Current time: 09-25-2024, 04:30 AM
debate thread
(07-07-2009, 02:26 PM)arch_angel Wrote: RR people, just ignore him, when did you guys ever learn anything substantial from atdsutm aside from the usual GSP, WHINES, and nonsensical stuff anyway?

dont listen to this guy.

he is a troll and also impotent who cant make babies.
(07-07-2009, 05:07 PM)atdsutm Wrote:
(07-07-2009, 02:26 PM)arch_angel Wrote: RR people, just ignore him, when did you guys ever learn anything substantial from atdsutm aside from the usual GSP, WHINES, and nonsensical stuff anyway?

dont listen to this guy.

he is a troll and also impotent who cant make babies.

ouch.. Ninja

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
well, I think most people here know which of us siblings is saner.
Banning of Marijuana
doing more BAD than GOOD...

More reasons?
See my sig....
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Indeed. As harmful as people think it is (mainly due to the USA >_>), I'd prefer it if people just treated it as if it were beer.

Or, even if they don't approve of the FEMALE plant, they should at least permit the use of the MALE plant for farming, so as to create jobs and create more alternatives to whatever we have now.
Proposition: Resolve that the Philippines should be ruled with an iron fist.
Side: Negative
Role: Cross-Examination (Oh yey~)

Got any ideas for a main point on why iron fist ruling won't work?

And nice questions to ask the opposing team Ninja
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
the Filipino's tendency to be rebellious to authority figures.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

That's a good start Raffy. Just fill it up with historical (civil disobedience, although that's admittedly a bit flimsy) and everyday, mundane examples (traffic regulations lol) to beef up the argument.

I can't actually think of any more good con reasons, because I want us to be ruled with an iron fist. Sad
(09-02-2009, 02:23 PM)Grim Wrote: I can't actually think of any more good con reasons, because I want us to be ruled with an iron fist. Sad

Same here.
ditto actually

IM VOTING FOR BF :LOL:

o__o..

Philippine Politics thread plz? Kthx. Para na rin sa active voters sa RR. Let's make the thread for awareness, and greater justice! (Where the hell did I pick that up o__o)

Anyway, Raffy got a good foundation for your side. Think of what happened with Marcos. The Filipino people will react rebelliously to that kind of rule because of that past event. And it's definitely too late to change that mindset. Even if the iron-hand rule can be applied to us, can they find a person who actually has the discipline and the will to uphold justice, freedom and democracy at the same time? I doubt it.

The Filipino people has become wary of it's past leaders, and will bark at the smallest hint of injustice without looking at both sides first. It's good that there are people who can spot those wrongdoings, but there are also people who will use that opportunity to create public unrest. That small issue will become bigger and bigger, and if the currently elected(cough) President can't deal with that, boom-- PEOPLE POWAH.

Your topic could go forever and ever. Ang gulo ng politics, bwiset.
I don't agree with that last one there has only been 1 real people power movement in my eyes the rest looked more like fanboy wars XX

oh yeah historically speaking our rebellious nature came from the Spanish times with the time under the Americans adding a sour note to that as well. Anyway before I say more just ask what you want then I'll try to answer with what I have XD

No, I'm not dead.

Resolve that Islam has received unfair media treatment worldwide.

Side: Affirmative (LOL for the first time Blink )

Any ideas on how to prove my point? (Like what to ask the negative side)

Argument:
The media focuses on the negative news regarding Islam while downplaying any good news from the community.

I have a few question ideas already. But I still need some more...

ASAP please...
One word. Propaganda.

For now, I guess.
Debate Style: British Parliamentary
Debate Proposition: This house believes that force(in general) must be used to attain peace (in general)

Side: Closing Opposition

Role: Rebuttal Researcher/Researcher Leader

So basically as a rebuttal researcher, one has to think of a possible argument the other side will make (Being government for this case)...and then counter argument it.

Researcher Leader is pretty much the "easiest" job. (which explains how I got 2 jobs somehow <.<)
A leader just has to compile the debate papers.

but IMO, the leader also has to make sure that they submit on time and not have any argument that is the same or close to another debater's.

Does anyone have an argument they wanna pitch in? (for Pro or Anti proposition - doesn't matter.)

Our deadline's Friday but I like having things done 1-2 days before then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waifu Appreciation Thread zero_kanipan 7 10,920 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  The Vs. Thread Sirius140 9 14,713 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Sirius140
  The Jokes Thread Serene 82 114,047 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Last Post: clonezero
  The gentleman thread. Lord_Leperman 74 90,817 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Grim
  The Dare/ Ultimatum Thread Sirius140 17 26,136 08-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  The Disappointed Raven Copypasta/Discussion Thread AppleHead 41 48,059 08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Mjting
  The three letter game thread. Shintetsu 30 34,918 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Serene
  The WYR thread. Shintetsu 17 23,396 11-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu