The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: ACV General Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
got a couple of questions

when I got ACV( which was a good month or 2 after it came out) ALMOST NO ONE was online, there were like 5 people playing free match mood and 2 poeple on mercenary list. I know that Armored Core isn't exactly popular over here in the North America but what the hell happened to everyone? From some guy that I had a 1v1 with, he told me most people left after some patch that downgraded a lot of parts and weapons making them unusable and/or taking the fun factor out. Just wanted to know if this is true. Also if any of you guys play on the NA servers, have, a least few people come back to the game? Because I sold my copy of ACV and I am planning on purchasing another one, so I just want to know whether or not there are people still playing it, so I just don't buy a Multiplayer centered game with a couple of people to play with.

And another thing, am I the only one that didn't get that "Armored Core" feeling for ACV? Like it didn't feel like I was in a giant robot anymore, but more of a power stubby power suit with big guns. Does From Software plan on continuing the Armored Core franchise or is this the last of ACV we will see?

just a few things I wanted to know.
(09-13-2012, 05:13 AM)Bob the Spartan Wrote: [ -> ]From some guy that I had a 1v1 with, he told me most people left after some patch that downgraded a lot of parts and weapons making them unusable and/or taking the fun factor out.

Actually the patch made a lot of weapons usable. Pre patch the 1K damage gatlings is probably the most abused weapon in the game.
Rifles, pulse MGs, handguns are more usable/ abusable now than they were pre patch.

If you really want lots of people to play with, get the JP version.

btw some essential reading:
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17413
Most people who left were 1) those who abused the broken stuff in 1.01 and were disappointed when they couldn't do it in 1.03 and 2) people who didn't like the fact that we didn't get a patch immediately.

There are still plenty of people playing, but it helps alot to know the people who play alot as that will net you much more results. If you really, really don't want to do that, get a JP copy. Just I would suggest reading the thread here.

http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=3170

Also note, if you have a bad/unstable connection, I would not suggest getting it, as lag is more constant on that side.

About the feel, its abit all over the place depending on who you talk to. I personally feel its closer to the older games than ACFA was though some others don't feel its Armored Core at all. Also, ACV was pretty much a smashing success on the JP side, so expect to see a sequel in the next few years.
theres news on facebook that another patch will arrive and make the international version the same as the japanese version.
Quote:ARMORED CORE V Overseas version - Latest Update File Distributing Announcement -

The distribution of the newest update file for oversea versions has been decided.
It will be applied after the temporarily sever maintenance which will be performed shortly.

For further information, please refer to the official announcement of the Namco Bandai Games.

This update will make the game specification as same as the Japanese latest version.

Yeah, it's happening soon. Looks like I'll be giving ACV another try then. Prolly Thursday or Friday given it's gonna be applied after the server maintenance.
I'm with you there =)
QPI? What QPI?

TIME TO RAIN DOWN PLASMA ON EVERYONE AGAIN. (Hope that's still viable XD)
(09-18-2012, 05:40 PM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]QPI? What QPI?

TIME TO RAIN DOWN PLASMA ON EVERYONE AGAIN. (Hope that's still viable XD)

Plasma got a buff IIRC. Less drain per shot and more ammo compared to the previous version (Not the 90 ammo one in regulation 1.02).
Ho ho ho, this is definitely interesting.
No more 30 ammo limitation? GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

Time to bring on the STORM (You know, cuz I'm Zefyr, and my name is based on the wind god Zephyrus who's leik the god of the storms and shit an----- *shotforhorriblepun*)
Yeah, 40 I believe is the ammo for the higher ammo cap plasma weapons.

Tanks get no buff or nerf or any form of alteration since the beginning. Seems that tanks were the one leg design they got right since the beginning (Everything else got changed I believe, though some very minor).

Look forward to lots of KE armor and AP buffs on CE and TE cores, they won't be as fragile as before.
Tanks got an indirect buff in 1.04 from the scan mode drain rebalancing. A lot of designs drain more in that patch except for tanks due to the way its set up.

BTW, so far we have received the 1.02 title update and we are to receive the 1.04 patch PS3 side after the Wed maintenance from what I've heard, as well as the bonus DLC (battle worn parts, extras shops). 360 side already got both.
^ So we get the battle-worn parts for free or we still have to buy them with real moneyz? lol.
(09-19-2012, 02:23 PM)farmboy28 Wrote: [ -> ]Tanks got an indirect buff in 1.04 from the scan mode drain rebalancing. A lot of designs drain more in that patch except for tanks due to the way its set up.

BTW, so far we have received the 1.02 title update and we are to receive the 1.04 patch PS3 side after the Wed maintenance from what I've heard, as well as the bonus DLC (battle worn parts, extras shops). 360 side already got both.

Awww yes! I'm starting to love Bamco and From again for that.

I hope we get the title update though, just so we can still free battle with the proper reg when the game servers go down.
I'll take a peek sometime this week. Im betting I cant pilot my AC anymore..lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37