Current time: 05-15-2024, 01:13 AM
PACT Regulations for LR
I'd rather not have any changes besides the original regulations we've set and used from PACT3. Its a bit troublesome to be changing rules a few weeks before the tournament as some people have already created their ACs. Changing rules after the tournament announcement just isn't professional (as much as we're always late in starting our own events Tongue).

Let's just drop this and maybe resume after the whole thing is done. Further discussion of this topic at the moment might confuse some readers into thinking that the regulations being proposed would be for the upcoming PACT4 tournament. Though, let me just say that I'm already happy with our regulations, and it did serve us well for 3 tournaments without any problems.
Yep. Let's keep the current rules. Two weeks is a short time to test some of the rules for PACTIV. The time for testing/discussions can be used to practicie to PACT or to get back to playing AC.

But let's continue on the discussions for future PACTs, as you guys said.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
LCC Wrote:I decided to have a go at making the most broken AC based on this ban list and this is what I came up with:

HEAD : CR-H05XS-EYE3 (0/0/4/6/0)
CORE : CR-C83UA (0/3/0/6/0)
ARMS : YA10-LORIS (0/0/6/4/0)
LEGS : CR-LH96FA (7/0/0/3/0)
BOOSTER : CR-B83TP (0/0/0/10)
GENERATOR : CR-G91 (0/9/1)
RADIATOR : ANANDA (0/0/10)
FCS : MONJU
INSIDE : NONE
EXTENSION : E01MG-ROE
BACK UNIT RIGHT : WB27O-HARPY2
BACK UNIT LEFT : CR-WB73MV
ARM UNIT RIGHT : CR-WR98L
ARM UNIT LEFT : CR-WL69LB
HANGER UNIT RIGHT : NONE
HANGER UNIT LEFT : NONE

OPTIONAL PARTS
O01-ANIMO
CR-O69ES
KISSYOH
CR-O79L+
O03-CODON
O04-GOLGI

Drop the blade as soon as the match begins. Drop the verts or orbits if you're not fast enough relative to your opponent.

WR98L is already top tier without ROE1/2, so adding any extra ammo at all makes it the best weapon in the game, even without other extensions. The design itself is able to hang back, backpedal all day while spamming verts and harpy2's, all while starting out with an early AP lead + a lot of def. If someone gets close, you just back away while spamming highly accurate shots that will have no trouble out damaging the other guy since you'll be dodging and having high def. I can't see any other AC being able to beat this as long as the pilot knows what they're doing, unless the opponent is running something similar or has a super powerful hand combo (RS + Griffon).

Well we tried it out for several rounds. It's a good AC but it didn't fare any better than any other top tier design. It's looks broken on paper because it's a combination of all the known top tier/broken parts but they actually didn't work together that well. It's definitely not game breaking.

So yeah, looks like our rules still hold.
I can't remember if we already went through this before but how about allowing TP & Pegasus for ACs equipped with weapon arms?

As many of us know, weapon-arms are at a huge disadvantage because of generally poor defense, no tuning, inability to drop when ammo has been spent, and no lockbox buffing.

Probably the only questionable case here is CETUS with TP... and maybe the big GL arms.

Hrm. Another poll?

Note: This is to be applied after PACT 4, of course.
I have nothing against allowing TPs and/or Pegasus for weapon arms. As Nix mentioned, weapon arms have a lot of disadvantages on their side. And they generally relatively have less ammo than single/double wielders because of not having the hangar ability (if ever, they'll be forced to use EOs to add attack).

The only bonus they get is the instant double high damage (e.g. Cetus second mode has around 1300+ attack power per bullet shot, and it shoots two).
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Unf, AC's with weapon arms are lighter. The TP and Pegasus will give them a speed advanage. But thinking carefully, weapon arms also have lesser defense [almost very very little defense actually], making the excess speed a defense balancer. With so much speed, they won't be needing OB's. and WILL aim for the EO's instead. But since they do't have much ammo, They will forget about the pegasus and equip just the TP instead so that they cold get more space for back weapons.

