Current time: 04-30-2024, 11:16 PM
Transformers the Movie
They seriously have to fix optimus prime... but it's probably too late for that. They have to fix that ugly face of his... and fix his stupid hotrod paint scheme... Sad
At least he's still on parade colours...

<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 14 2007, 07:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 14 2007, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So it's a 50-50.&nbsp; The newer audience would like a high-end looking design, while the older audience would actually like the old designs.&nbsp; Somehow, I kinda want Megatron's design even if he doesn't really look like it.&nbsp; They changed most of the Autobots and the Decepticons though.

So they had to take a risk, whatever their choice'll be there's a negative and obviously a positive reaction.

And this is the risk they chose. [/quote:49839dc6dc]
Agree on that one...
'Signatures are overrated.'
That's why a lot of Transformers fans are criticizing the movie. It's too late to change the Autobot's design and I think this is what affected the fans' first impression on the movie. Optimus Prime looks gay and lame though, it's like the designers are 'trying hard' on Prime's design.

They exagerated the 'coolness' though, LOL
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 14 2007, 08:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 14 2007, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> That's why a lot of Transformers fans are criticizing the movie. It's too late to change the Autobot's design and I think this is what affected the fans' first impression on the movie. Optimus Prime looks gay and lame though, it's like the designers are 'trying hard' on Prime's design.

They exagerated the 'coolness' though, LOL [/quote:f64b7e885d]
Exactly. Attempting to make Autobots 'cool' by using a trendy new paintjob isn't needed. Prime has a pretty stoic character anyway, flames for paint don't really suit his robot personality.
Quote:So it's a 50-50.&nbsp; The newer audience would like a high-end looking design, while the older audience would actually like the old designs.&nbsp;

So they had to take a risk, whatever their choice'll be there's a negative and obviously a positive reaction.

And this is the risk they chose.

No basis for this.

Besides, I'm all for the mechanical-organic-alien look of the transformers because that's what transformers are; they're sentient machines. And I understand that changes are unavoidable because of evolving tastes.

HOWEVER, there's a very fine line between innovating/reinventing and plain BASTARDIZING.

Megatron, fine. Everyone else, fine.
But with the characters that really mattered, they sure f*cked up BAD. (i.e. Bumblebee... wtf... why not a beetle... the new beetle would have been fine. Optimus Prime... the design was fine... the paint was just stupid... and the face... looks plain stupid.)

They could have done whatever they wanted with the story... but at the very least, they could have at least stayed a little more faithful in terms of some trademark designs such as optimus' face and bumblebee's transformation.

Meh.

I know it's too late for them to change anything... so yeah, I'm just ranting.

MEGA EDIT:

Read this wikipedia article on the upcoming transformers movie. It'll answer A LOT of questions and explain the reasons for some of the things that pissed off the fans.

Apparently, Megatron's design may still turn out different from the pix that we've seen. Also, it turns out that Bumblebee was turned into a Camaro so that he wouldn't be compared to Herbie. Meh. But it looks like Optimus will be retaining his ugly face.

<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29' target='_blank'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29</a>
out.
I dunno about that, they already made the trailers so I'm not sure if they could still change it.

But somehow, these guys would still win against us even if the movie ended crappy, because maybe a lot of fans would still watch it for curiosity, so then LOLOLOL they still managed to get our money. LOL
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 15 2007, 07:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 15 2007, 07:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> But somehow, these guys would still win against us even if the movie ended crappy, because maybe a lot of fans would still watch it for curiosity, so then LOLOLOL they still managed to get our money.&nbsp; LOL [/quote:14cb8daa0a]
Haha, the magic of the industry. Wink

King Arthur... Prime... eh, might work. I'm reserving any final judgment after I see it (and thus, I become one of the sheep Goatling put so well in his post). LOL
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 15 2007, 07:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 15 2007, 07:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> But somehow, these guys would still win against us even if the movie ended crappy, because maybe a lot of fans would still watch it for curiosity, so then LOLOLOL they still managed to get our money. LOL [/quote:7682a3ae6b]
Not if you watch it from a bootleg DVD. Roll eyes
Yeah, but let's say in the US, people there hate pirated DVDs or something like that. LOL They'll watch the movie instead. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

So probably they'll earn a lot of dollars in the US since most fans there would watch in the movies. The movie reminds me a bit of Beastwars though, LOL they changed everything, well almost.
We should just pick on optimus' face for now. Everything else is cool. Since we've never seen the movie, there's no telling if they've messed it up or not.
The Face... and the paint! My god the paint job is just so bad. Two-tone would have sufficed. Sheesh. The designers could have simply looked at Prime's other incarnations for inspiration. The Japanese transformers series have so many cool renditions of prime. The recent Transformers comic books also have some kick-ass designs... (I'm referring to the face design).

And... is it just me, or would it have looked better if Prime looked a little more buff? His design seems a little scrawny to me.
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Feb 16 2007, 12:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Feb 16 2007, 12:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And... is it just me, or would it have looked better if Prime looked a little more buff? His design seems a little scrawny to me. [/quote:b76336b515]
Nah, he looks pretty solid to me... the build that is. Agreed on the paintjob. Wahaha! Tongue

If he looks scrawny though I guess that's because Megatron is supposed to be the size of the XBOX on this one. HUEG, I should say.
With all the changes from the original Generation 2 series, i'm surprised they didn't think to turn Soundwave into an iPod.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Hey, they changed Optimus Prime's face.

... but it looks dumber than the last one. Tongue

<a href='http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/Divinehorse/tf-opdogg.jpg' target='_blank'>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/Div...e/tf-opdogg.jpg</a>

LOL
Man,that's the gayest Optimus prime I've ever seen Chair

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Movie You Watched NiX 280 317,826 05-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Movie Trailers NiX 75 79,505 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Gran Turismo (Movie) Goat 5 9,311 11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Adventures of Tintin (movie) Twin-Skies 8 13,074 12-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Last Post: RoninFang