Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:38 PM
Demon's Souls
Monster Hunter + Shadow of the Colossus
So Obscure made this post on ACO and it caught my eye. The draw is the customization and difficulty. You design your character from scratch and can choose what weapon they wield. Reading up on gamer testimonials it does sound really difficult (and looked even more so after I checked it out).

It's supposedly a sleeper hit in Japan, selling out really quickly. Also, the Asian version supposedly has English voiceover and subtitles, so you can understand what the hell is going on.

Oh yeah, it's made by FROM Software, which might explain the sleeper-hit-in-Japan thing.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzQWzfy-l8c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzQWzfy-l8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/awTag3BWc80&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/awTag3BWc80&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/88Hc85xHMA4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/88Hc85xHMA4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Oh no..........i'm getting the addicting OCness again from watching more videos....kinda wish they'd put a dash and jump =D but i'll take the game for what it is.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
And we have ignition.
Dude, this looks epic.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i wonder if there will be any new things on USversion....also i hope asian version can play with the NA version...if so then i'll be getting the Asian version...still waiting for people to trade with my Resistance2 and GTA4 on tipidpc.com. Willing to trade my Re5 for this also. "YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!!!"
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

Looks really interesting. Sadly I've been averse to playing anything resembling Monster Hunter lately because of too much MH. Hope the feeling is gone by the time the NA release comes out.

By the way, you guys can get it in english already. Buy the HK (Asian) version on playasia. Make sure it's not the Japanese one. Some of the guys on the MH forums have been playing this game for months now.
(05-22-2009, 01:25 PM)Sforza Wrote: Buy the HK (Asian) version on playasia.

Problem with Play-Asia is no one here has completed a successful transaction with them yet...
I saw one in Datablitz in Powerplant mall just yesterday. It was the asian version with the english text.
You can buy it in tipidpc.com...well not from them from people who post items there. Ask Itech i think they have it too, but i don't wanna buy it brand new.

Edit: i asked itech in market2 they have demon souls (r3) 2,600php if you pay cash...credit card would be 2690php.

Been slaying demons for two days now...god damn it this game is addictingly hard...which i like! Had so many epic fights...at first i was like wtf with the difficulty...then after a few hours i got used to it then it was epic fight after epic fight! When you have the game just message me, i'll be glad to KILL MYSELF *in game of course* in order to become a spirit that you can summon... =D

I just got this game yesterday. It really is difficult; expect to die often. Part of the frustration in the game is that you need "souls" for just about everything, it's like the in-game currency. They're easy to obtain and collect, but they're also just as easy (if not easier to lose).

Combat is quite challenging since everything you do takes away energy. You'll have to manage that besides attacking, defending and evading. The parry -> riposte gets to be an extremely integral part of survival even just ten minutes into the game. Or at least, it does with the Thief class.

It's true, it is addicting. I found myself going back to the console about 10 minutes after I turned it off.
(06-09-2009, 10:11 PM)Grim Wrote: I just got this game yesterday. It really is difficult; expect to die often. Part of the frustration in the game is that you need "souls" for just about everything, it's like the in-game currency. They're easy to obtain and collect, but they're also just as easy (if not easier to lose).

Combat is quite challenging since everything you do takes away energy. You'll have to manage that besides attacking, defending and evading. The parry -> riposte gets to be an extremely integral part of survival even just ten minutes into the game. Or at least, it does with the Thief class.

It's true, it is addicting. I found myself going back to the console about 10 minutes after I turned it off.

need halp? I'll be online later this evening, let's slay some demons !

(06-10-2009, 04:38 PM)Hempire Wrote: need halp? I'll be online later this evening, let's slay some demons !

I'll be on in a couple of hours. Let's see what scourge we can slay. Smile
(06-10-2009, 05:21 PM)Grim Wrote:
(06-10-2009, 04:38 PM)Hempire Wrote: need halp? I'll be online later this evening, let's slay some demons !

don't expect too much i'm not that strong =D

(06-10-2009, 06:31 PM)Hempire Wrote:
(06-10-2009, 05:21 PM)Grim Wrote:

don't expect too much i'm not that strong =D

Neither am I, yo! LOL
So, I should get this game, right?
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls (aka Project Dark) Twin-Skies 259 350,513 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Dark Souls 3 Lord_Leperman 4 7,308 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Mjting