The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Tekken 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Sforza and Arch_angel
sure. i might not be a challenge tho XD
ill help you get better, just ask questions pls, and i could teach you some when we meet.

tips:

-learn the best launchers with their corresponding combos.
-you dont need to learn all of the moves, just use the best and fastest ones.
-if you cant do the combos from a specific launcher, try practice a self made easier combo, until you can get used to using the best one.
-use alisa's best and fastest high/mid and low attacks, they're very helpful.
-spam a lot of throws, as it works well versus majority of RR players
-spam launchers and fastest moves.
-learn to punish enemy's moves via defensive training.
-find the best/cheapest way to win, dont think that you are cheating, if you are winning, you are doing it right.
thanks for the tips.

so far against the AI i can pull of combos after blocking attacks or a whiff. also have one intentional whiff that leads to a launcher if the enemy tries to counter/stand up instead of roll. finally one follow up combo if the enemy stands instead of rolling to the side. i dont expect them to work against people tho XD

im having quite a bit of trouble getting out of a combo once im on the ground. specifically im still trying to figure out how to roll to the side, and kick without getting up. there are a lot of times i couldve countered or stopped the enemy's combo, but alisa rose and did a sweep kick, instead of kicking while lying face up, or rolling to a side.

also having trouble with walls. being cornered by the enemy and cornering the enemy. the combos i know sometimes dont connect when im too close to the wall. for now i just use d+2, 3 when i manage to bring the enemy too close to the wall. as for when im the one trapped, i try to go for a grab or f, f+4 if i remember it.

also noticed i have a hard time blocking low blows that aren't in a combo. i think its because my thumbs has a hard time holding d+b instead of just b.

my current play style is defensive. just waiting for the opponent to attack, block then retaliate. while i think its a good choice, it can get boring. im still trying to figure out what attack i can go on the offense with (definitely not 1+2, on a ready opponent. that lesson was beaten into me good).

finally, im trying to use b+2, 1, in my combos for some flavor, but i dont what move can be done after it.
Did you know Alisa is one of my main characters? LOL Anyway, I suggest for you to get these down.

staple: d/f+2, b+1, wr+1, 2, f+1, b+4~3, b! ff+2,3

staple #2: u/f+44 or b3+4, f+2, f+1, f+2, d+4,1+2
you can just hold f in the +2, +1, +2 notation.

wall: u/f+4,4, b! 2, 3, 3
I like to use b+2,4 to splat when near the wall.

Top 10 useful moves:
d/b+3
b+1
d/f+1,4
d/f+2
b,f+2
u/f+4,4
d/f+4
fff+3,4
SIDESTEP

You don't need to learn anything else, seriously. One variation you could add after you get this down are the chainsaw mixups, but that can wait.
The more important part is actually the top 10 moves I listed, not the juggles. You can win in higher level play using those moves alone.
(07-23-2011, 10:48 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the tips.

so far against the AI i can pull of combos after blocking attacks or a whiff. also have one intentional whiff that leads to a launcher if the enemy tries to counter/stand up instead of roll. finally one follow up combo if the enemy stands instead of rolling to the side. i dont expect them to work against people tho XD

just keep on playing until you feel the character as part of your hands and feet, but dont abuse AI stupidity since it will spoil your mentality and also ruin your sense in fighting

(07-23-2011, 10:48 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]im having quite a bit of trouble getting out of a combo once im on the ground. specifically im still trying to figure out how to roll to the side, and kick without getting up. there are a lot of times i couldve countered or stopped the enemy's combo, but alisa rose and did a sweep kick, instead of kicking while lying face up, or rolling to a side.

basically, when falling from the air, mash back or 1 or 3 or forward to either back roll/uproll/downroll or spring up teching.

but when you are on the ground and decided not to "tech", press up to get up normally, 1+any directions to roll. and also add 4 or 3 as an optional get up attack when it is needed.

(07-23-2011, 10:48 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]also having trouble with walls. being cornered by the enemy and cornering the enemy. the combos i know sometimes dont connect when im too close to the wall. for now i just use d+2, 3 when i manage to bring the enemy too close to the wall. as for when im the one trapped, i try to go for a grab or f, f+4 if i remember it.

try watch some wall combo videos or asking jake, and if you are cornered just try to block a lot and expect a positive cooldown on your side (your moves will be earlier) and react according if you managed to successfully block

also learn to tech and ground rolling according to prevent those situations.

