Current time: 06-28-2024, 04:44 AM
General Fitness
(02-08-2010, 05:00 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: Any tips on how I could start? btw, I'm just looking to lose fat/better cardio Tongue

Start running. Jog normally, as you would, without any added exertion and see how long you can go without stopping. 10 minutes, 15, it doesn't matter. After you find out what your wall is, work on breaking it.

There are a couple of programs on the internet which can get your cardio exercises organized, much like hundredpushups.com does for your upper body ones.
Shin, diet also contributes much more to weightloss than exercise. Start calorie counting and stick to it. The key is to not overdo a diet ESPECIALLY if you're exercising cuz you won't have the energy to exercise / won't have any gains if you don't eat enough. You have to eat just a little less than your body's daily requirement. No more gram's eat-all-you-can raids. LOL
(02-08-2010, 05:00 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: Hahaha, asteeeg.
Ok, so I've been planning to get fit since last month. There's a gym here that I can use for free, it has all the basic equipment a gym usually has. CCP is also pretty close, so morning jogs are do-able. There's also a small pool and a sauna.

Any tips on how I could start? btw, I'm just looking to lose fat/better cardio Tongue

Stretch.

Aside from helping you warm up, stretching before your workout also helps keeps your muscles limber and builds up on your flexibility. It helps prevent cramps, and other injuries during training, helps build up agility.

Stretching after training helps cool down your muscles, and prevents them from stiffening up - they'll feel less sore when you're tired.

As for the jogging, start off at 15 to 20 mins as the guys said. Don't go for speed - just start off at a comfortable pace then keep it up that rhythm for the run.

Keep your back straight but relaxed, and breathe slowly and steadily from your diaphragm as you jog. Inhale with your nosrtils, exhale with your mouth. Swing your hips and shoulders naturally as take each step.

Don't sprint - there's an entirely different regimen for that, but for now focus on building up your stamina and knees Clapping
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
anyone interested in joining me to train this wed? let's just meet gh 5pm onwards. text me if anyone is interested. just bring loose clothes and extra shirts. don't have to pay anything.
Oh yeah, I've attained 2 of my "fitness" goals. 65kg weight and 30-inch pants. LOL
The only good thing that's come outta me getting a job again is that i've started losing weight. I'm down to 69kgs but still look flabbier than i was when i resigned last year.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(02-08-2010, 10:38 AM)Fox Wrote: The only good thing that's come outta me getting a job again is that i've started losing weight. I'm down to 69kgs but still look flabbier than i was when i resigned last year.

At least you're losing weight.

When I re-started the boxing and roadwork, I gained 5 lbs in the first two weeks Ermm I'm just not sure if it's muscle or flab.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
(02-08-2010, 10:38 AM)Fox Wrote: The only good thing that's come outta me getting a job again is that i've started losing weight. I'm down to 69kgs but still look flabbier than i was when i resigned last year.

Just take the stairs all the time, don't drink with your coworkers, and control your portions. You'll be back to your old self in no time. Happy
Ahahaha, we're just on the second floor so the elevator's pretty much useless to me, most of my new co-workers are pussies when it comes to chugging and my appetite doesn't make much of an appearance when i'm on-duty. LOL

Now, all i need to do is start doing my morning exercises again and i'll be able to back up that "Flirt"-shirt of mine with something substantial. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I just bought a measuring tape.
My waist is 37" Shock
Need to work harder.
(02-08-2010, 08:11 AM)NiX Wrote: Shin, diet also contributes much more to weightloss than exercise. Start calorie counting and stick to it. The key is to not overdo a diet ESPECIALLY if you're exercising cuz you won't have the energy to exercise / won't have any gains if you don't eat enough. You have to eat just a little less than your body's daily requirement. No more gram's eat-all-you-can raids. LOL

I've really (seriously) toned down on food, but I've just lost minimal weight, probably less than 1kg, because I haven't been exercising.

I've gotten used to eating a single serving, though honestly, there are days when you just want more. Tongue
I've toned down on sweets too, especially cola and juice drinks.
The effects won't be fast unless you're doing a fad diet.

I've lost 14 pounds so far over the course of 3 months. Minimal cardio other than walking. +strength training.
Had my first jog this morning. Most I could manage was 2 minutes, then I rested for 2~3 minutes. =/

I guess I should be doing better in 3 months. Smile
I've been trying to Jog every Tuesday and Thursday (kinda following Grim's and Arch_Angel's regimen) but I noticed that I get more tired after each session.

I usually jog around 20minutes on the incline in front of my house my Thursday sessions are usually less than 15minutes. I think I need to change my diet too... Something light but can give me lots of energy.

LOL I just graduated to doing standard push-ups. I can do about 6 before my arms collapse under my own weight. Sometimes, being really tall is a disadvantage.LOL
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
it's perfectly fine. just keep at it till your body gets used to it, then slowly increase difficulty and reps.