Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Mental Repository (M.R.)
(11-14-2020, 08:26 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: So like, what's up with Hololive?

I've been seeing it everywhere, but I'm not curious enough to look into it. I know it's like a series of Virtual Youtubers like Kizuna AI, but how come I've been hearing about them a lot lately?

after the inital boom of the big four (kizuna ai, kaguya luna, mirai akari, ciro), vtubers went into sorta a decline. they were popular in japan and increased in number but didn't reach really mainstream. around this time a lot of groups/agencies formed, the biggest two were nijisanji and hololive. the former mostly focused on japanese audiences while the latter tried to cater more to an international audience.

the newer vtubers changed their content delivery format from recorded and edited videos to mostly streaming. use of 3D avatars were limited to special streams (concerts, birthdays, subscriber milestones etc) with live2d being used for their normal streams.

as for why hololive is hot news, it's prolly coz of their recent issues dealing with chinese censorship. this ended in two talents being suspended and recently, their chinese talents "graduating." additionally, they debuted an english branch two months ago that has gained a lot of popularity. another reason why hololive is gaining ground is simply because some of their talents are walking memelords XD while some are just really fun to watch.

gigguk made a good video explaining more, i recommend you and anyone curious about the vtuber thing to watch it
Oh okay, now I understand the phenomena. Yeah, I stopped following Vtubers after the big boom a couple of years back, but I didn't know that it lead to the disappearance of plenty others. Too bad about the controversy though, but at least they're catering to a wider audience these days (I noticed a lot of them speak English now).

OT: Gigguk's a paid shill along with his wife and friends.
Nice to see Ollie still fighting the good mecha fight.
Di ko ramdam ang holidays this year. Glare
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Rave: Finally back to working

Rant: Still have a lot of adulting expenses to catch up on.

RAVE: Got Ghost of Tsushima!!!!
Rave: Played fA today with strangers

Won a match using Assault Armor

Life is good

[Image: sYZH4Z6.jpg]

Rave: Played some VD today in the early hours of the morning.

Got my ass kicked but playing again was great.

Would do again.
stuff i see while out: saw one of those family stick figures stickers on a car today. the name under one of the kids, a baby, had been removed tho. brain went into sherlock mode. whole car was cleaned well, yet where the name had been were subtle scratch marks. recent. you can still see where the letters have been. the owner loved this car, even has stickers for a club dedicated to this model. possible ocd tendencies too based on how the other stickers on the back and the ornaments on the inside were aligned. so why the scratch marks? maybe someone hated the kid, a sibling? unlikely. the other stick figures indicated the remaining siblings were still young and too short to reach the stickers. someone in the neighborhood? they can't since this car was kept in a secure area. garage? subdivision covered parking (has a gate pass sticker)? it was raining quite a bit until 30 minutes ago. when i got to the diagnostics center, this car wasn't here yet. now it's parked as im leaving. the top, windshield, hood, side windows are dry. some splash marks near the wheels and lower part of the doors. this wasn't driven during the rain or parked outside else it would be still be drenched like the other cars in the lot. also this model is quite pricey, wouldn't be out of place in the gated communities within driving distance. so maybe the spouse scratched the name off? unhappy marriage? yes and no. couples for christ sticker on the car syncs with the matching shirts the couple i saw as i was exiting the building. prolly the owner and her husband coming in from the parking lot. they looked sad, but not because of marriage issues. not with her wrapped around his arm like that. you wouldn't hold someone like that if they made you cry so much your eyes get puffy. no, it's something else. guy was on the phone, seemed to be talking about a seat. someone was gonna pick it up later. deduction, baby died. mother/father removed the sticker recently. hands shaky from emotional distress scratches paint. dad is selling/giving away the infant car seat as it is no longer needed. cause of death? unknown. may be related to why they are getting labwork done. prolly not covid as an infant death from that would hit the news. plus protocols would prolly not have them out and about.
Hey, RR, what's up?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(02-21-2021, 04:14 PM)Fox Wrote: Hey, RR, what's up?

my weight, prolly my blood pressure too, the number of items on my watch later list on YT hahahaha
Busy at work now (finally) and getting frustrated bec. of difficulties of projects lol.

