Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:50 PM
LR: Two-on-Two Discussion
But you gotta remember that while you're focus-firing, you'll be focus-fired at too. Tongue So yeah, stuff like that. But this thread's definitely going in the direction I intended. Keep going guys. Mabuhay ang Armored Core hahaha. Sophie

Random note: I actually think that Large missiles might just be viable. LOL And yes, the cluster missile bombs too.
concentration, focus, the nerve, flexibility, stamina...

those are some of the things needed to win the 2-on-2 match Jason

and also, it will also double the pressure on the pilot and the AC...Chair (oh my...how I love to pressure myself when piloting my ACs Ninja )

guys, make this 2-on-2 scheme... EPIC Clapping

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
(07-09-2009, 12:02 PM)NiX Wrote: Random note: I actually think that Large missiles might just be viable. LOL And yes, the cluster missile bombs too.

I dunno about cluster missile bombs... IIRC, you can dodge them by just strafe walking. LOL Large missiles on the other hand is a different case. AMS can't interfere with missiles from behind, so, yeah, it could work. Somehow.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
I was typing a really long reply when the computer just suddenly reset itself.
And I don't remember much of it anymore. -2 hours of sleep-

To summarize a supposedly long reply:
For 2on2's, think chess. See how you will get your opponent's annoying pieces in constant check, find a way to gain control of the game by getting your opponent to retreat or have them completely cornered to a checkmate. Try finding every way possible with the pieces you have.

Also, Gundam vs Gundam is also a good reference for 2v2 strategies imo.

Large missiles are way better in 2v2's than in 1v1's because of the additional distraction and slowmo effect.
Rick proved that and he was smiling. Kawawa AI, Ate 5-6 missiles.

I remember doc using large missile arms once. Just one 'mode2' gives an overheat. The arms are enough to take down one ac and it's from an overheat, then the AC with large missile arms become a sitting duck.
'Signatures are overrated.'
I have just thought of this...

majority of parts in LR sucks (not almost, just overshadowed by the uber parts) -> when it comes to a very serious 1 on 1 match.

now with the 2 on 2 match, will those almost sucker useless parts be worthless? *surprises and possibilities are waiting*..although we can picture some situation that can, and will, happen during the tourney. Ninja

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
2 Vs 2 Play is such an interesting thing. It opens up a world of possibilities that 1 vs 1 could never hold. For instance, my frames tend to either be a Solid weapon heavy Quad, or an energy heavy biped The inherent problems with these two options would be compensated by a more solid unit say a Missiled up tank or a Heavy. However, this is not a guaranteed safety policy, as the enemies ACs also have to be taken into consideration. If the enemy is godly, we're screwed, if the enemy has better coordination, still screwed, If our coordination sucks, also screwed. There are several ways things could swiftly go tits-up for either side.

Although, before tits can begin to be upwardly inclined, we will have to actually duke it out in a few 2 vs 2 matches.

Also, I don't get why From software stopped at 4 people per match, 16 dudes on a large scale military district would be awesome IMO. But im just a fanboy like that.....
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
I was fortunate enough to be able to have several test matches with a friend who's not exactly competitive at AC but is more than decent at it. I gave him an easy-to-use high-defense midweight with TR-Servial (and sometimes TR-Liger) as an ally and I went 1-on-2 against them both. Trying out several potential designs, I was able to either win or at least kill one AC and still cripple the other.

The exercise showed me that a wide variety of designs is still most probably viable, whether OB lights, do-it-all mids, heavies, tanks, or quads.
Premonitions of days to come.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBZOsQSPkpc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBZOsQSPkpc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Finally found this vid.

This was Fox and Clonezero vs Doc and Serene -hindi ako yun si nereSe ako-.
Kings die honorable deaths.

Maraming salamat kay Rick for uploading this vid.

Rick, di pala 10 minutes yung laban laki ng mali ko. Nagmukha lang matagal kasi dalawa kumakarne sa kin. Plus, the slowmo from way many missiles.
that ac of mine failed but essentially was a test bed XD but yeah I'll never use the plasma pistol ever again XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Sino yung natira sa huli?

And natuwa ako dun sa kabila na kahit na nalagay na siya sa 1-on-2 na sitwasyon, napatay pa rin niya yung isang kalaban.

And yes, I think that's how our typical 2-on-2s will look. I'll be demanding a lot of strategy and coordination from whoever becomes my partner though. Jason LOL
fox
he basically carried me the whole time XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Here's what happened:
CZ and FOX teamed up to kill the Nightshift Doctor, borkening him in the process.
CZ ran out of ammo because he doesn't have a PHD in ammo capacity.
Since the guy with no PHD only has a blade left, that rabid idiot with the black AC had the courage to crush him.
Blades are more lethal when your target is distracted making crushing him a priority. special kasi si CZ kaya dapat matuwa sya kaya sya inuna.
After a long exchange of fire both the just idiot and the rabid idiot had to exchange slashes. Black vs White, white won with a slash to the core.

4 minutes and 21 seconds of Delicious Fourplay.
Something just for the upcoming tourney:

Don't be GAY.
Don't use FA.

LOL
Don't use Lemur either.

LOL
wow! nice test vid Clapping sweet end with a blade Ninja

(uh oh... can my machine handle the pressure? Facepalm take heart *or use the WG mode* )

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 99,965 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  ACV General Discussion Lord_Leperman 546 688,499 04-16-2013, 12:16 AM