(07-23-2011, 10:48 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]also noticed i have a hard time blocking low blows that aren't in a combo. i think its because my thumbs has a hard time holding d+b instead of just b.

everybody does have a hard time, at your early levels, its more of anticipation.

you could block and do WS+4

or uf 4 4

(07-23-2011, 10:48 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]my current play style is defensive. just waiting for the opponent to attack, block then retaliate. while i think its a good choice, it can get boring. im still trying to figure out what attack i can go on the offense with (definitely not 1+2, on a ready opponent. that lesson was beaten into me good).

THATS good!!!!, learn to make full use of alisa's fast movement and whiff punish according.

if it gets boring try to learn the moves of the enemy if it doesnt track sideways (left or right) etc. since your playstyle is same to mine try learning move variations of the enemy too if it ends up as high attacks (which you can duck). also know if your moves have crush properties that is either avoids low or high.

@Jake and Andrew
many many thanks. i'll keep practicing.

fought with one guy at the arcade today. 3 matches, he won twice. most of the rounds were close fights, often with me or him getting a "GREAT" round win. i think i couldve done better since i couldnt use db+3 or 4, uf +44, 1+2 and sometimes even b + 3+4 due to the joystick being too loose.

found out which moves i use are punishable and which ones are really slow (i can see how stupid AI really is now). also realized b + 3, 4 can be used as both a punish and offense.

found more combos from a vid on youtube.

needs wall:
ws2,3+4,3,ws4,b21,ff34,,ff344

ff1+2,d2,ws12,f1,b43,db22,32,

chainsaw mixups:

b3+4,f2,f1,b43,b43~1+2,(DES)d1

df2,b1,ws12,f1,b43,b22,32,(DES)df2

b3+4,f2,f1,ws123~1+2,(DES)1+2,1+2(exit),ff344

more combos:

uf44,ws12,f1,f233

df2,df1,df1,f1,b43,uf32

parry, df1,f1,ws123,fff2

b3+4,3+4,f2,f1,db22,ff1+2~2

df2,b1,ws12,f1,b43,f3+4,121~3+4

df2,b1,ws12,f1,b43,b43,f2,f1,f1,b43,ff23
ok base from the last fight, here are some tips i can tell you

-practice on movement
-learn not to spam 1 1, only tap and hit confirm with 1
-practice blocking lows and predicting them
-hit the opponent with non-launching moves and taking advantage of your positive frames
-learning how to fight and punish other characters
the only person I'm comfortable with is steve.fox I've learned all the moves including the sidestep movement...
thats nice can you do his combos and mixups?
(08-31-2011, 12:38 PM)atdsutm Wrote: [ -> ]ok base from the last fight, here are some tips i can tell you

-practice on movement
-learn not to spam 1 1, only tap and hit confirm with 1
-practice blocking lows and predicting them
-hit the opponent with non-launching moves and taking advantage of your positive frames
-learning how to fight and punish other characters

will try and practice these. tho at the moment im not playing the game and trying to indulge my other gaming urges XD
yeah ive had the game ever since it came out on the psp and I really took the time and learned his move sets..I was playing with law and kazuya. law moves wasnt powerful enough and kazuya was too slow so i started with steve... I have steve,kazuya,law,bruce, and devil jin all as tekken god in ghost battles..just wished this had online play because unlike armored core I can really clear out a room with steve..I went to my fiancees family gathering and they had it up playing so i came in and destroyed everyone there, but her family hasnt to happy with me doing that Tongue
lol, i wish i could have a match with you, it would be a blast.
lol it would be a good match..I really dont play it as much anymore because even though i got 3 psps and enough people to play tekken, theres no challenge here. I only play if i get bored with socom ftb3 or dont have anything to do...But I'm learning bob's move set in my spare time...getting pretty good with him but i tried to use eddy and i couldnt get into his move set, too many juggles for me. But if i ever get a chance dont ever let me play with steve or law...I get ruthless
thinking of learning Julia as Jake suggested. went to the arcade the other day and found way too many Alisa users. more players means people are more prepared against her. plus, Julia isnt tekken 6 only, so i can play her on any tekken version available in the arcades. finally, she looks like angel locsin ^^
well playing julia is a bit harder than alisa and requires you to play offensively and keeping up your momentum. and her combos in each tekken series is a bit different, much more her gameplay, but that being said, RR needs a julia player to learned against tbh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11