The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: PACT Regulations for LR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
<!--QuoteBegin-maitreya+June 17, 2007 02:42 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (maitreya @ June 17, 2007 02:42 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> b) Players will be allowed to have a substitute AC. In other words, players can switch ACs between battles. (Side note: The player has a main AC. So (maybe) the player can only substitute only after his first round against a player.) [/quote:a7ba3b7ee2]
I already said that before.
I think the Boss didn't approve it. And I understand and accept that.
Fight with skill, not with just your AC.

But Yeah I agree with that.
<!--QuoteBegin-Serene+June 17, 2007 08:37 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Serene @ June 17, 2007 08:37 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-maitreya+June 17, 2007 02:42 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (maitreya @ June 17, 2007 02:42 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> b) Players will be allowed to have a substitute AC. In other words, players can switch ACs between battles. (Side note: The player has a main AC. So (maybe) the player can only substitute only after his first round against a player.) [/quote:a3d6f6039a]
I already said that before.
I think the Boss didn't approve it. And I understand and accept that.
Fight with skill, not with just your AC.

But Yeah I agree with that. [/quote:a3d6f6039a]
Well, seeing as we now have quite a bit of understanding of each other's playstyles, I guess having 2 builds up your sleeve in a tournament isn't so bad. Keep the opposition off-balance, so to speak.

I don't think it opens up too much leeway to abuse, because well, that's only 2 ACs you're going to have, not 3 or 4.
Ooohh~

This will be so fun.
Bumping...
Bump.

Anyways...
I suggest the allowance of the Roe2 on Lemur Arm equipped AC's equipped with the 98L Laser Rifle.

Why?
AC's with Lemur arms are not allowed to have left arm guns whenever a right arm gun is chosen as the main weapon. The 98L has ammo reserves so low, it can't kill an AC with just a Roe on.

Or maybe Allow the Roe2 on the 98L on if, the Lemur Equipped AC has only one back weapon.

Hahaha sorry Serene, long overdue. Has anyone actually tested the abusability of an AC using LEMUR2+98L+ROE2? Sorry I have no idea on how to evaluate this. >_<

I'll revive another issue though: MAP SELECTION. I just thought that it may be time to do a rethink of our maps. Here are my current opinions on the banned maps.

BARN ARENA - it still sucks.
SITE-S - still too small.
TRAINING SPACE - can't recall how big it is... but it's bigger than SITE-S right? If it is, then I don't mind.
VOLCANO - definitely no.
FLOATING ARENA - definitely no.
DECK CAGE - I say we allow it now.
LABORATORY - Ito ba yung mahuhulog galing sa taas and then may parang arena sa baba? If it is, then parang kawawa kasi dito ang mga heavy tanks na di makalipad... so huwag parin IMO.
SPACEPORT - I say we allow it now.
RUIN - Well I still don't like it and I still vote against it.
ABANDONED FACTORY - I say we allow it now.
STRUCTURE - I say we allow it now.
Two weeks until the tournament.

So do we still retain the same map pool as last time?
I say ban Barn Arena, Site-S, Volcano, Floating Arena, Laboratory. All others I'd like to see competitive battles in. Yes, even Ruin.

Any other thoughts on Ruin to break the 1-1 tie? Tongue
Hahah okay fine I ruin is okay with me too. (pati dun praktisado na rin ako LOL)
is the ruins the one with high ECM?

lol yeah that would do?
Dunno about its ECM level, but Ruins is the one that literally looks look the ruins of an ancient structure.
I updated the first post of this thread.

I encourage everyone to review the rules once again.

Currently, our only banned maps are:

BARN ARENA
SITE-S
VOLCANO
FLOATING ARENA
LABORATORY
I was reviewing the rules.
I haven't spotted any flaws or loopholes.

Maybe it's just right if we can officially add the 3 AC rule.

and the...

VOLCANO~!!!

VOL-CA-NO!
VOL-CA-NO!
Serene Wrote:VOLCANO~!!!

VOL-CA-NO!
VOL-CA-NO!

I want the Volcano part of the legal maps, too, but the map is too disadvantageous to Tanks. Though the map is good for hovers, the fact that tanks can't move around that much because of the lava spots, it would make it too unfavorable for the tank leg-type. Though having that in the list still sounds amusing, especially with the random map system.
Maybe we can have a tournament in which we'll only use the banned maps.
NiX Wrote:Maybe we can have a tournament in which we'll only use the banned maps.

Oh man, that should be a riot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22