the first spook is priceless. The ambiance drives you into defensive then Paxton Fettel comes out of nowhere to smash your head in. Priceless.

my favorite scare was the one with the ladder. you know you're completely defenseless when getting on/off them, and then she appears right in your face XD

sadly the expansions and sequel dont compare to the original Sad ending of the second one was just down right wrong.
guu. do you guys still have your F.E.A.R copies?
(02-12-2011, 07:50 AM)Hempire Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't heard any news about it. A ps3 Chaos Legion would be awesome.

OMG i love that game.

BLASPHEMY BOMB SPAM!!!
Mass Effect now works! Clapping
@AA: You can copy mine. I also have FEAR 2, but I don't know which storyline it follows. I'll check it out later.
Dead Space 2.

Freaky. Ass. Shiz.

I hate horror stuff, actually, but at the same time my curiosity drives me to play/watch them. Aside from that, it's a hell of an experience, in more ways than one o3o
currently playng Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2