Current time: 05-11-2024, 10:38 AM
Dark Souls 2
Gentlemen, let us travel through the abyss together.
Continuing from the last post of the original Dark Souls thread we have...

Coming March 2014. Now, the reason that spurred this thread is well, so we can talk about DkS2. I know Goat was invited for beta testing, so maybe he can give us some inputs?

Also, the latest FB post by the official DkS2 page has this info:

Quote:Main Covenants introduction:
-Way of Blue: Covenant with divine protection of gods of Blue. When apostles of Blue are invaded by dark spirits, they can receive assistance from other Way of Blue members.

-Blue Sentinels: Covenant to protect the blue apostles from the merciless beings. Let players be automatically summoned in the worlds of Blue apostles who have been invaded by dark spirits.

-Brotherhood of Blood: Covenant of immortals haunted by blood. Its purpose is to sacrifice blood for Nahr Alma, god of war. through repeated invasion to many player's world.

-Heirs to the Sun: Worship of the sun, now a lost belief, was once widespread amongst great warriors. Its purpose to help other players.

-Bell Keepers: The twin bells symbolize the bond between two lovers who could never be united. The bell keepers are their eternal guardians.

I like that there's a Way of Blue covenant that automatically warps itself to players who are in need of assistance from invading players. That said, there might be a possibility of having more than one invader at a time in a player session, thus necessitating the automatic alliance mechanic of the Way of Blue.

Also, with what's said in the quote about the Heirs to the Sun covenant, it hints that DkS2 is likely a sequel to the story of DkS instead of the speculated prequel as some people thought. So, what do you thing is the canon ending of the first game then?
Sunbros 2.0 plz.

Although I like how the lore of Brotherhood of Blood sounds.

The canon ending could go either way, since both endings can support the Sunbros disbanding (The rekindled fire from the first ending could eventually die out anyway, despite The Chosen Undead rekindling it. The second ending, well, no more fire.)

Is cross-platforming a thing now by the by? I will get this no doubt, but so that I can play it constantly I want to get it for the PC (Good thing GFWL will die next year). Or might get it for both. meep.

I am so hyped for this like hnggggg.
One new thing I came across during the last 5 minutes of the first beta testing was that you'll get summoned to another world of a player in human form to assist in repelling the invader, assuming you are on human form as well. You'll be on soul form during that time though.

Other than that, I missed the rest of the CBTs. I only found out later on when I logged in on my PSN account and read those long-overdue invitations. LOL
Story trailer:

Pre-ordered and now waiting for the download to start. EU region so 2 days left. T_T Caved in and got the PS3 version but I'm still going to get a physical copy for the PC version when it comes out like what I did for DkS1. Gonna be a Blue Sentinel!
[Image: 21.jpg]
Death has become my old friend and I welcome it with open arms.

Also this game has Lances now.

You can all find me at www. Iwon'tbecomingoutofmyroomfortheentiretyofsummer .com.co.uk.ph
(03-12-2014, 03:50 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Death has become my old friend and I welcome it with open arms.

You can all find me at www. Iwon'tbecomingoutofmyroomfortheentiretyofsummer .com.co.uk.ph

Let us know how it plays at least. I watched some of the beta videos and it looks pretty similar, some changes to the classes here and there but generally the same mechanics. Hope it's even more difficult hahaha
(03-12-2014, 04:08 PM)Grim Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 03:50 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Death has become my old friend and I welcome it with open arms.

Let us know how it plays at least. I watched some of the beta videos and it looks pretty similar, some changes to the classes here and there but generally the same mechanics. Hope it's even more difficult hahaha

Compared to DkS1, the mobs can kill me in 2-3 hits for some reason. Started as a swordsman btw.
Mobs seem to be stronger, yeah. I started out as a Sorcerer. Using a dagger, I can take them out in 2-3 two-handed R2s, or 4-5 swings one handed if I remember right. Soul Arrow Gatorade Bolt of Doom kills things in 2 hits, having 30 charges. I managed to pump some STR and DEX to use a Longsword, and the swings are wide and can AoE, while the 2-handed R2 is a thrust.

Dual Wielding, now this has me pretty hyped, since I plan to dual-wield Spears/Lances or Sword/Lance or Spear. When you dual-wield daggers (holding triangle when stat requirements are met), your character reverse wields them, and swings twice with one button press. Pressing L2 makes you swing both weapons at once. You swing your right handed weapon normally when you press R1 or R2. With weapons bigger than a dagger, you swing with the right weapon, then left, then right again when you press L1 repeatedly. You swing in an X motion when you press L2.

I'm guessing this 'Power Stance' gains bonuses by being a Quality Bro, or if your weapons are pretty upgraded I guess.

I can't wait to get a Lance.

Lances.

Spears.

Spears and Lances are cool.

Me lieky.

Rrrrrr.
YESSSSSSSS. LANCES.

Also, what the hell is Ornstein doing in here again? O_____o
I have it on my PS3 already but I still can't plaaaaay! The wait is killing me! T____T
(03-12-2014, 04:59 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Dual Wielding, now this has me pretty hyped, since I plan to dual-wield Spears/Lances or Sword/Lance or Spear. When you dual-wield daggers (holding triangle when stat requirements are met), your character reverse wields them, and swings twice with one button press. Pressing L2 makes you swing both weapons at once. You swing your right handed weapon normally when you press R1 or R2. With weapons bigger than a dagger, you swing with the right weapon, then left, then right again when you press L1 repeatedly. You swing in an X motion when you press L2.

Me likey.
Losing so much sleep figuring out the mysteries of this game. I'm currently in the Lost Bastille where I faced off this boss.

Actually a trio of bosses, whom i have no idea how to slay at the same time while solo.

I totally had to ask for help for that. Also, I was mobbed by 7 knights at one time armed with greatswords. This game hurts so good.
Edit/Bump: Oh, FUCK. I think I may just have unleashed Yurt 3.0 in DkS2. Will also head to Sunbro covenant soon, but I first need to find the second bonfire there.
So many covenants and I want to try them all! Currently farming rat tails and Pharros' lockstone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls (aka Project Dark) Twin-Skies 259 354,246 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Dark Souls 3 Lord_Leperman 4 7,383 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Demon's Souls Grim 40 58,016 05-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Ragnarok Princess Of Light And Dark RoninFang 5 10,698 10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Project Dark = Demon's Souls 2? Twin-Skies 3 7,013 10-04-2010, 06:34 PM