Catching up now with expenses for the year. LOL. That's the agenda for the yearrrrr
ANG INIIIT. Glare
(04-21-2021, 11:55 PM)Fox Wrote: ANG INIIIT. Glare

you can say that again Sad
ang inet ugh
'Signatures are overrated.'
(12-28-2020, 03:05 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: stuff i see while out: saw one of those family stick figures stickers on a car today. the name under one of the kids, a baby, had been removed tho. brain went into sherlock mode. whole car was cleaned well, yet where the name had been were subtle scratch marks. recent. you can still see where the letters have been. the owner loved this car, even has stickers for a club dedicated to this model. possible ocd tendencies too based on how the other stickers on the back and the ornaments on the inside were aligned. so why the scratch marks? maybe someone hated the kid, a sibling? unlikely. the other stick figures indicated the remaining siblings were still young and too short to reach the stickers. someone in the neighborhood? they can't since this car was kept in a secure area. garage? subdivision covered parking (has a gate pass sticker)? it was raining quite a bit until 30 minutes ago. when i got to the diagnostics center, this car wasn't here yet. now it's parked as im leaving. the top, windshield, hood, side windows are dry. some splash marks near the wheels and lower part of the doors. this wasn't driven during the rain or parked outside else it would be still be drenched like the other cars in the lot. also this model is quite pricey, wouldn't be out of place in the gated communities within driving distance. so maybe the spouse scratched the name off? unhappy marriage? yes and no. couples for christ sticker on the car syncs with the matching shirts the couple i saw as i was exiting the building. prolly the owner and her husband coming in from the parking lot. they looked sad, but not because of marriage issues. not with her wrapped around his arm like that. you wouldn't hold someone like that if they made you cry so much your eyes get puffy. no, it's something else. guy was on the phone, seemed to be talking about a seat. someone was gonna pick it up later. deduction, baby died. mother/father removed the sticker recently. hands shaky from emotional distress scratches paint. dad is selling/giving away the infant car seat as it is no longer needed. cause of death? unknown. may be related to why they are getting labwork done. prolly not covid as an infant death from that would hit the news. plus protocols would prolly not have them out and about.

Christ, that was heavy.

I agree with everyone, the current weather is very very hot indeed.
(04-25-2021, 10:07 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 03:05 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: stuff i see while out: saw one of those family stick figures stickers on a car today. the name under one of the kids, a baby, had been removed tho. brain went into sherlock mode. whole car was cleaned well, yet where the name had been were subtle scratch marks. recent. you can still see where the letters have been. the owner loved this car, even has stickers for a club dedicated to this model. possible ocd tendencies too based on how the other stickers on the back and the ornaments on the inside were aligned. so why the scratch marks? maybe someone hated the kid, a sibling? unlikely. the other stick figures indicated the remaining siblings were still young and too short to reach the stickers. someone in the neighborhood? they can't since this car was kept in a secure area. garage? subdivision covered parking (has a gate pass sticker)? it was raining quite a bit until 30 minutes ago. when i got to the diagnostics center, this car wasn't here yet. now it's parked as im leaving. the top, windshield, hood, side windows are dry. some splash marks near the wheels and lower part of the doors. this wasn't driven during the rain or parked outside else it would be still be drenched like the other cars in the lot. also this model is quite pricey, wouldn't be out of place in the gated communities within driving distance. so maybe the spouse scratched the name off? unhappy marriage? yes and no. couples for christ sticker on the car syncs with the matching shirts the couple i saw as i was exiting the building. prolly the owner and her husband coming in from the parking lot. they looked sad, but not because of marriage issues. not with her wrapped around his arm like that. you wouldn't hold someone like that if they made you cry so much your eyes get puffy. no, it's something else. guy was on the phone, seemed to be talking about a seat. someone was gonna pick it up later. deduction, baby died. mother/father removed the sticker recently. hands shaky from emotional distress scratches paint. dad is selling/giving away the infant car seat as it is no longer needed. cause of death? unknown. may be related to why they are getting labwork done. prolly not covid as an infant death from that would hit the news. plus protocols would prolly not have them out and about.

Christ, that was heavy.

I agree with everyone, the current weather is very very hot indeed.

Makes working at home a bitch though, as I intentionally do not open the air-conditioner until night time.