Current time: 06-28-2024, 04:46 AM
General Fitness
Trace: Great progress! You're probably not eating the right stuff if you're getting tired. Means you're not recovering quickly enough.
yeah. u have to eat a bit if you're working out. You can just cut down on dinner since you wont use the energy-you can even not eat dinner lol.
Thanks guys. ^__^ My diet usually consists of mostly oatmeal and cereal. Most of the protein I eat comes from fish. I'm thinking of switching to Chicken and eating more of it.

Myuu. Keep getting fit, RR! Clapping
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
I take a sip or iced tea or any fruit drink every two sets, just to fire me up.

(02-10-2010, 01:09 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: Myuu. Keep getting fit, RR! Clapping
Haha just avoid doing this
(02-10-2010, 01:09 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: Thanks guys. ^__^ My diet usually consists of mostly oatmeal and cereal. Most of the protein I eat comes from fish. I'm thinking of switching to Chicken and eating more of it.

Myuu. Keep getting fit, RR! Clapping

Some little tricks I learned over time that can help:

Take your coffee black (no sugar, no cream). Aside from cutting down on teh calories, this makes you look manly LOL

Go for rolled oats. They're higher on fibre than minced oats, but they might be hard on your stomach for the first few days.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Eversince staying here with my father and grandparents while working, I started a veggie diet.
Lots of greens and rice, just enough meat or fish on the side.
Since I'm awake from midnight onwards, I get to burn much of what I eat. Add that to the morning walk I get to do every morning (as much as I want to jog, there are a hell of dogs here. Just running without them around is already crappy. Literally.).

I don't have problems maintaining my weight, but I really don't have much exercise. I always end up hurting my back doing crunches, because I might really be doing it wrong. Tips on crunches anyone?
'Signatures are overrated.'
Make sure you're actually using your stomach to pull yourself up. But if it hurts too much, just don't do it.
(02-15-2010, 03:03 AM)Serene Wrote: I don't have problems maintaining my weight, but I really don't have much exercise. I always end up hurting my back doing crunches, because I might really be doing it wrong. Tips on crunches anyone?

1. Make sure to do it on flat, level ground.

2. Do the movement slowly.

Count to 1 seconds as you contract your abs, hold your position just before your chest touches your knees - about 8 inches distance between them - and hold that position for around 2 secs, before lowering your upper torso down. Also, make sure the downward movement is also controlled - don't just drop back on the floor.

The idea is to keep your abs under a constant, controlled tension during the whole exercise, since "bouncing" up and dropping down is cheating.

3.he pain you feel in your abs should be akin to a burning sensation if you're doing the exercise properly. If it feels more like a tear, you might want to stop.

4. Don't forget to stretch

Other pointers:

http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exercises...cises.html

Have now been doing boxing for about a month. Program has been extended into 2.5 hour sessions:

3 rounds skip rope training
4 rounds shadow boxing (2 w/out weight, 2 w/ 2-lbs weights)
5 rounds heavy bag training
2 rounds mitts
3 rounds wall bag
4 rounds speed ball
4 rounds speed bag

30-second break between rounds filled in with light calisthenics.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Calculate your ideal physique(use Grecian calculator)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson207.htm

I'm hoping to reach these numbers or at least something close to it
Chest------44 inches
Waist------31 inches
Hip-------- 37 inches
Bicep------16 inches
Forearm--13 inches
Thigh-----23 inches
Calve ------15 inches
Neck-------16 inches
Wow you'll be pretty huge. O_O Note that a lot of references are for white people.
Hahaha I just entered my wrist size(which is below average) and I got those numbers.

I hope those 16 inch biceps are "flexed" biceps, not relaxed.
But 37" hips? That's wide enough to give birth. O_O
Mine are almost 38 haha LOL It's almost like a weight loss program from the belly down.
Myuu... My lower body's around that measurement too. Even after losing several pounds, my lower region's still real heavy.

If I were an AC, I'd be a cruiserweight class. XD
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
dear, there is something wrong with how you phrased your last post ;o;

also, wouldn't having a grecian-god body look weird in RL? just having well-toned body would be ok, muscly men are scary and weird!
[Image: th_tumblr_lk9u9uH6yu1qbacrgo1_500.gif]