The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The People of Armored Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Can't help it, it's a time of peace. You sound like a veteran warmonger wishing for more trouble lol I can imaginge veteran soldiers thinks this way. Like "man, I was owning back in WWI! But WWII was just plain imba.. All the weapon stats are all broken! I mean c'mon..A fucking Nuke?! Seriously ?!" -____-
(09-21-2012, 05:57 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]Can't help it, it's a time of peace. You sound like a veteran warmonger wishing for more trouble lol I can imaginge veteran soldiers thinks this way. Like "man, I was owning back in WWI! But WWII was just plain imba.. All the weapon stats are all broken! I mean c'mon..A fucking Nuke?! Seriously ?!" -____-

What's your problem? The man was just reminiscing about the old days. Is there something wrong with that?

I'm one of those who still prefer playing the older games and I honestly don't give a damn about the ones released on the PS3. You gonna call me a warmonger as well?
(09-21-2012, 05:57 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]Can't help it, it's a time of peace. You sound like a veteran warmonger wishing for more trouble lol I can imaginge veteran soldiers thinks this way. Like "man, I was owning back in WWI! But WWII was just plain imba.. All the weapon stats are all broken! I mean c'mon..A fucking Nuke?! Seriously ?!" -____-

And you sound like the kid who hasn't fought in the war "Aww man, I can't understand these old farts and their sexy scars". Maybe I should explain a few things Wink

Deemer is right. Friendships born upon real life contact (In this case, Armored Core's physical tournaments) tend to last much much longer. Just look at communities built around it, people from ACG and RH for example (RH most notably, since the community have been that close knit since the days of Core Dump back in the late 1990's), if you look at their forums they are still pretty active because their friendships were forged through physical contact that it withstood geographical divisions (Most were in California, but the rest are spread throughout the US) and time (almost 14 years now).

It's really interesting, you'll see some members grow, some get married, others become successful, while others, well, not so good things happened. However you'll see that they really stick to each other, and the same goes for the core group of RR, at least the ones who meet up regularly and all. We've all grown up and drifted apart, but we still talk of the good old times when people were young and, so it is no surprise that people miss each other and the times when they would meet often.

Come to think about it, I'd say RR is pretty damn lucky that most of its members live in Metro Manila, which is fairly accessible for each other. Just close enough for fairly regular meet ups even not involving AC. Like burger raids and all. Big grin

If ever, refer to Nix's article for more of what I'm talking about. It's a really good read and worth your time.
(09-21-2012, 09:07 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]at least the ones who meet up regularly and all.

Ah em so left out XD

One day... one day.
Quote:And you sound like the kid who hasn't fought in the war "Aww man, I can't understand these old farts and their sexy scars". Maybe I should explain a few things Wink

Deemer is right. Friendships born upon real life contact (In this case, Armored Core's physical tournaments) tend to last much much longer. Just look at communities built around it, people from ACG and RH for example (RH most notably, since the community have been that close knit since the days of Core Dump back in the late 1990's), if you look at their forums they are still pretty active because their friendships were forged through physical contact that it withstood geographical divisions (Most were in California, but the rest are spread throughout the US) and time (almost 14 years now).

It's really interesting, you'll see some members grow, some get married, others become successful, while others, well, not so good things happened. However you'll see that they really stick to each other, and the same goes for the core group of RR, at least the ones who meet up regularly and all. We've all grown up and drifted apart, but we still talk of the good old times when people were young and, so it is no surprise that people miss each other and the times when they would meet often.

Come to think about it, I'd say RR is pretty damn lucky that most of its members live in Metro Manila, which is fairly accessible for each other. Just close enough for fairly regular meet ups even not involving AC. Like burger raids and all. Big grin

If ever, refer to Nix's article for more of what I'm talking about. It's a really good read and worth your time.

I see. Sorry Deemer, didn't mean to offend =l
I guess you could say that. I haven't even met you guys yet nor have I experience any of those events you're talking about. Truth be told, I've never met anyone online in real life yet. So yeah, sorry =)

@Skreija too, sorry dude I didn't mean warmonger in a bad way so,peace man
(09-21-2012, 09:47 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I see. Sorry Deemer, didn't mean to offend =l
I guess you could say that. I haven't even met you guys yet nor have I experience any of those events you're talking about. Truth be told, I've never met anyone online in real life yet. So yeah, sorry =)

It's cool man, we actually look forward to meeting you in person Tongue. Next time you drop by Manila, let us know. Or maybe if some of us do visit Davao haha.
(09-21-2012, 09:47 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I see. Sorry Deemer, didn't mean to offend =l

Apology accepted. Didn't really mean to snap but sometimes, I can get pretty touchy about these kinds of things. Partly because of the reason that most of the friends I've made while playing the games have all moved on to other pastures.
I leave for one second and this happens
lol, all is good.....me and my friends may not play AC anymore. but some of my closest friends these days are actually old ACG members located on the US east coast who came to one of my first tourneys. I still get together with a lot of guys from way back then. members like Wraith(OLD acg member, lol) who moved to New York City recently(an hour south of where I live). some of us get together and every couple of weeks for various reasons to hang out and have fun.......I actually just saw wraith last weekend.

Armored Core has always been a niche game, but its created some of the greatest communities I think, both online and offline.
Somehow, I know the war veteran feel. Ahaha.

If not for that failed tournament, we couldn't have become this close.
(09-22-2012, 10:13 AM)Deemer Wrote: [ -> ]lol, all is good.....me and my friends may not play AC anymore. but some of my closest friends these days are actually old ACG members located on the US east coast who came to one of my first tourneys. I still get together with a lot of guys from way back then. members like Wraith(OLD acg member, lol) who moved to New York City recently(an hour south of where I live). some of us get together and every couple of weeks for various reasons to hang out and have fun.......I actually just saw wraith last weekend.

Armored Core has always been a niche game, but its created some of the greatest communities I think, both online and offline.

It's absolutely the same here at RR. Smile
(09-22-2012, 10:13 AM)Deemer Wrote: [ -> ]lol, all is good.....me and my friends may not play AC anymore. but some of my closest friends these days are actually old ACG members located on the US east coast who came to one of my first tourneys. I still get together with a lot of guys from way back then. members like Wraith(OLD acg member, lol) who moved to New York City recently(an hour south of where I live). some of us get together and every couple of weeks for various reasons to hang out and have fun.......I actually just saw wraith last weekend.

Just yesterday we had burgers with some RR's members Tongue Did anyone take pictures of the mountain of burgers we got? or how about that time where I was doing some burger muscle from a delivery of Mc Donalds last year?
From the annual Christmas Party last 12/29/12. Forgot to post this one due to all the holiday chaos.

[Image: christmasparty2012.jpg]

I didn't realize the camera was skewed towards the right here. LOL
Who's the guy with the bucket?
(02-05-2013, 02:02 PM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]Who's the guy with the bucket?

A man with an identity that must be kept hidden for his own protection.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16