Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:25 AM
Adventures of Tintin (movie)
New adventures of Tintin movie in the works...(sourced to wikipedia):

Quote: has owned the rights to produce a trilogy of feature-length live-action Tintin films for many years. The project has been dormant since the 1980s, but Spielberg has confirmed in recent years that the project is indeed moving forward. A first script draft has been approved by Hergé's estate. He will produce it as a joint venture between DreamWorks and Universal Studios. Portions of a previous script Spielberg commissioned and rejected for his Tintin project were incorporated into the film Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. In early 2005, Spielberg revealed in an interview that he had talked to Peter Jackson about his company Weta doing the visual effects for the film.

In 2007 it was announced that a trilogy will be produced, with Jackson directing the first and Spielberg directing the second. Both film makers would serve as producers for all three. The movies will also be done using a large amount of CGI, with the end result intended to mimic Hergé's original drawings. Work is expected to begin when Jackson finishes production on The Lovely Bones and Spielberg on Indiana Jones IV.[1] Reportedly DreamWorks is aiming for a 2009 release. [2]

Why do I get the feeling this will turn out as some sort of spiritual successor to Indiana Jones?
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Twin-Skies Wrote:Why do I get the feeling this will turn out as some sort of spiritual successor to Indiana Jones?

You read it yourself: Spielberg + adventure + treasure hunting.

That said, I enjoyed the books when I was younger. Captain was the man, see. Ten thousand thundering typhoons.

Now I'm waiting for the movie version of Bob & Bobette.
New movie for 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventu...he_Unicorn

Quote:Jamie Bell as Tintin.[4] Bell replaced Thomas Sangster, who dropped out when filming was delayed in October 2008.[1] Jackson suggested Bell take on the role, having cast him as Jimmy in his King Kong remake.[5]

Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock. Serkis played Gollum in Jackson's The Lord of the Rings and King Kong in the 2005 remake, which were both roles requiring motion capture. Serkis joked he was concerned that Jackson wanted him to play Tintin's dog Snowy,[6] who will be entirely animated.[3] Serkis remarked upon reading the comics again for the role that they had a surreal Pythonesque quality.[7] Serkis also plays Haddock's ancestor Sir Francis Haddock in flashbacks.[8]

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Thomson and Thompson, bumbling detectives who are almost completely alike. Spielberg invited Pegg to the set and offered him the role after he had completed How to Lose Friends & Alienate People.[9]

Daniel Craig as Red Rackham: The historical pirate who attacked the Unicorn, the ship captained by Sir Francis Haddock.[4] Craig collaborated with Spielberg on Munich (2005), Toby Jones in Infamous (2006) and Bell in Defiance (2008).

Tony Curran as Lieutenant Delacourt, an ally of Tintin.[10]

Toby Jones plays Silk, a villain.[8][11]

Gad Elmaleh as Omar Ben Salaad.[8]
Official screenshots from the preliminary work being done. I think the film is still a full year away from release.

[Image: 45762.jpg]

[Image: 45763.jpg]

Pictures from Empire
I swear to god they better not fuck this up or they're gonna ruin a lot of childhoods. Sad
Wish list:

A Tintin action/adventure game developed by Level-5 Smile

Trailer's finally out!
I watched it. It was good clean fun but it didn't engage me as much as I thought it would. Not that I can pinpoint any particular reason. Sad
Very good movie hmmm my personal opinion

i love the texture work and the take on the art direction from comic to a 3d film

favorite part of the movie is the sequence where they were chasing the papers/clues thingy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Movie You Watched NiX 280 317,037 05-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Movie Trailers NiX 75 79,354 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Gran Turismo (Movie) Goat 5 9,297 11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Voltron Movie NiX 7 11,085 09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Tekken movie atdsutm 5 7,468 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Serene