The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Transformers the Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I say in AXN that there would be a live action movie of Transformers and by the looks of it, success would be very possible... anyone know more info on it?
There's already a lot of leaked information around the internet. If you look around hard enough, you'll see the designs for the transformers.

Optimus Prime looks like a pimp-my-ride Truck, Megatron looks like an organic alien fighter place/ Guyver, Bumblebee will either be a muscle car or a corvette (wtf), Starscream will look like a hunchback, etc.

The movie may indeed end up as a success, but the fans are not pleased as it is.
From what you've said most likely ... Holiwood really has problems converting stuff like this ... why do they always have to chop the theme up then let an autistic guy put it back together again...
Goddamnit, this is the worst autobot design I have seen so far:

[Image: 63c6c7d93d6d6122c745aba0b3396979.jpg]

[Image: OptimusPrimeback.jpg]

LOL, you're right NiX, lmao! Optimus looks.. eh, like junk.
Ah...
Semi-Bio Mechs?
The dudes look a bit nice, but somehow It doesn't fit the Transformers' style.

Life-size Bumblebee.
[Image: bumble2.jpg]

Megatron.
[Image: megatron.jpg]

Starscream. He looks a lot like the OKEs from Carnage Heart.
[Image: starscream_movie.jpg]

If you're wondering what the heck's an OKE, well here's the image:
[Image: OKE.png]
They totally destroyed Megatron. Sad

The first time I saw it I was like, WTF happened here?
If Bumblebee isn't going to be a VW Beetle, then i find myself wondering if i'm even going to watch it.

I probably will but i don't think i'm gonna be too impressed.
I think it's the director's fault. I hope Spielburg and Bay won't screw the movie up. Well actually I'm fine with Michael Bay, but somehow the other goddamned directors want to screw the movie up, just like dipshit.

Anyway here's the trailer just in case some of you guys didn't get to watch it.

Watch it.
Now.

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp75fWe-ss' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp75fWe-ss</a>
im just glad megatron is not a magically transforming pistol anymore.
the mech designs are OK, except for optimus' face, it looks lame.
Believe me, it would be a bad idea if they based everything from something created in the 80's. you'll end up with a fantasy movie instead of a sci fi movie.
<span style='color:yellow'>I hated that retarded cartoon anyway(except for the japanese transformers)</span>

copied this from TFW 2005:

Autobots

Optimus Prime (18 Wheeler, Semi)
Ironhide (Pickup Truck)
Ratchet (Ambulance)
Jazz (Exotic Sportscar)
Bumblebee (Chevy Camaro).

Decepticons

Megatron (Black Jet)
Starscream (F-22 Raptor Jet)
Scorponok (Metallic Scorpion)
Blackout (US Military Helicopter)
Barricade (Ford Mustang Police Car)
Soundwave (Portable Boombox Radio)
Brawl (formerly Devestator - Custom Tank)
Bonecrusher (Mine Clearing Vehicle)
Yeah I love the Japanese version of Transformers! The english seemed a bit childish though. I love it when Megatron says "This is bullshit!" when he gets angry, Rofl Oh and by the way, if you wanna see what the heck is going on with the movie, well maybe you could check this site.

<a href='http://www.transformersmovie.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.transformersmovie.com/</a>

The Optimus design sucks a lot, but I wonder why he looks cool in this picture. Nosebleed

[Image: UGLYOPTIMUSLOOKINGGOOD.jpg]

EDIT:
Here are some pics of the movie designs.

Megatron's Faces
[Image: megatron003.jpg]

Megatron's Body
[Image: megatron004.jpg]

Scorponok?!
[Image: SCORPONOK.jpg]

Blackout/Incinerator looks damn good! Even if he looks different.
[Image: BLACKOUT2.jpg]
megatron is not disguised as an earth vehicle. blackout reminds me of jesus.

Ironhide
[Image: 3947145ccc1859c30a.jpg]
is that cool or what?
Jesus... LOL! Actually it reminds me of a predator though, but you hit the nail in the head. When I first saw Blackout, the word Messiah came into my mind. Rofl

Oh and BTW that Irondude looks like the oldies from the Transformers Cartoon, just look at his head. I wish Optimus would look like that, but somehow LOL to the designers they made him look like those hip-hop Von Dutch cars, LOL!
Shinigami said he likes what they did here...
The alien look he means...

I agree with him on that.
Kasi, if they look like the originals, for the newer audiences, they won't look and feel like aliens even if they're mechs.
They'll look like they're made here on earth by some secret organization...
So it's a 50-50. The newer audience would like a high-end looking design, while the older audience would actually like the old designs. Somehow, I kinda want Megatron's design even if he doesn't really look like it. They changed most of the Autobots and the Decepticons though.

So they had to take a risk, whatever their choice'll be there's a negative and obviously a positive reaction.

And this is the risk they chose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7