The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core: Limit Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Lord that brought back old memories specially when the AC : PP music started playing.

Simply put that whole thing was great and thank you for that!

Now its time to make an RR fandub! Domo

EDIT: Aaah damn I bumped it into page 8. Chair

FYI to people who don't know yet, Limit Release is out and the links are on page 7 WATCH IT!
But I only have 6 pages.
well done though just curious what area of game design you want to specialize in?

just a small advice if you planning to focus more on modeling/texturing

you should learn to make something organic as well Happy like a creature, a human character etc
kick-ass video Salute

the opening scene is just awesome.

...then nostalgia crept to me when the mission briefing sequence came in. hearing the AC2 "roundabout" garage theme..just so perfect.

how i wish fromsoftware would revive the old AC game... garage bgm and mission defriefing/voice acting from AC2, missions mix-ups, physics-fix and garage view of LR, epic weapon/parts comebacks, etc..

=Happy=
My only qualm is that the sound effects weren't implemented properly on a lot of parts.. Im someone who's incredibly particular to fight scene details which happens to include sound details. Explosion missed their timing, guns fired more than they should have, there's just one footstep you hear when the MTs are still walking and some sound effects sound louder than they should. Overall, I'd say it's an amazing project especially that it's a non-funded production =)
It's a very good effort, all in all, especially since this seems to be your first time doing a project like this. However, please forgive me for saying that parts of it feel quite rushed, especially with the sound effects. With that, I do believe that you will only get better with time. I am looking forward to seeing more work of your work in the future.
It was awesome o3o

Same thinking here, some sound effects were a little off with the timing but it was still amazing Big grin
I may regret this and I know I said I would not continue with the project that I would move onto other things, which I have been doing but after the amount of good fan responses I have been getting I feel that this should be expanded on and done properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNusWgpLtQ0

Before I did not want help because I wanted to prove something to myself, that I could go beyond what I was capable of.Now I feel that with so many people wanting more from Limit Release that what I have is a chance to expand on what was already done but with help, working alone was very hard work and took so long, but by adding more people it would speed things up considerably.

And thus I believe in the possibility and potential of anyone that wishes to help, weather it be 3d modeling, animation, voice acting or helping me write the story instead of using just the basics I have at the moment.

I wish to provide an experience that will not only provide new content but will also expand on the AC universe in a similar style to what Brave new world did.

I also wish to take this time to say sorry for the shoddy editing in Limit Release, that was due to my approach to getting it done by a certain date. That and editing the audio separately in Audacity before then putting that into After Effects, when it played in AE it was fine but when it was compiled it did not line up, also because of the quick cuts getting the text boxes right was low priority and thus they look screwed up, so really sorry that those 2 main elements let down that presentation.
More AC more fun! Domo
I am looking for anyone that is interested in story telling, AC, and anime and manga to help test certain aspects of the project and provide feedback that will change the entire pre-alpha version at the moment, if anyone is willing to pitch in a little of their time then you will be credited for it.
Updated with a FB page to sort out all the comments easier than on youtube thanks to google + : https://www.facebook.com/limitrelease
Soooo, how2feedback and what2feedback on?
Update

Since the end of the OVA I have noticed the quality of the work, and how crap it is, shaders and dynamic lighting did not really get experimented with much and the models themselves look really flat because of the normal maps being bad, and worst of all the animations are utter crap, too static and clunky.

Of course I was never an animator in the first place, but compared to what I have learned since completing the OVA I feel I can do better.

A month or so ago (Estimated time) I released a preview of what I wanted to do for the intro to the movie found on youtube here.

I am now scrapping the idea of having the logo how it is at the end and also the footage featuring Nineball, that will be gone in the final as it looks stupid and does not fit with the rest of the intro.

So whats the idea currently?

I am going to raise the quality of the entire animation, models, animations, the entire experience. I think I spoke about this at some point in the past or on a video but the finished OVA was a really short idea with lots of things cut out of it, it was originally a full movie I was writing but unfortunately due to me being totally stupid and thinking that the AC universes could be merged it did not come together very well, I ended up getting confused leading me to cutting a lot of content and producing a short final poor quality animation.

At the moment I am finishing the script off and having it checked by various testers, some including some long time AC fans to make sure it will get a some what warmer reception than the OVA.The idea is to use it to get rid of the OVA completely and retcon it, thus you will not see any merged universe content that was in the OVA such as the VOB and ACV blades no matter how iconic they are. (An excuse I used a bunch of times)

The movie will focus on both AC battles and the pilots themselves, the entire project is based around AC2-AC2AA which is what I originally wanted to continue from before I goof`d and messed everything up (leading to the dev of the OVA), I have two team members working on characters and character art while another that has just joined will be working on storyboards.

As stated I will be attempting to raise the quality of the entire project so I will be modeling all the AC parts from scratch, currently I have over 60 parts and also 2 giant models and a lot of enemy and support units to model myself which is going to take ages without help.

