The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Fitness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I want it in stop motion.
Even better. Tapos action figure ng Gandamns ang kalaban.
(07-22-2012, 11:35 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh, so you're a practicioner of Kyokushin kaikan then? AEA1 will be interested in that. I've been bugging him to take me to that dojo that he's been going to recently.

Got any pics or videos of you doing any moves like Tate tsuki, Ushiro hiji ate or Oroshi soto kakato geri?

Sorry, we don't use japanese term that much. I just started going to Kyokushin this year. I was originally from Wado Ryu and Moo Duk Kwan, then I switched to Kyokushin after hearing about it from a friend. I also tried shotokan when I was just in grade school. I just got double promoted last week from white to orange stripe by the way so I might not have learned the more advanced moves yet.

I have a few videos of our sparring matches but I wouldn't want you guys to see it. My senpai said my stances were weird since, due to habbit, I tend to use the more elegant but defensive stance of aikido with a mix of shotokan. I think the only reason why I got double promoted in the first place was because I was able to perform the katas perfectly. I had the edge since kyokushin katas was based from shotokan Smile
Awesome indeed. Muay Thai, Arnis, Shotokan and now Kyokushin. And double promoted as well. Worship

Now i really want to see those vids.
I dont like posting vids of sparring where Im winning, so here's a few where I get beaten up =)
Vids were edited by a friend, these were meant for some kind of montage so he took out the music and added slow mo effects on some parts.
Taken yesterday on a welcome sparring session for the newbies

New girl with a rather cute fighting style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5iggUA3ozc

New girl whose darn fast for someone who never tried martial arts before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6fPRlbAwP4

Me and Senpai having fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kXAhjEDdI
If this were a real fight, I would proly end up in the hospital. What do you expect, that guy was an international competitor, and I'm just a noob-___-
I've been jogging lately to add up to my stamina (for no reason really)

and to lose a bit of weight.

I've been doing it everyday last two weeks, then my knee started acting up again so I decided to make it every other day.

Is this better than a daily routine?
i forgot who told me this (iirc it was trace), but jog only twice a week. especially if you are doing other exercises.
I just go to the gym every other day and do weights. No cardio. But the weights I do are increasingly heavy. Read up on 5x5. Its helped me not gain weight due to muscles needing more calories. Bonus side effect is added strength training and looking more toned.
The thing that is keeping me from running more are my knees-too shot up from my karate days. I read up that 3 times a week is fair game. I do strengthening and toning exercises in the days in between.

@ Jake. Thanks will read up for sure.
I'm doing kendo now along with Karate since kendo only happens once a week. Kendo is a lot more physically demanding than I thought
(06-24-2015, 08:27 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm doing kendo now along with Karate since kendo only happens once a week. Kendo is a lot more physically demanding than I thought

Wow, interesting! What's the name of the organization? Do they have any Kendo branches here in Luzon?
Running every other day has been better! Knee does not hurt as much and I still get to lose a bit of fat with a lot of stamina gain.
Racking up the benefits on running so far. Losing belly fat a bit.

Stupid rain sorta boggles the routine down though. :/
what's a good cardio workout that can be done in a small room? and no to jumping jacks. i always end up hitting my leg or arm on a chair or the bed frame ~.~
Omg didn't see your reply there mj. Yeah, they have kendo club there, 2 atleast: Manila Kendo Club and Iga Ken. MKC is the one where I wanna be in, they've been here since the 90's and they have the most japanese senseis. Both clubs have visited Davao Ken to teach since we're the newest club in the country, and i must say i really like MKC's approach Smile

Bit of a warning tho. Kendo monthly fee is relatively cheap, like from 600 to 1k per month, it's the equipment that'll kill you. Roughly 2900 for your gi and hakama, 1500 for a shinai that you need to replace every 4 months, and 16000 to 24000 for the armor when you get to a certain level 6 months later
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16