Anyways, here's something I talked to Rick and Fox back when we were to pick up the kids two weeks ago at the Station.

Main+Subs Line Up System:
Allows the participant to bring in 3 AC's in the tourney in the condition that he is only allowed to use one sub per match.

So basically, the line up will look like this:
AC01: Main [May be used up to 2 times per match]
AC02: Sub1 [May be used up to 2 times per match, but not if Sub2 has been used in a past round in the match]
AC03: Sub2 [May be used up to 2 times per match, but not if Sub1 has been used in a past round in the match]
* Subs may repeat parts from each other, but must not have parts from the Main,

At the beginning of the [preferably, best 2 out of 3] match, he must decide which sub he will use in the match, because the Main must be used every match.

OK, let's say a match started between Fox and CZ.
Fox decided to use his Sub1 at the first round. and CZ his Main.
Fox wins.
Fox must now use his Main AC, because he already used his Sub1 and is no longer allowed to use Sub2 because he already chose to use his Sub1 for the match. CZ chose to use his Sub2.
CZ Wins
Now, Fox may choose between his Main and Sub1 and CZ between his Main and Sub2
Whoever wins, Who cares. Just kidding.

This method has good points.
- Players may now bring the same AC, with different weapon setups through Sub1 and 2.
- Players may now prepare for their silent rivalries. [bwahaha]
- More design freedom, but only up to a certain point.

Bad Points:
- Abusing a good AC Chassis through variations by setting it as a Sub.

In theory, this system will help most players gain advantages over opponents. Basically, Everyone may become better than everyone design-wise.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Standard 2-on-2 rules (draft, open to discussion):

Standard PACT rules and regulations apply.
Standard PACT part bans for LR still apply.

Game format:
-Team Battle with no leader in the options setting.
-5 minute rounds, best of 3.
-5 minute rounds, best of 5 for the finals.

Team pairing process: *to be discussed*

Rules are added to facilitate 2-on-2 matches:

1. Two contestants may enter as a team, with 1 AC for each person, for a total of 2 ACs per team.

2. Team members may switch places between the two (Essentially, a teammate uses his teammate's AC and vice-versa) at any time during the tournament at the team's own risk. Any alterations in AC design are prohibited except for swapping paint jobs and emblems.

3. A team's AC designs may be similar and may use similar parts with each other so as long as they conform to PACT rules on designs.

4. A ring out by one team member means that he is out of the match, but this does not necessarily mean that the team has lost and the other team member may choose to continue the current match.

Now these are simply draft rules for a possible 2-on-2 tournament and nothing final for the moment. However a lot of work needs to be done especially with regards to facilitating absentees during the tournament itself, as well as making pairs for teams. One suggestion is to draw a lottery if teams aren't formed by the time a specific cut off date arrives, but any other ideas will be taken into account. Any other ideas?
I'm cool with all of that. Even with the swapping of ACs in the middle of a match. LOL
with those rules... it's fine with me... especially with the 1 AC entry for each person (coz I can't really think of another design for a 2 AC entry per person this time Chair )

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Haha you can always use the same ACs you used the last time. Nothing wrong with that.
Ehehe... walang makikipag swap sakin. ahaha.

2 AC's per team lang? I'm thinking 2 per player, change AC per round, but this time ok lang repeats.
Kasi too restricting yung 2 AC's per team.

Higher tiers choose their wingmen for pairings. Para balanse.
@PACTChamp: PICK ME! LOL
I'll still pick rick ... but only as long as nobody is playing cammy in sf4 nearby XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Ah, 2 units malamang ang gagamitin. So expect nobody playing cammy beside you.
We'll all do good as long as nobody shouts 'SAKURAGI'
LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 65,492 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,547 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 326,733 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT 6 NiX 36 47,252 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM