The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: PACT Regulations for LR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
It always was and is considered a skillful man's style...
Any other things to be clarified?
Great stuff guys. Keep it moving right along. Wink
Traditionaly they'd remove enemy heat, enemy energy, and enemy weapons in tournaments on both sides of the Pacific and I think its fair since one can lessen the effect of a generator blow-out by not giving any indication of a busted generator (Except of course, if your enemy is right beside you and you can hear what's playing in their HUD).

Much like in an air dogfight where one pilot can't tell if the other pilot is low on fuel or ammo unless the other pilot's actions give some hint of such a status.

EDIT: Are we still banning the ROE2? I'm partialy against banning it now, or maybe at least a conditional ban with the ROE2 + 98L (the Mini-K)
Well... ROE2 plus SHADE2 is pretty nasty too... but yeah I'm kinda okay with that.

And as for that jet fighter analogy, AC is way more hitech than jets anyway so it's only natural that AC would have sensors to check on their opponents. Just pointing that out. But either way is fine with me.
Now that I've thought about it some more, for the cockpit gauges, I'm on the side of limiting what can be put on there. I'm for removing enemy data from the allowable choices for reasons which Lord_Leperman already stated. In a way, COMSAT yun sa kalaban mo. Tongue

ROE2, eh... I'll get back to you on that.
So, enemy data is out?
Can we make a vote on it? I say out.
I vote 'no' on enemy data being displayed.
For less complications, I'd go for 'no', too.
Hahah since we're already in this direction, I might as well vote against enemy data.

So... any more opinions on the ROE2 + Energy Weapons (except minisawa)

*does the ROE/2 work with energy sniper rifles?
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Nov 18 2006, 12:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Nov 18 2006, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So... any more opinions on the ROE2 + Energy Weapons (except minisawa)

*does the ROE/2 work with energy sniper rifles? [/quote:79bb2187a4]
Since ROE2 works on strictly laser rifles only (not even dual laser rifles or hi laser rifles), that would make the following the possible beneficiaries:

Shade
Hollow
Mini-Sawa
Dragon
Shade2

The other weapons might not have the great accuracy of the Mini-Sawa, but they have more than enough ammo and attack power to make up for it. Adding ROE2 would make things worse for the player's opponent. Too worse.

Check these weapons' accuracy out in the <a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=145' target='_blank'>projectile velocity topic</a> and make your decision.

EDIT: maitreya below said it right. For simplicity's sake, I vote for banning ROE2 completely.
Maybe not ban ROE2 + Dragon.. That's pretty much self-explanatory. I'm still quite unsure for the HOLLOW + ROE2, afterall, HOLLOW does have a slightly bad accuracy and has a ridiculously high weight.

But for simplicity's sake, I'd ban the ROE2.
I think its alright add the ROE2 (except for the case of the mini K) you're giving up extensions for support weapons (such as missiles) and adding drain around 400EP, and 245WP to add to your laser rifle's ammo cap, which I think is a fair use of extensions on one's AC. Think of it this way:

Shade + ROE2Ohmyver 800WP and consumes 2 hard-points of your AC. It also has sub-par accuracy compared to the RL.

HOLLOW + ROE2: 110 shots, but it weighs over 1300WP!

I'm voting yes to allow the ROE2 with laser rifles (except the 98L) because I'm begining to see the usefulnes of some laser rifles because of it (in contrast, no one used a right arm laser rifle in PACT1).
LOL alright then I say ban the ROE2 as well. Hahah join the bandwagon!
Rick and I had a pretty good talk over the ROE2. The conversation:

Quote:leperman: You're adding risk in the start of the match
leperman: and I think its just as valid as relation missiles as an option
leperman: as an extension part I mean
leperman: of course, not with the 98L
mix: ah, i see
mix: i get your point, but see all the other laser rifles have pretty good accuracy too
leperman: ROE2 + 98L = energy RS with 60 rounds
mix: and they're no slouch on the attack power either
leperman: The HOLLOW is a very good Laser rifle set, but think of the risk. That + the ROE2 weighs more than the BP, plus it take up more weapon slots
leperman: And think about this: It can encourage part diversity
mix: sabagay
leperman: No one used a laser rifle during PACT1
mix: that's one argument which always wins over me XD
mix: AC diversity
mix: haha
leperman: Allowing the ROE2 can encourage the use of laser rifles Big grin
leperman: well, except with the 98L
leperman: Its an RS that consumes energy, but has 60 rounds!
mix: but what about this? use the ROE2 one time then drop it
mix: you immediately rid yourself of the drain and weight
mix: but have near full ammo again
leperman: Fair use
leperman: it takes time to unload 12 rounds even on the hollow
leperman: and for that, just use the ROE
leperman: Just curious: what do you think of the ROE
leperman: Just the ROE
mix: it's more balanced since it's single use
mix: hahaha
mix: that's the best way i can put it
leperman: But with the ROE2?
mix: Big grin
mix: galing
mix: i'm stumped
mix: try to win over the others Smile)
leperman: The ROE2 is safe as long as its not with the 98L

Frankly, he showed me very good arguments, none of which I could deny. Tongue

Because of this, just around 30 minutes after making my first post, I'm starting to see things his way (and NiX's and maitreya's too). Tongue

What do you guys think?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22