The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core: Limit Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(12-05-2012, 03:44 AM)Moodydata Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.moddb.com/mods/armored-core-l...al-trailer

Final trailers up.

/) (^ 3^)(\ Damn that looked awesome, really makes you wish it got continued into a full game. Who knows maybe when you release the whole thing you'd be able to get the help you need to do just that.
(11-30-2012, 11:12 PM)Moodydata Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2012, 02:19 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing that you're still working on this. Keep it up.

If you start something like this, best thing to do is finish it, if you leave it unfinished people tend to get abit angry.

As much as we'd love to see this completed, you don't owe us anything. You ought to finish it for your own satisfaction.
Only problem I have now is finding voice actors for certain parts its bloody annoying when Im trying to keep to a certain release time frame.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/armored-core-limit-release

Effectively anyone and everyone can enter to be a voice actor for the project, I will be editing the audio to sound like its being broadcasted over a radio but apart from that if anyone wants to take part and be credited then please feel free to do so, anyone who doesnt manage to make the part will be credited anyway for trying so there are no wasted efforts, all information is in the latest set of pictures in the gallery.
I. Am. For. This.

I've always wanted to be a VA XD

So wait, how to o3o?
o3o? never heard that term before, your gonna have to explain that one to me.
Oh lol no that's an emoticon I use a lot XD

The o's are eyes and the 3 is a mouth. o3o

lol.

Anyweh, I meant how to/how does this VA thing work haha.
Right well explaination time...

I am desperate for voice actors at the moment, because even though the animation looks nice, and its always fun to watch giant mechs fight it out the only problem I have found when watching it back myself is that I dont think that its accessible enough to people who dont know whats going on.

Like for instance in one scene I have an enemy transport appearing and then the scene switches to the hanger of a friendly transport, now without audio queues and voice segments this transition would make no sense and make it seem like the friendlys are onboard the enemy transport.

Thus this is where everyone comes in, by providing the voices it makes the animation go a hell of alot smoother in certain places and also gives viewers an idea of whats going on, even if they are not fans of the series and are just curious.

So, I have images up on the site of the various segments, they also feature the characters names or jobs, for instance "Dropship hanger supervisor" , they say what Gender the character has to be even though most of them I have basically said can be either male or female there are some specific parts that I actually need a male or female voice because I have specified it in the past in character bios and such.

So the idea is you look through the last 8 images I uploaded to the Limit Release gallery, for all the information and characters, as each image comes with their lines and also the situations they are in so you can get a feeling of the setting and then base your voice over on how you think the character would sound in that situation.

After recording the Voice over, you simply send the file/s to me at the email thats on the images, I will then gather them up, arrange them and do a small edit to make them sound like they are on radios and such, and then your name goes in the final credits (forum name or real one).

What I am doing for parts that have multiple people apply for them is picking the best VA and putting their voice to that part to get the best sounding voices for each part, so if someone ends up contesting with another person for a part, and they dont happen to make the cut its not a complete wash out as I will include anyone who actively takes part in the credits anyway for helping and trying, so effectively theres nothing to lose and you still end up in the ending credits for your efforts as I am not letting anything go to waste.

So yea check out the last 8 images in the Limit Release gallery on ..

http://www.moddb.com/mods/armored-core-limit-release

And have fun! Big grin
We're honestly talking right now about working this out for you. LOL
Domo guys! Domo
While you guys are reading off lines or recording them I have been busy doing the small titles that appear through out the animation intro and in certain other points, only a few small tweaks here and there, then I need to eventually arrange the music, add the VO`s and then add the credits in, I am reluctant to do that at the moment because of the ammount of people that are offering assistance at the moment means that I will be adding alot more people to them.

Apart from that enjoy doing the lines and seeing how much fun you can have with them, I look foward to listening to the results Smile
DAMN YOU INABILITY OF A MIC IN MY PRESENCE!!!!
Like Nix said, we're totally go for this. You might want to add lines that are on the level of a conversation between 2 NPCs instead of just a pilot talking to a silent protagonist, since we can do this thing live with more than just 1 person. That way emotional tones between 2 characters can sound more genuine.
Can we modify the lines a bit when we record?
(12-10-2012, 01:50 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Like Nix said, we're totally go for this. You might want to add lines that are on the level of a conversation between 2 NPCs instead of just a pilot talking to a silent protagonist, since we can do this thing live with more than just 1 person. That way emotional tones between 2 characters can sound more genuine.

hmmm Not sure what to write up for that then, as most of the scenes just feature only one friendly AC on screen at a time apart from one expection which is a very quick scene so its hard to do lines that are between two people.

Unless of course you choose the Protagonist vs the Antagonist the only complication with that is that the main protagonist is female so we would need a female voice for that.

Im not sure of how to handle that, any suggestions?

(12-10-2012, 01:56 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]Can we modify the lines a bit when we record?

Sure
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9