Current time: 06-07-2024, 12:25 AM
General Fitness
Zero, you can try swimming too. I lost A LOT of weight by swimming Olympic distance for a bunch of laps. I don;t know for you, but it sure worked for me. Tongue
Zero, patience lang. The slower you lose the weight, the more permanent the change. Doesn't matter what you eat. Portion control is all that matters. Following a super rigid diet will just drive you nuts.
@arch
actually swimming is what got me into wanting to get into shape. went swimming with my officemates last 12th and i wasnt happy with my stamina. when i was a kid, my orthopedic doctor recommended i take it up as an exercise. never got into it tho coz it was too expensive and there are no nearby pools. same scenario now, well, except i think i can set aside money for it now XD

@NiX
i checked my weight again this morning and i dropped 2lbs \o/ not really in a hurry to lose the weight, i was just worried that the diet wasnt working ehehe. as for my current diet, im cool with it. heck, its more fun now because before lunch was always rice and hotdogs/chicken nuggets or whatever easy to prepare processed food was available at home. same with dinner. nowadays i get to pick what i want to eat ^^ i still have to be mindful of the calories, but yeah, freedom is delicious.
@Zero, ah oh yeah, the scale isn't always the most accurate gauge if you're burning fat. check your waist. check your fatty parts if they got smaller and leaner. remember, changes in weight happen often, as you drink water, intake food, take shits, sweat, etc during the day. Also take note that as you build a bit of muscle, you will eventually gain weight etc.

with regards to swimming stamina, it doesnt always have to be the whole distance the first time around. work your way up from a small distance with a particular intensity, if you feel confident and better the next time, then extend your distance/increase reps and intensity. losing weight is not an instant thing. its gradual.
[Image: Mt0uQ.jpg]

This guy. Redefining MAN THE FUCK UP.
More info on this guy? Like, how he did it?
(12-12-2011, 07:31 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: More info on this guy? Like, how he did it?

Might be better to just read the source.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments...in_photos/
Wow. Good shit.
Hahaha just noticed, he looks like Mark Wahlberg near the end LOL
who else became a vegetable? (besides me)
I ran in the rain and went the wrong way awhile ago \Big grin/ XD
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
Core and upper body strength anyone? LOL Not shopped.

[Image: yyynd.gif]
That is fucking sexy
She could come over to my place. There'll always be a pole she can use there.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(01-03-2012, 03:37 PM)Fox Wrote: She could come over to my place. There'll always be a pole she can use there.

Win.