The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MMA and Boxing Discussions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(10-27-2009, 08:10 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]But everyone is saying that Shogun got robbed.

Like me. Smile
Actually, i "felt" that too, especially when rogan kept mentioning shogun's kicks. Smile) i tried watching it again with no commentary, hard to judge? YES. easier tho when commentary not around. machida DID land the more "imma want to knock you out" shots tho.
Mute the commentary and just watch. Hahah.
I love Cracked.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-top-eigh...ts-in-mma/

Quote:Bob “The Beast” Sapp is 400 pounds, and if 300 pounds of it aren’t pure steroids, then someone has got to be fucking kidding. Going into his fight with Nogueira, his MMA record was 2-0 against two Japanese fighters 1/3 his size. Both fights were identical: TKO via ape spaz, followed by a post-fight interview of, “Paant! Wheeeeze! Paaaant!”

Antonio Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueria is widely regarded as one of the best heavyweight submission experts ever. So this was not so much a matchup between top contenders as it was a field test of jiu jitsu against wild animals. So no one was ready for the oh shit! when Nogueria shot for a single leg and Bob Sapp gut-wrenched him up from the mat and fucking PILEDRIVED him.

Quote:Fedor Emelianenko is a merciless knockout machine that emerged from the ruins of war torn Stalingrad to avenge the angry dead. Kevin Randleman is a wrestler whose body was kidnapped by science and mostly replaced with horse DNA. After an early takedown by Randleman, Fedor scrambled to his feet and gave Randleman his back. It is stupidly inadequate to say that what followed next was the greatest suplex in the suplexiverse.

LOL

LOL
LOLLOLLOL

Seanbaby is the best internet writer I've read.
I find Sapp and Lesnar very entertaining.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVVrNOQtlzY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVVrNOQtlzY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just another fedor vid. also some quotes from the comments section in bloodyelbow.com

"I think alot of the problem with fighters who fight Fedor they start to beat himand they get over excited that they are getting the best of the best HW in the world and then he gets Arlovskied"

"The only way Fedor loses this is if he knocks himself out."

"The only sure way of stopping Fedor is to go back in time, and stop Skynet from ever being built"
He looks absolutely fearless when he attacks. As if his only care in the world is taking the win. Truly scary indeed.
Fedor fought on last night's Strikeforce card against Brett Rogers. Rogers was surprisingly competitive, withstanding multiple submission attempts and breaking Fedor's nose with a punch in the first round. He was doing well in the clinch, and picking his shots well. He was even able to get Fedor on his back for some ground and pound, even the crowd started chanting "USA-USA!!!" thinking Rogers just might be able to pull off the massive upset. After all, Fedor was smaller by 5 inches and was lighter by about 40 pounds.

...Then Rogers got CRACKED by the loopy punch from hell and crumpled instantly; game over. If you watch the fight videos, you'll hear the punch very clearly.

[Image: 2m7hqu0.jpg] [Image: 2ngh1zt.jpg]

I uploaded the entire fight for you guys if you want to watch. Only 21mb or so, regular quality.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ONB2VL7H
all i can say is WOW. The Last Emperor delivers......it's just like another day in the office for him lol.
First loss? ehehe
It's the exact same punch that made Arlovski go down. Looping right and head down to avoid any counterpunch.

He did it again.
Hahahah I loved how Fedor offed Rogers WHILE the commentator was hyping that black man. Poor Rogers looked like he was going to cry during the interview.
Why do we fall, sir?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22