The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: i can still draw!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
just noticed something, umm, wheres the rest of her left arm? the one tucked under is ok, but the other one seems to suddenly just end. theres no bulge under the flap of the stuffed toy to suggest its under it.
I'm sure the intent was to have the left hand bent at the wrist to wrap around the doll. But I guess it was also a technique to avoid having to draw hands.
(08-11-2011, 09:37 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure the intent was to have the left hand bent at the wrist to wrap around the doll. But I guess it was also a technique to avoid having to draw hands.

yeah, i was thinking that, but it seems to have ended too abruptly.
i hugged pillow for that pic
just a question.

How to I apply anti aliasing on my pictures and soften the line art i made?

the last pic was full of rough edges when you zoom it in
I think anti-aliasing should be active by default. You should probably also work on a hi-res canvass to begin with.
(08-19-2011, 08:52 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]I think anti-aliasing should be active by default. You should probably also work on a hi-res canvass to begin with.

And when you do work on hi-res, make sure you only use either very very short lines or do freehand.
the problem is when i scan it, the lines aren't anti aliased to begin with
(08-19-2011, 08:02 PM)atdsutm Wrote: [ -> ]the problem is when i scan it, the lines aren't anti aliased to begin with

Or you could redo it in PS or probably just darken the lines themselves, but it may take some time.

This might help (you can skip to #2). Never have done her method before though (basically I just skipped modifying the brush shape).
yeah, but it takes time, ill try the scan route first. the jagged lines are passable, its just that i want to know how to use greyscale/ anti aliasing and whatever.

can you go here Goat and teach me your secret techniques.
What about your sister? Most of the artists here know much more than me. :p

Never actually used anti-aliasing and grayscaling though. You can access the latter by accessing Image>Mode>Grayscale.

In short, if there's something you don't understand in PS, there's google. Tutorials are scattered all around the web.
im finding everywhere, including here too.
for the edges i used to select the line art layer then feather the selection a bit, then invert selection and delete. but thats if i know my lines are thick enough and i wont be deleting important details. other times instead of deleting i fill or stroke edges. when i got a tablet tho i stopped that and simply redid the line art on the PC. either actual redraw or pen tool.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13