The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Naruto Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
lol @ pd's sleep post.

anyway, I hate that kishimoto is suddenly giving sasuke these random powerups. also, all of his stuff now are like, given to him on a silver platter (courtesy of itachi and orochimaru)
Yeah it's a little weird right? He's got a fetish for eyes. But not the cool kind of fetish.
i dont mind. tbh, itachi uchiha is my most favorite character in this series (and he's got sharingan-he's fuck good in using it too..waaay better than sasugay) it's just that sasugay has been getting random powerups ala ichigo in bleach and not really "training" for em anymore...he just..gets them. and no matter how kishi tries to make him seem cool, he just..isnt....not on the level of itachi or kakashi or whatever.

so far, the most awesome of the newer characters are killer bee and the raikage,hands down.
Killer Bee is pretty ok, though I don't really like his speech pattern. -_- Raikage though, is the greatest character to grace this manga in a really long time. He's so kakoi~! I'd love to see him use more ninjutsu than just his Raiton though.

As for Sasuke getting random powers on a silver platter, well that's been a recurring theme in the manga - just reflects how the world itself isn't fair. Some people are born good or get all the breaks while others simply have to work for things and just suck it up.
I think Naruto's the middle ground for what you just say boss nix don't you think?

anyway barring flashbacks Im pretty sure the naruto and sasuke face off would be next episode.

god now Im also wishing naruto comes into the fight already Sasuke needs a paddling Chair
killer bee is great because of this one page.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/413/10-11/
so that's how you beat sasuke use wrestling moves LOL

though I really liked the spinning blades of death move more.
Killer bee is rad, I think I actually do like him more than the Raikage because he writes songs in the middle of fights. I just enjoy the campiness of the guy. Itachi is rad, too.

Yeah, I think "Sasuke gets the easy power-ups cuz he sold his soul to the devil" was supposed to be one of the themes. The annoying thing is that every so-called drawback gets thrown out because "he is Sasuke the genius." The cursed seal was nothing for him to use, the Orochimaru powers were at his beck and call, and Itachi handed him a Mangekyo Sharingan. He's already used that MS like 6-7 times in this fight without any real problems. The blood from the eyes looks more cool than painful at this point. Go figure.

The original themes were "hard work pays off" and "fate isn't absolute," but those don't really hold true anymore. Neji was right. Naruto is the destined child, son of the 4th, and has a beast with infinite chakra tucked away inside him. He's destined for stardom. Naruto will beat the fate Madara talked about...but that's only because fate already decided something else for him. His dad even took Madara into account in setting his boy up for victory. Rock Lee was the best representation of hard working aside from Naruto but he doesn't have the genes, eyes, or beasts to make him truly great. All he got for his troubles was broken limbs, life-threatening surgery, and an off-panel fight with himself. What a shame.

I think it's been said in this thread already, but imo the author is a hack writer. In part 1 he was not bad, but part 2 is weak as a story. I only read it for the nice artwork and interesting character designs, and because I read it for so long that I want to see it through. Oh, and most importantly, because it's free. I'd drop it in a heartbeat if it wasn't free.
bdw, kishimoto oficially mentioned(forgot the link to that) that when left to develop, itachi and minato ARE the most talented and potentially powerful shinobi in naruto. they are also speculated to be counterparts of each other (one heralded as a great hero, one as a tragic one. both also gave something to naruto that they hope he'd never use or never break...(itachi's power, and naruto breaking the seal for kyubi))

its always established that sasuke was a genius, but there were better geniuses out there (kakashi, itachi, minato,pain) so i cant just digest that he can suddenly wtfpwn people. he also seems to use the mangekyou sharingan crappier than even kakashi. his usage of tsukiyomi is not as subtle as itachi's and he just keeps spamming amaterasu. his susanoo got a rib cracked too.

sasuke's "power of darkness" thing made me cringe when i read it. its just so corny.
(09-19-2009, 05:41 AM)arch_angel Wrote: [ -> ]its always established that sasuke was a genius, but there were better geniuses out there (kakashi, itachi, minato,pain) so i cant just digest that he can suddenly wtfpwn people. he also seems to use the mangekyou sharingan crappier than even kakashi. his usage of tsukiyomi is not as subtle as itachi's and he just keeps spamming amaterasu. his susanoo got a rib cracked too.

sasuke's "power of darkness" thing made me cringe when i read it. its just so corny.

Absolutely. I agree 100%!
it's like kishimoto is all clamp with 'power of darkness'. it almost looks like he's buttering up sasoooke for them fangurls!
still makes me cringe....
ei been rereading the pain fight and something I didn't notice before

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/440/08/

the 4th only sealed half so ... any ideas on this ... I haven't seen much info about this as ... well ... you know ... sasuke gets more screen time and wat not XD

I now have been fully converted to the anti sasuke side LOL
Yeah, Minato split the Kyuubi's chakra into Yin and Yang parts. One part was hidden away and the other was sealed into Naruto. I guess that just shows how much more chakra the Kyuubi has compared to the other bijuu.
about time raffy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12