The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Fitness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
May laxative naman diba? Tongue Kung ganun hintayin mo na nga lang kung ano sasabihin ng dokor tunkol sa kalagayan mo.
Jake: Just read your last post now. Hahah tama yan, I used to play games on a handheld during cardio too.

Hykesenses: Makinig ka kay Leperman, expert yan diyan. LOL
ardjin Wrote:heres my new program

M-W-F

bunny hops w/ 30lbs back pack: sets(4)reps(20)rest(10s)
sit ups w/ 30lbs weights: sets(3)reps(20-22)rest(10s)
right hand deadslip(50lbs):sets(3)reps(20)rest(5s)
left hand deadslip(50lbs):sets(3)reps(20)rest(5s)
right-arm pull ups: sets(3)reps(8-10)rest(30s)
left-arm pull ups: sets(3)reps(8-10)rest(30s)
pull ups(both arm): sets(3)reps(8-10)rest(30s)
push ups w/ 20lbs back pack: sets(3)reps(12-15)rest(30s)

Ako naman, heres my new program.

...HYDROXYCUT!!!!

(Info for those not in the know): It's a pill that acts like steroids for when you go to the gym. Almost triples efficiency and capacity. It really works, but it's not very good for the kidneys/liver.

Anyway, joke lang un.

@ardjin: one-hand pull-ups mo ba, weight assisted kahit ng kunti? At papanong gumawa ng sit-ups na may 30lbs weights?
Gayahin ko kaya si 'Jin? Haha, Me=Macho=Vomit

But it's a good excuse to start getting fit. Haha
Sensya na pre, katabi ko gf ko lols.

Pwera dun, loyal ako, tsaka tamad. Sige, jogging na lang hahahaha

*slap heard in the background*
I have a tip!

Don't do cardio after strength training in the same gym session; if your cardio lasts more than 15 minutes. After that, you end up burning the muscle you gained during the strength training and end up looking stupid.

It's surprising how many people don't follow this.
Well that's only if you use up your glycogen... otherwise, cardio after weights should still be fine. But cardio before the workout or cardio on off-days is generally better.
I like this Doctor.

email Wrote:HEALTH - QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it.. Don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster.. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system.. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body / fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain..Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! . Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO ! Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming : 'Woo Hoo, what a ride!'
Hahahha my brain just exploded after reading that.
If there is such a word a anti-christ, that would be Anti-health.

Or pwede rin anti-matter kung gusto nyo na medyo extreme.
This weekend was really bad for me LOL

In BYOB I ate about 6 burgers, a hotdog sandwich and seven or so small sausages. Then I got up around lunchtime Sunday and ended up eating a chinese buffet with the relatives. Needless to say, I ended up feeling a little bit guilty about eating so much.

Calorie Count:

460 (1 burger) x 6 = 2760
+ 350 (hotdog sandwich with toppings)
= 3110

The last time I counted my daily calorie consumption, it was around 2.8k, therefore I passed it by a lot. Not to mention the additional buffet lunch the next day, which would total 1k calories at least because of all the fat and oil in chinese food. An average person's calorie consumption is around 2.4k, btw.

To make up for it, I went to the gym yesterday and did 700 calories on the stationary bike (about 1 hour non-stop biking). I went back to the gym today and did more cardio but followed it up with intensive high rep weight training (around 700 calories total, if the run is added in). The gym session lasted about 2 hours with about 5 minutes worth of breaks.

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym again to do both cardio and weights on the muscles I didn't work out today. I expect to do about 800 calories. All this should just about break even with the BYOB intake.

I'm also doing this because I'm going wakeboarding in a few weeks D:

Question: Are you guys doing anything to make up for BYOB?

Speaking of which, I read that 5 minutes of intense exercise (top speed running, for example) a week will help prevent clogged arteries but it of course does not replace a good fitness regimen. Dieting will not help much (if at all) in getting rid of an unhealthy intake quickly though.
Yes. I intend to do 2-hour swimming every day for a month. BYOB is NOT HEALTHY.

Cool Jake, where are you beaching?
(03-23-2009, 10:07 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Cool Jake, where are you beaching?

Calatagan, Batangas.
Need to find a rash guard :|
So Jake, how did you count the calories per burger?

I think I ate 4(3?), plus one double patty sandwich later. And five little sausages. And a serving of curry. (My appetite's gone down, apparently.)

I think this adds up to about...3.2k of calories?

Bad thing is, I haven't done anything about it. (I don't excercise. Buti na lang may Mila Big grin)

Kung tutuusin, malapit lang ang CCP. I should do early-morning runs. Maybe a 30-minute jog, done everyday, would do? What do you think? Would eating less every weekday work alongside that? I don't eat as much as I used to anyway, the Tryptophan(an amino acid in Mila) works wonders for hunger pangs.
Did a weight check a day after the BYOB: Still at 217-220 lbs.

Tried running this Monday to check if body was still in shape.

Bloody hell - 2 km in 14 mins, 6 secs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16