The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Tekken 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Yeah, exactly why I use her. XD Well, My below average skill(for some reason I really am having a hard time mastering combos and stuff) completely makes up for her imba stuff. Tongue
Jin Pacquaio LOL

[Image: Manny+Pacquiao+Jin+Kazama+Tekken.jpg]
ROFLMAO!
since ive RR peeps also plays this often, i was wondering if i could ask for some help.

am currently reading this thread for info on Alisa's punish moves. having a bit of trouble with which enemy moves will fall into which frame counts. like say, Jin's heavy low. how many frames is that? thanks in advance.

Quote:Complete Punishment List:

Standing:

10 frames: 1,1. 30 pts. dof damage. +9 on hit.
12 frames: d/f+4. ?? damage. +4 on hit.
13 frames: 4. 28 pts. of damage + knock down. Also wall splats.
14 frames: f+1+2. 26 pts of damage. +7 on hit. Use for moves with pushback.
14 frames: f+3,2 (high, high). 32 pts. of damage + +11 on hit + DES mix ups.
15 frames: u/f+4,4 B! (24 pts. of damage) + combo.
16 frames: d/f+2 (19 pts. of damage) + combo.
16-19 frames: b,f+2. 31 pts. of damage + knock down. Also wall splats. Long range punisher. The further away you perform this move, the slower it becomes, and hence the different frame rates.
19 frames: b+3+4, 3+4 B! (42 pts. of damage) + combo.

Crouching:

11 frames: WS+4. 18 ptsd. of damage +?? on hit.
14 frames: WS+1,2. 24 pts. of damage +6 on hit.
15 frames: u/f+4,4 B! (24 pts. of damage) + combo.
17 frames: WS+2,3+4 (28 pts. of damage) + combo.
i think its around -32 so your 15 17 and 19 frames punishers will work.

can i request for this topic to merge with the tekken tag tournament and tekken 6 thread to also merge into one thread.

what is your YM btw? can you be online in YM while at work?
(07-11-2011, 09:22 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]since ive RR peeps also plays this often, i was wondering if i could ask for some help.

am currently reading this thread for info on Alisa's punish moves. having a bit of trouble with which enemy moves will fall into which frame counts. like say, Jin's heavy low. how many frames is that? thanks in advance.

Don't depend too much on the frame thing, it's a waste of time for beginners. It's something you learn after you have a solid foundation on the basics, meaning you have all the staple juggles down and know when to use specific moves as well as have your jab punish and poke timing down.

All you'll be doing is pouring cold water over your own enjoyment of the game. I suggest watching match videos on how to use your chosen character properly first, or playing with someone who already uses Alisa.
^ Agreed. you have to get movement, spacing, memorization of the moves of said character, and juggles/combos/guaranteed stuff after an oki. Also know which juggles carry to wall, get knockdown to oki, and which types of wall juggles for certain distances etc. Don't flood your brain with frame data just yet. Even some of us, who have been playing this for a long time now, still don't know some of the frame data. Experience matters.

We should play some games to get you to understand these. Tongue
yup Happy

just go by "feeling" XD that's the best way to explain it
and its best to remember short combos that are reliable than long ones that probably you wont have time to finish or connect

wall combos...best not to rely on those too much on those cause there will be times you wont have a wall to play around with

also...yeah you gotta learn how to escape when you get pinned to a wall
i will help you and turn you into a powerful player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also
i assume that you know what those number input convention means.

for beginners

try learning alisa's 10 frame and 15 frame standing punishers and her 11 and 15 frame WS punishers.

most fast lows that dont lead to juggles usually are punishable by 11frame WS punishers, while lows that lead to big juggle damage or fast lows that lead to more damage requires 15 or above (slower) punishers but also have more damage

but also make sure to learn the specific combos out of those launching punishers (usually uf44 is your 15 punisher)

============================
so all in all try learning these punishers just to be simply and efficient

use 1 1 against standing -10 up to -12 punishable moves

use uf 44 against standing -15 and beyond punishable moves

use WS 4 versus low -11 up to -14 punishable move

use uf44 against lows that are -15 and beyond (just like standing -15s and beyond)
===================================

also try using defensive training mode to practice blocking and punishing standing moves and low moves of different characters.
Alisa = db3 > everything LOL
XD if in case your wondering how to use yoshimitsu and roger... i can help you with those characters since those two are the one i use though haven't played and a very long while...

rarely play tekken now a days but used to play a lot
for now im playing with an officemate. shes just plays for fun and usually just button mashes, grabs and counters grabs (which i still cant figure out how to do). im practicing my combos against her, but not so much, coz she might get ticked if i fight her too seriously XD
(07-19-2011, 08:09 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]for now im playing with an officemate. shes just plays for fun and usually just button mashes, grabs and counters grabs (which i still cant figure out how to do). im practicing my combos against her, but not so much, coz she might get ticked if i fight her too seriously XD

I'll fight you seriously Smile
breaking throws requires 3 types of button presses depending on which throws you see appear.

if you see a left arm (square + X) extend, press the square button to escape.

and same as right hand extend escapes (triangle +O) by pressing triangle.

there are also both hands extending that requires square and triangle pressed together and unique looking throws that are either of the three different types.

or just duck them and WS hopkick launch punish.

Let's play sometime zero.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11