Current time: 06-29-2024, 04:10 PM
Demon's Souls
Monster Hunter + Shadow of the Colossus
(06-11-2009, 07:46 AM)maitreya Wrote: So, I should get this game, right?

If you're into action RPGs like FF12 and Monster Hunter, yes. Otherwise, it can be quite a tough pill to swallow since it's unforgiving and quite sparse in some areas. I dunno... it lacks oomph and polish in some places (just like Armored Core lol).

But yeah, if you can get past that, you'll find some pretty rewarding gameplay.
yes and you will rage alot at first....but once you get past the first boss...it's fun time!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Thread necro, but wow, the reception for this game has been very positive in the western market. It gets a 90 in metacritic Ohmy

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform...7s%20Souls
Demon's Souls game of the year: Gamespot
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
From finally hitting the spot?
Got an R1 copy at V-Mall the other day, and have not been playing (or watching) anything else for the past week.

No auto-blocks, no button prompts, and huge bosses, and no pre-set attacks. Now THIS is hardcore RPG'ing! LOLLOLLOL

It makes Dragon Age look like cakewalk

Anybody else playing?
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Dude, i do believe we already have a topic like this in existence. Please check here for input from the other players - http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=1815

Hey, super mods, split and merge or lock and delete?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Threads merged.
Supamods!!! Nice!!~~ Please make sure you back up the content of the site~~ <<< Hopefully it won't cost you? <<< I dunno>> Does it cost something? How do u back up the site??? **LOOks at Snake AVATAR** OP____OP
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Ok, I'm playing actively along with Goat and Fox over the recent days. This is probably due to Dark Souls being released this October (September in Japan).

Been re-making characters and am now concentrating on making a hybrid Faith and Strength build. My current goal is to make a Crushing Crescent Axe +5 and a +5 Blessed weapon of some sort to complement the slow but high single hit damage of the axe. That and the Axe has an uninterpretable attack combo which should decimate even the toughest opponents. Dunno if I should give it a bow (Lava Bow) by putting 4 points in dex in exchange for some faith.

Second character is basically a super hyper mode character with near critical HP weilding a Demonbrant and Morian Blade along with both Rat rings.
Been concentrating on a ranged character this time, after that Knight i played last year. Currently building up a lvl65 Huntress, focusing mostly on STR and DEX. Got most of the realms conquered now and am just gathering materials to strengthen the wargear before i finish the Blue Dragon and ol' King Allant himself. Armaments currently consist of a Sticky Compound Longbow for ranged work and dual-wielding a Mercury Uchigatana/Crescent Uchigatana combo for melee.

EDIT - Sorry for the typo. That was a Mercury Uchigatana i was using, not a Dragon Uchigatana. The sword that i used the dragonstones on was actually a Knight Sword.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Ooh, tried making a quality Uchigatana? Stacks ok with Str and Dex.

You might try the Hiltless/Gripless too if you can upgrade them and you plan on putting a lot of points on Dex as the damage bonus from Dex becomes S rank once it reaches +5. Buff them with Turpentine for some burning action Big grin Just pair it with a regen spell or a +5 Adjudicator shield, the damage per swing to your character is 3% every time Sad
Going to make another character after I go home, with the same path as Rick's hybrid STR and FAITH. I want to utilize the Moonlight sword's full potential. I already have another that can wield the Blind quite nicely, although I don't have the weapon yet.

Has anyone (with DEX as your char's primary stat) tried the Penetrating Sword? Wonder if it's worth it. The sword's R2 attack is just too long and hard not to notice! It was almost on par when I compared its R2 attack to a +5 Crushing Knight's Sword with an STR/DEX character (this being primarily STR though). A bit too heavy for a long sword though.
Haven't tried it, but it seems to be good if you pair it up with bows or a Hiltless on your left (or sharp Uchigatana if you don't like the nasty damage on yourself). You can use the Hiltless to poke while you stab with the Penetrating sword at longer ranges, though the slow stabbing animation might leave you prone to retaliation.

In case you were wondering, both Sharp Uchigatana and Hiltless give huge damage bonuses from Dex when upgraded.
If that's the case, Hiltless it is then. I'm better off backstabbing and parrying instead. LOL

From what I know, you don't get your HP drained when backstabbing and using riposte with a Hiltless.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls (aka Project Dark) Twin-Skies 259 372,482 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Dark Souls 3 Lord_Leperman 4 7,937 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Dark Souls 2 Lord_Leperman 93 118,039 10-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Project Dark = Demon's Souls 2? Twin-Skies 3 7,308 10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Last Post: NiX