The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The People of Armored Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I wish my woodshop during Highschool allowed me to make a weapon. Instead I had to make a foot-stool XD
(08-25-2012, 06:31 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]I wish my woodshop during Highschool allowed me to make a weapon. Instead I had to make a foot-stool XD

Never had a woodshop class, I did however get as automotive class. Dismantling something could have never been more boring, well except for that one time we almost killed the prof ...
(08-25-2012, 07:15 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2012, 06:31 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]weapon. a foot-stool XD

that one time we almost killed the prof ...

Proof that you can turn certain things into a weapon
(08-25-2012, 07:33 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2012, 07:15 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2012, 06:31 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]weapon. a foot-stool XD

that one time we almost killed the prof ...

Proof that you can turn certain things into a weapon
Even bagels

For those of you who are wondering what the katana looks like the here it is.

Sheathed
[Image: Photoon8-25-12at1130AM.jpg]

Drawn, yes it's broken
[Image: Photoon8-25-12at1130AM2.jpg]

And a riot shield for kicks, last time I make one based off the Freedom's shield, though I never finished it
[Image: Photoon8-25-12at1131AM.jpg]

And back
[Image: Photoon8-25-12at1132AM.jpg]
i know im probobly late on this buuut the party never ends right?
Saika Darkmoon
[Image: ?view=att&th=139624f562d3d385&attid=0.2&...Vui_8OFt-k]
this is my BRS cosplay from 2 years ago (no up to date pictures sadly)

[Image: ?view=att&th=139624f562d3d385&attid=0.2&...Vui_8OFt-k]

another picture
(08-26-2012, 12:40 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you who are wondering what the katana looks like the here it is.

Sheathed
[Image: Photoon8-25-12at1130AM.jpg]

Drawn, yes it's broken
[Image: Photoon8-25-12at1130AM2.jpg]

That does not look like a katana at all. A katana is characterized by its curved form. Though I can't deny that it's beauitiful if only it was finished(paint and all). And if you did finish it and turned it into a real weapon, I would want to try some sessions on it to see how it would fare =D
Well I was thinking MH longsword at the time, but good results were pervasive.
here is a pic from way back at our NY SL tourney.
several members from the ACG are in it including myself,

from left to right.
Mirshan is the one giving the middle finger.
Zeal is the little Filipino guy kneeling in the front wearing the black jacket
Blight is the balding guy in the middle.
Bigphil(SL legend) is the one looking to the right
I'm the one wearing the bucket hat.
setsuna is the one furthest on the right.

the rest are people who never visited any forums

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc159...group2.jpg
Almost all AC players I've seen look like normal people.
Keyword, 'look' XD.
(09-18-2012, 12:05 AM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]Keyword, 'look' XD.

It's very deceiving.

But seriously, it's a good thing. I still think if anybody would've played me back then if I looked like a complete retard.
Things don't look as hardcore now. Do they still organize meets like that in the US?
I haven't heard anything about any big US tourney or get togethers in years.

the two largest US tourneys were MoC(masters of California) and NY bash(the one I hosted), and neither one has done anything since LR.

Mirshan and I stopped running our annual NY Bash tourney after LR, cuz our LR tourney despite a turnout of over 30 people, was one of the most boring tourneys either of us have ever seen. LR's broken systems make it a rather bad tourney game. SL was honestly the last game that that worked well as a tourney, so there has not been much interest in large AC gatherings since SL.

I know there were a few attempts at running tourneys for AC4, but as far as I know none of em ever got enough interest to actually happen. Hell, the official "AC4 online tourney" hosted by Sega themselves had to be canceled due to not enough people signing up for it
Who knows, there could be illegal underground AC tourneys that happen behind our backs. Ahaha.

You should fly over here if we ever think of having PACT7. It would probably still be LR.
would be epic, I do really miss playing. Setsuna, MIrshan, a couple other nearby friends and I used to get together almost every week for our own epic play. Mirshan and I used to have some of the craziest battles that were legendary online way back in the day. the last time I can remember playing any AC game seriously was when the ACG's Mr. Robot came to a BBQ of ours like 2 years ago and we popped in SL for fun. LR may not be my game, but I don't hold anything against it when viewing the series as a whole. I hated LR at the time, but I would trade a million ACV's for one LR now to be honest.

Sometimes I feel like an old war guy reliving his glory days when it comes to old AC. so many gatherings and tourneys, so many awesome people. I have met just about every big AC name from the ACG including RebelsoulPK, and Shadowspear, I miss making such great friends from such a great game. I guess I just get bitter sometimes cuz I just don't see the same simple fun and person to person enjoyment in the US anymore. prob why I semi retired and have sorta settled over here. I may be a world away, but I can appreciate the closeness you guys have, something the rest of the AC community lacks nowadays.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16