The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Organized Religion Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(06-23-2010, 07:32 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2010, 07:29 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2010, 06:24 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere along the line, they all forgot about it.

They didn't forget about it. They intentionally ignored it because it meant that they are legally bound to STFU over the matter, which quite frankly I think the CBCP should.

Honestly, we should tax their asses off Jason

Mr. Yang, is that you?

Gah. 'Tis me.

I forgot that she logs in before heading for school Facepalm
(06-23-2010, 11:06 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2010, 07:32 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2010, 07:29 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2010, 06:24 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere along the line, they all forgot about it.

They didn't forget about it. They intentionally ignored it because it meant that they are legally bound to STFU over the matter, which quite frankly I think the CBCP should.

Honestly, we should tax their asses off Jason

Mr. Yang, is that you?

Gah. 'Tis me.

I forgot that she logs in before heading for school Facepalm

I felt there was something weird with that post... Ehehe.
BADASS just came into mind while reading Haywire's... I mean Twinskies' post.
(06-28-2010, 07:06 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]I felt there was something weird with that post... Ehehe.
BADASS just came into mind while reading Haywire's... I mean Twinskies' post.

Would love to see it RL LOL

Random Bishop: Blah blah blah blah blah

Haywire: STFU!!!!!!!
DO IT!
Get excommunicated, hell literally cracks open underneath you and in an instant....HOLY RELICS are at your disposal.

or not....
My cousin told me that during mass yesterday, a dude talking during the announcements part said that the internet, facebook, iPods, etc. are EVIL.

LOL
lol. that dude is asking for it. hhahhahaha
(06-28-2010, 11:15 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]My cousin told me that during mass yesterday, a dude talking during the announcements part said that the internet, facebook, iPods, etc. are EVIL.

LOL

Well of course they're evil Shades

If it weren't for them, those news reports of the church's child rape cases wouldn't have spread like wildfire, and have devastated the Vatican's credibility as some sort of "guardian of morality."

Face it - we are all soooo going to hell ClappingClappingClapping
i'll be practicing my moves in the psychedelic realm. Hopefully when this life ends i'll have the option to use old save game file...just like in the suikoden series.....LOL....me hopes...
[Image: 129205828480094900.jpg]

...wtf?
Quote:e are all soooo going to hell ClappingClappingClapping

Wanna join me instead? I can exempt you people from hell.
Great. Now the CBCP is directly trying to shoehorn their way into the Aquino administration.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/20100627/tp...cd5cf.html

Quote:The Catholic church would not enter into any compromise deal with the incoming administration of President-elect Benigno Aquino III when it comes to sex education and the Reproductive Health bill.

Radio dzBB reported Sunday that Cebu Archbishop Ricardo J. Cardinal Vidal stressed on the importance of consulting with the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines before the Aquino administration makes any decision on these pressing matters.

The RH bill would fund to the population program on a national scale and promote information on and access to both natural and modern family planning methods that are medically safe and legally permissible.

The Education Department, on the other hand, intended to include sex education in the general curriculum of elementary and secondary schools as part of subjects like Health, Filipino, Science, and Livelihood Education.

The incoming president knows where the church stands on sex education and the RH bill, radio dzBB said, referring to what the Archbishop of Cebu had said in an interview.

Vidal also said he would like to become Aquino’s spiritual adviser, something he would like to discuss with the incoming president should they get the chance to meet in the coming days.

At this point, however, the cardinal said he would be offering prayers on behalf of the president-elect knowing the responsibilities Aquino would be shouldering once he takes over the reins of the country’s leadership.

I don't know about you, but I can imagine how having Vidal as an advisor may look like...

[Image: Battle-of-Thermopylae-in-300-Movie-Leoni...Xerxes.gif]

Meanwhile, in Europe...
Pope deplores Belgian sex raids, stresses autonomy
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100627/ap_o...an_belgium

Quote:Pope Benedict XVI lashed out Sunday at what he called the "deplorable" raids carried out by Belgian police who detained bishops, confiscated computers, opened a crypt and took church documents as part of an investigation into priestly sex abuse.

Benedict made a rare personal entry into the escalating diplomatic dispute with Belgium, issuing a message of solidarity to the head of the Belgian bishops' conference and other bishops who were detained in the June 24 raid.

He said justice must take its course, but also asserted the right of the Catholic Church to investigate clerical abuse alongside civil law enforcement authorities.

If they want to help, they should just keep quiet and let the authorities do their job.
Kinda reminds me of the Dark Ages.
(06-28-2010, 09:23 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:e are all soooo going to hell ClappingClappingClapping

Wanna join me instead? I can exempt you people from hell.

Nah, the Catholic hell isn't such a bad place...

John Lennon is going there, as are sex, drugs, and rock and roll...
Gandhi is going to hell (according to the fundies I have met)
Gays and lesbians are going to hell
Stalin is going to hell
Hitler is going to hell

If you think about it, all the interesting people are going to hell. Ninja
Thread renamed just so it doesn't seem like we're just shooting the biggest target. Even though that's exactly what we're doing. LOL

[Image: pope_face_palm.jpg] Will just leave this here for future use.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uX-Aldx-LM0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uX-Aldx-LM0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22