Preview
[Image: 1980012_1481843605360694_478197866_o.jpg]
[Image: 1403467_1482040192007702_100247488_o.jpg]
[Image: 1597838_1482040462007675_1285152560_o.jpg]
[Image: 10011620_1479984568879931_61071530_o.jpg]

As discussed in this thread : AC on PC? fans still want AC for PC, and so do I to be honest but without the help I cannot see it happening and I cannot promise anything other than the animation without the help unfortunately as I lack the coding skills, I am more skilled in 3d modeling and level design even though I am trying to learn coding in my free time (which is a very small window of time).

Thus I still stand by my idea, this project could bring the entire community together quite easily to create all the models needed and have them all running on an engine (preferably UDK cause of the pipeline and ability to distribute it for free), it just requires the right people, people willing to learn, to give up some of their free time to help out and be willing to learn new things which may transfer to other things outside of this animation or the community.

My offer stands, I will offer help to anyone that wants to learn 3d modeling or help in other areas to make this idea more than just an animation, but unless people decide thats what they want, and how much they want it for now the movie will be all that comes of this effort.

I am still growing the community in hopes of getting feedback constantly and also to get help at Facebook/LimitRelease so if anyone wants to join or share it with friends who have an interest in AC or other similar things and are on Facebook please do as I find its the easiest place to quickly answer peoples questions and communicate effectively.

-Dave
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the August update for Project : Limit Release, in this update I will be talking about the growing community and our continued work on the project.

WARNING: This is a 3D Machinima movie project NOT a game.

(Machinima is a form of animation created using video games or video game engines to render the footage.)

Our small growing community

So again another update that starts with a shout out to our Facebook community, for those who visit this site and have a Facebook account, please visit our community page as it gets updated the most frequently of all our sites, we post regular updates, notifications about live streaming events, and answer any and all questions as soon as they arise, or as soon as we can.

We are pleased that we have a fantastic group of people supporting us, as I mentioned in a previous update its a big moral booster that helps us continue to work, we hope to continue growing it and raising awareness to keep people updated with every little detail about the project.

(https://www.facebook.com/limitrelease)

Development news

In 2013 the project changed from a "one man" project to a "two man" team with the inclusion of my friend "Sandro", Sandro has been a long time fan of my previous mod works and so he has offered to help do character art in Zbrush, this is so we can create characters to populate the world and also show actual humans in the movie instead of just Armored Core units like the short animation.

For all those who do not know, we started live streaming towards the end of July on Twitch.tv (http://www.twitch.tv/limitRelease), live streaming allows us to show everyone behind the scenes footage of how things are being made, it also allows fans to interact with us while we work, joke, have fun and do a few question and answer segments with us which we are more than happy to do.

We stream every Wed and Sat at 10pm GMT+0 (London time) for roughly 4 hours.

Because of the scope and scale of the movie idea being a lot larger than the small animation I made it a personal challenge to try and get one or two models done at minimum every time we are on stream, its a large challenge considering the first animation saw me make around 30 parts from a mixed garage of generation 2 and 3 Armored Core parts, now I am attempting to up that number to over 90 parts which include all the usual parts to make AC units and enemies too from generations 1 and 2 of Armored Core (Armored core 1, Project Phantasma, Master of Arena, 2 and Another Age).

Progress wise so far we have completed 1 character, 19 parts and 2 enemy models. Personally I feel as though everything is going quite smoothly so far, we also have one fully completed machine that is the test model for the amount of detail at minimum we want to display in the new models, we have raised the polygon count from 15k to 25-30k polygons for a unit which allows us to add even more details than before.

Hardware and Software

Currently we are in the process of trying to switch to Unreal Engine 4 to render the entire movie, the reason for this is that we want to be able to keep this as a machinima project instead of this just being a fully rendered CGI film, by rendering this in a game engine it also means that with us having to optimise the details on our models that if we decide to do other things with the models in future they can be easily used in other ideas like actual video game models, this presents various opportunity for us to expand the project in future depending on the fan reactions.

At the moment our Hardware is dying so we have set up a Paypal separate to the project to attempt to raise the money to get new hardware, this has nothing to do with the project but we are offering rewards related to the project similar to kickstarter for those who are nice enough to help us out as our only way to really say thank you, the help we have been getting with that is tremendous and we cannot thank the people who have helped with that so far.

The idea revolves around people being able to design their own ACs and have them created and use in the film to populate the large scale fight scenes, along with that we have ideas for creating peoples likenesses in 3D to use as characters in the film and also creating smaller animations based exclusively around those characters to show how they survived during the large scale fight scenes in the film, for more information about that please follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/limitrelease/ap...5102528120

We keep adding images to the gallery so please check them out either at Moddb or on our Facebook community page, here are some previews from this week.

Gallery

Our first character [Work in progress]
[Image: 10574399_1517759358435785_2859119228373774967_n.jpg]

We thank you for the continued support again as it really helps make the long development process easier to deal with.

See you all next update, and remember you can stay in touch with the project for more frequent updates at facebook.com/limitrelease

- David
Holy s*t that looks good!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9