The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Fitness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(03-01-2010, 01:31 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2010, 10:26 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with all this recent weight loss for me is that it's screwing with the sizing of my clothes. -__________-

At least it's not the other way around and you're not gaining.

I can relate though. My problem is that all the weights are making my clothes tighter around the upper body.

In my case, the boxing gloves are beginning to feel tighter around my forearms, and my shirts feel a tad tighter on my biceps and traps.
Q>

Should I get ankle/wrist weights? Need your input on this.

Thanks Big grin
Are you planning to do a Rock Lee?
Yep, that's about right. Big grin But toned down by a lot, for obvious reasons.

I actually tried them on way back in 3rd year, and the results were predictable. But the burst of speed when I took off the weights felt really good. They could probably help my workout... @_@
playing with knives

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fightenthusi...WnsylQgz4A

I'll get better, wait for updates
Awesome video! You looked so badass. Hahaha
Kaya pala may namukaan ako dun sa vid haha LOL
(03-01-2010, 09:15 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: [ -> ]Q>

Should I get ankle/wrist weights? Need your input on this.

Thanks Big grin

What are you planning to use them for?

If you're planning to jog with the ankle weights, I'd advise against it - my arnis teacher explained that if they're loose, they'll end up dangling from your feet every time you lift your legs, which can cause uneven stress on your ankles.
Just walking on the treadmill, maybe while on the crosstrainer if I can manage it. If the set I get is light enough (or adjustable), maybe even while going about daily business.
(03-04-2010, 08:26 AM)Evil Panda Wrote: [ -> ]Just walking on the treadmill, maybe while on the crosstrainer if I can manage it. If the set I get is light enough (or adjustable), maybe even while going about daily business.

I don't suggest using ankle weights for cardio because you'll only make your leg muscles bigger, and end up tiring yourself faster. Leg weights are useful in sports like swimming, karate, taekwondo and basketball (jumping) though. Instead, you could try raising the incline of the treadmill when walking instead, or to simply move at a faster pace.

Squat thrust push ups works well for cardio too. Works your muscles and takes a lot less time than running on a treadmill.
http://www.myptsmail.com/harold/blog/?p=1304
^ Agree squat thrusts with push ups are really effective. And since I'm an advocate of body weight stuff, cut down on the weights a bit. Remember, functional strength>uber-heavy weight lifting strength
Finally at 170lbs and waist went down to 35(from almost 39) all from dieting and very little exercise. But it really left me weak. At least I can see my ribs again.

Hopefully I can restart my new routine tonight.
Wow, that's awesome progress, JE. Big grin Diet really is the major factor in weight loss.

I now hover between 62-64kg depending on the time of day and how much I ate. Waistline down to 30. Yaaaay. LOL
(05-24-2010, 01:21 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]I now hover between 62-64kg depending on the time of day and how much I ate. Waistline down to 30. Yaaaay. LOL

Lol nix those numbers make me look fat LOL
Dude dami mo na ding na-lose. I was a 34 at one point in time. Those were dark days. Hahah. But really, the weightloss is just related to my recent clothing geekery.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16